What is Endpoint Security Software?
An endpoint security solution is also called endpoint protection software is one of the most prized assets of any business organization is the data, which its employees have collected over the years with hard work and precision. The imagination of losing the data on the hands of hackers itself gives the goosebumps. Over the years, the number of cyber-attacks has increased, and many enterprises have suffered a loss due to these attacks. To secure the data from being hacked, it’s important to download endpoint antivirus software in your Windows computer. Good and reliable antivirus software is what a business needs to secure their data from various cyber threats. Want to know how does antivirus software work? Let’s read more.
The need for an Endpoint Protection Solution
Today, a major part of any business is handled online, which undoubtedly make things easier. But, it comes with its own share of risks. There are a plethora of online threats that are increasing day by day. Hence, it’s important to keep businesses safe from these threats and safeguard the company's data from falling into wrong hands. This can be done by installing the right antivirus software. Many endpoint antivirus software companies are online that are selling best antivirus for Windows 10 or 7. You can also find a list of antiviruses for Windows 7 and 10 online. Antivirus software is an internet security solution that protects businesses from getting affected by online threats like Trojans, malware, ransomware, botnets, rootkits and other malicious viruses that enter the system and wreck it completely. As a computer or network viruses are not the only online threats that impact online business operations. Hence, the need for a good network security software comes into play that will help in protecting computers, servers and other devices that are connected to the internet.
Advantages of an Endpoint Security Software Solution For Business
For every internet user, it’s necessary to stay updated with the upcoming and ongoing internet threats. Even if the user is using the most advanced endpoint protection technology, it does not mean that he is protected from virus attack. Every device connected with the internet is prone to threat, hence, it becomes necessary for the people to gain education about the benefits of using an endpoint antivirus software that will help to protect your integrated solutions like Business Intelligence Software from becoming corrupted.
- Real-time Protection from Online Threats: Online threats such as viruses, malware, ransomware etc., wreak havoc