is a spreadsheet developed by Microsoft for Windows, Mac OS X, Android and iOS. It features calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications. It has been a very widely applied spreadsheet for these platforms, especially since version 5 in 1993, and it has replaced Lotus 1-2-3 as the industry standard for spreadsheets.
Excel is a spreadsheet and is used almost in every organization for maintaining data, creating dashboards/reports, charts, calculations, etc. the solution is one of the most well-known software from Microsoft’s kitty. The solution helps users in their day to day operations. Below are certain key features of the solution:
About The Company
- Tables - Tables can be created with different fields (e.g. name, age, address, roll number, and so forth). One can add a table to fill these values.
- Charts - With charts, a user can clearly show a product(s) evaluation to a client. For example, a user can display a chart showing which product is selling more or less by month, week, and so forth.
- Functions - There are both mathematical functions (add, subtract, divide, multiply), and logical ones (average, sum, mod, product).
- Macros - Macros can be created easily which are used for recording events for future use
- Database - With the data feature, one can add any database from other sources to it.
- Data validations - This tool can help consolidate the data.
- Grouping - The grouping feature helps both to group the data and ungroup it so to have subtotals and so forth
- Hyperlink – A user can link one file to another file or page.
- Clip art – A user can add images and also audio and video clips.
- Images and backgrounds – A user can incorporate images and backgrounds into each sheet.
- Sorting and filtering – Helps sort and/or filter out data so that anything redundant or repetitive can be removed more easily.
- Page layout - Themes, colors, sheets, margins, size, backgrounds, breaks, print, titles, sheets height, width, scaling, grids, headings, views, bring to front of font or back alignment, and many more are available to lay out the page.
- Sparklines – A user can create interactive charts that provide simple visualization representations of trends across a row of your data—in a single worksheet cell. Sparklines offer excellent real-estate savings on crowded dashboard worksheets and can be extremely insightful for the amount of space used. This feature is unbelievably cool and ridiculously simple to use. And yet, not many analysts capitalize on these powerful tiny charts.
- Conditional Formatting – Helps quickly create heat maps, turning a table of data into a continuous spectrum of colors for insightful visual analysis. This is a simple and effective way to explore your data and find interesting patterns.
- SMALL and LARGE functions – Helps find the first, second or nth largest (or smallest) value in the data.
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet line up. As of 2011, it was the world's largest software maker by revenue and one of the world's most valuable companies.