I recently read an article titled, ‘Free Advice Is Usually Worth What You Pay For It!’ However, I’m glad to say that everything that comes for free isn’t worthless, just like in this case- free and open source hotel management software.
Free hotel management system has the features to help you manage a hotel, big or small, as well as, similar properties like resorts, B&Bs, homestays, etc. They can help you perform key tasks smoothly such as automated check-ins, report generation, guest management, group bookings, etc. They come with unique capabilities to help your hotel perform at maximum efficiency.
List of Free and Open Source Hotel Management Software
1. Abacre Hotel Management System
Abacre is a web based free hotel management software that facilitates everything from managing guest reservation to guest check-in/check-outs, generating invoices & tax reports. It is compatible with multiple versions of Windows-XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7, 8, & 10.
- This system supports multi-currencies and taxes.
- It supports payment acceptance in cash, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, AmEx) and cheque.
- Reports can be generated on various basis to draw a complete picture of hotel operations.
- It helps in improving the quality of guest handling by standardizing the hotel management process.
HotelDruid works well for all size of properties, from B&Bs to large hotel chains. It is a cloud-based free hotel management software that can be accessed from PC, smartphone, and tablets. It is a user-friendly software supporting multiple languages. English, Spanish and Italian languages are inbuilt into it & you can always add more dialects using the language module.
- It automatically assigns rooms while maximizing the room availability.
- You can add extra cost and special offers to the base rates flexibly.
- It facilitates Point of Sale for restaurants and bar along with inventory management.
- Comparative statistics can be done considering occupancy and revenue.
3. KWHotel Free
The free version of hotel management software KWHotel is available in three modes namely, KWHotel Desktop, KWHotel Web, and KWHotel Mobile. KWHotel Free is suitable for a single workstation and can be run on Windows-based computer. It is best suited for small properties including yacht and surfboard rentals. If you wish to upgrade the functions of the product, you always have the option to choose from their paid versions.
- The ‘calendar’ module gives you access to room booking information on daily/weekly/monthly basis and other reservation details.
- Manage complete guest details and reservation history at one place.
- Set up regular reminders regarding guest arrival, check-out time and payment due.
- Effectively manage rooms, organize them in groups, edit their rates as per requirement.
NOBEDS is a free hotel property management software that can be operated on Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS. It is a cloud-based system that lets you manage hotel business operations using various devices. You can also choose to use it on the web and not download the application version.
- You can access the system anytime to check vacancies, payment status, etc.
- You can easily customize invoices, add logos & edit text in it.
- The intuitive dashboard gives you a quick view of the property and alerts you about new reservation or tasks.
- You can generate charts and reports in a single click.
5. OTA Hotel Management
OTA free hotel management software is an open source software released by e-novate. The proposed software has been designed for small and medium size hotels. It is a multilingual software currently supporting English, Vietnamese, Korean, with more languages on its way.
- It provides you with real-time online booking engine.
- You can create, edit and delete guests profile.
- It facilitates room rate management.
The paid version, obviously, offers additional functions. However, if you have limited resources, then free and open source hotel management software can prove to be your saviour. If we have missed any popular and valuable free hotel management system, let us know in the comment section below.
If you need more features to manage your hotel business effectively than provided in the free version, check out the paid options. Compare Price and Features Here