What is Clinic Management Software?
Clinic management software is a bundled information management system for clinics and other similar healthcare facilities. With a patient management software
, healthcare centres can computerise manual operations and maintain digital copies of patient records (electronic medical records or EMR). Aside from these, top clinic software can also be used to seamlessly perform billing, patient EMR management, MIS reporting, appointment, front desk and more.
Who needs Clinic Management Software?
Clinics of any kind- Ayurveda clinics, paediatric, dental, orthopaedic, fertility, etc. can use a clinic management
software. Best clinic management software in India helps clinics and medical centres in effectively managing their patient records and improving overall operations.
These days, healthcare providers are taking it up a notch with the advent of multi-specialty clinics. Such clinics have a generally larger employee base, with multiple doctors and staff operating at the same time. Added to that are the business operational challenges that arise out of the multiple specialities present at the clinic. All of these, makes it all the more important for such places to have a robust and functioning clinic management software.
Why you need Clinic Management Software?
Clinics big and small, need a clinic EMR software. With a clinic management software, not only you improve daily healthcare operations but also simplify them to optimisation. Everyday activities like patient invoice generation, report generation, appointment scheduling and record maintenance, are performed by clinic software in India. It reduces the need for human intervention and decreases the possibility of errors caused by manual procedures.
There is more to be gained than just functional advantages from top clinic software. As your clinic expands and both staff and patient volume increases, you can scale up your medical billing software. Simply customise a healthcare software to your clinic needs and voila, you’re set.
You can use best clinic management software
as an on-premise solution or on a cloud-based model. The cloud-based clinic management software is preferred by many because in case of property damage caused by a myriad of reasons (earthquake, fire, flood, short-circuiting), your clinic’s data remains stored on a remote server securely. This ensures that your data isn’t lost, and you don’t have to start from scratch.
These days, most clinic solutions are mobile-capable, so you can access your clinic’s data on a smartphone or tablet. This way, you can always access your patient records, billing and accounting details even when you’re not inside your clinic.
Modules in Clinic Management Software
A clinic management software is made up of various components, each of which addresses different operations of a clinic. Some of the important modules that top clinic software offers are: -
- Patient Billing: Patient billing module of clinic software in India digitises the process and automates a lot of redundancies. From the moment a patient walks in and until he/she walks out, the clinic management system software maps their activities including services rendered, tests done & doctors visited. The best clinic software then tabulates these services and calculates the final bill for the patient to pay.
The patient billing module opens up a lot of your employee’s time. Automated billing processes minimise the need for manual intervention in every step. Additionally, clinic billing software
doubles down as an accounting solution, as clinics can use it to perform bookkeeping and audits. And don’t worry about tax laws – all popular clinic billing software in India are GST-compliant.
- EMR Management: Arguably the most important module of a medical software, EMR management takes care of all records throughout a patient lifecycle, right from appointment booking to the moment they walk in, all the way to final disposal of the record. Using clinic EMR management software India, detailed patient records containing treatment history, clinical findings, diagnostic test results, patient progress, and medications, can be maintained with complete ease. Top clinic software’s EMR management module completely negates the need to maintain physical copies of records, saving physical space and stationary cost in the process.
- Reporting: Sitting on excel and manually creating reports is one of the most boring and frustrating things to do. Thankfully, clinic management software can generate reports without needing much manual inputs. Using the power of automation, the reporting module of best clinic software in India can be programmed to pull data from different places and compile it into a fully functional report. No more sitting for hours in front of Excel and rage typing reports, medical software for doctors will do that for you.
- Patient Management: From the minute a patient walks through your clinic door and registers at the front-desk up until they leave, the patient management module manages the entirety of a patient’s lifecycle. The patient management module of top clinic management software can be used to store details of diagnosis & medicinal information and, perform CRM.
Besides the data collected at the front desk, the top clinic software also makes a record of the doctor’s prognosis, medicine given and additional information if any. These records are then stored by the EMR management module. When a patient is done with his/her visit, the information stored in the patient management module is transferred to the patient billing module, which generates invoices accordingly.
- Appointment & Scheduling: With top clinic management software, making patient appointments is made easy. When a patient calls to make an appointment, the details are fed into the clinic management system by the front-desk staff. Those details are then shared with the concerned doctor. This lets doctors map out their day and set enough time to attend every patient’s needs.
Features in Clinic Management Software
- Front Desk Management: Details of every patient who walks into your clinic has to be noted for record and audit purposes. The front desk management module manages the entirety of patient registration. Best clinic software can be used to store information of a patient such as name, address, emergency contact, prior medical history, any allergies. The front desk module also records appointments and conveys the same to the concerned doctor. Clinic software records all details, generates a unique patient ID and appoints a doctor to the patient.
A clinic management software offers a whole lot of features to clinics and other similar medical practices. Some of the key features of the best clinic software are: -
Advantages of Clinic Management Software
- Patient Portal: Most clinic management software in India comes with a patient portal for successful CRM. The patient portal can be used by, you guessed it, patients to access test results, prescriptions and invoices. It is a handy feature for clinics, as patients can simply log in and access their data, without having to call and bother the front-desk staff.
- Automated Invoice Generation: Clinic management software can record all information pertaining to a patient’s visit and interaction with the doctor. The software can create invoices based on pharmaceutical prescriptions and services rendered to patients. All that a front-desk staff has to do, is tally that information to verify its authenticity and forward it to the patient for payment.
- Prescription Management: Online clinic software is also capable of performing prescription management. It can store prescription information, receive prescriptions made by doctors, send prescription information to patients and pharmacy, and forward billing details to the invoicing module. All of this, without any need of manual intervention.
- Inventory Management: Even the smallest of clinics have some inventory to work with. The clinic inventory management feature provides employees with details of medical stock and supplies, their procurement information and reports related to stock. When stock is running low, clinic software reminds the user to place an order. Besides these, the inventory management module also helps in planning out the optimal use of your clinic’s storage space.
- Data Management: Aside from patient EMR, the best clinic management software can also be used to maintain digital records of important documents of the clinic. Documents related to finance, supply, employees, audit, etc. can all be stored by the data management feature of best clinic software. Using top clinic software in India, you don’t have to maintain a separate room containing stacks of documents for record-keeping.
- Claims & Insurance: When patient billing is performed, insurance claims have to be kept in mind. The billing feature of a clinic management software considers insurance claims while preparing invoices. This creates less hassle for both patients and employees, resulting in smiling faces all around.
- Discharge Summary: After a patient is done with his/her treatment, the ‘discharge summary’ feature of top clinic software automatically generates a compiled list of all the services rendered by the doctor, all medicines prescribed, and all the tests performed. This compiled list is given to the patient as discharge summary, a record of their entire medical transaction and treatment history at the clinic.
- Security Management: Maintaining a directory of your clinic’s data with clinic software, is a cost-effective option. Popular clinic software also assists in keeping your data secure with built-in data security and encryption features. You can also keep a backup of your data, for safe-keeping.
The advantages of using a clinic management software are too many to list. For your convenience, the most important and best advantages of clinic software have been listed below: -
With a clinic management software, you get a mapped-out picture of your clinic expenses. You can use this information for evaluation and to make financial decisions that help in decreasing your operating cost. Clinic software also removes the need for maintaining physical records, significantly removing the cost of buying stationary.
- Simplify Patient Record Storage
Best clinic EMR management software are responsible for patient record management, from its inception to disposal. Your clinic employees will no longer need to dig through years of physical records, as the EMR module will simplify archiving in a jiff.
- Easier Patient Communication
Clinic management software helps you with generating instant bills and invoices, along with detailed patient records. You can use clinic software to send digital copies of bills and invoices to the patient with absolute ease. Besides these, you can also send promotional messages along with the reminders of upcoming appointments.
- Better Patient Management
From appointment scheduling to electronic record generation, any and all activities related to patient management
are improved significantly using the best clinic software in India.
- Appointment Scheduling Simplified
The entire process of making an appointment is simplified with a clinic solution. When a patient makes an appointment, all that staff has to do is to enter their details into the system along with their appointment details. Post this, doctors receive notification of upcoming appointments automatically, which they can use for planning their schedule.
- Effective Inventory Planning
Clinic management software lets you manage your medical inventory and informs you of discrepancies in the same. Clinic software informs users of current pharmacy stock and equipment, along with supplies that need to be ordered.
Q. Do I need to invest significantly in IT infrastructure to use clinic management software?
No, you don’t have to invest heavily in IT infrastructure to use a clinic management system. You can use clinic software on any Windows or Mac powered computer. You can also enjoy its features on tablets and smartphones.
Q. How many employees should my clinic have to use a clinic management software?
There isn’t any minimum or maximum number of employees needed to use a clinic management solution. Even if your clinic has five employees, there’s a lot to be gained from using a clinic software.
Q. How do I decide between buying a cloud-based & an on-premise clinic management system?
It depends on your clinic’s need. If you can house the required hardware infrastructure and have a dedicated IT person/team, on-premise is a great option for you. Many clinic administrators prefer the on-premise option to ensure security of their confidential data. However, if those are a no-go, then opt for a cloud-based clinic software. Cloud-based clinic software stores your data on a remote server, which is completely safe and heavily encrypted. The cloud model comes with the ability to pay for licenses without the added cost of infrastructure procurement.
Q. Can I integrate a clinic management software with my existing tools and solutions?
Absolutely! You can easily integrate other third-party software like document management system and accounting tools with a clinic management solution.
Q. Do I need to dedicate a lot of resources to train my employees in using clinic management software?
On purchasing a clinic software, you and your employees will be trained and guided by professionals on how to use the solution. Most clinic solutions come with readable user guides, which you can refer to as well. So, no you don’t have to dedicate a lot of resource into training your clinic staff.
Q. How do multi-specialty clinics benefit from using a clinic management software?
As multi-specialty clinics have different specialties operating simultaneously, they need a robust solution that can manage all of these effectively. A clinic software’s different modules can easily handle these different verticals, making administrative work easier and less stressful. Additionally, a clinic management software also comes with franchise management feature, so users can manage clinics at different locations through the same platform.
Q. Can I store my old archived patient records in a clinic management software?
Yes you can. Simply scan the document or take a picture and upload it to the clinic software’s interface. You can then assign the record a name and date, for further record-keeping.
Q. My clinic doesn’t need all the modules offered by a clinic management software. Can I only get the ones I need?
Yes, you can purchase a clinic management system customised with just the features you require for your medical practice.
If your hands are trembling in anticipation of buying a clinic management software, slow down. There are a few crucial things you need to consider before buying best clinic management software: -
Identifying Your Need
Expectations of every medical practitioner and administrators are different from a clinic management software. So, it is of utmost importance that you identify your business needs in collaboration with your clinic staff and invest in the most suitable clinic software. Identifying your key requirements puts you in a better position to understand how a clinic management software benefits your practice.
Define Your Budget
Defining the budget is crucial before making any purchase, and the same logic applies to buying a clinic management software in India. Having a set budget will help you in filtering from the dozens of clinic solutions available. Depending on your budget, you can opt for a clinic management solution that provides all essential features and modules to run your clinic profitably.
Get a Demo
Before you purchase any clinic management system, enquire if the vendor company provides demos or offers the product on a trial basis. Demos/trial versions are a great way to familiarise yourself with the clinic software and to figure out if it’s suited to your clinic.
User Experience (UX) Matters
User experience (UX) is an important functionality to look out. A clinic software that provides modules with complex functionalities, will be problematic in the long run. Identify clinic management solutions with a clean and friendly interface, as they’ll be easier to learn and navigate.
List of Best Sellers
The best clinic management software in India is difficult to pinpoint, as different solutions cater to clinics different needs. Here’s our list of clinic management software that are the best: -
- Qmarksoft Clinic Management
- Adroit eClinic Systems
- Practo Atom Ray
- Med-E-Nova Mini
- T-CAS - Total Clinic Automation System
- MocDoc Clinic Management System
- Miracle EMR
- Viva Clinic Management Software
- Evision Clinic Management Software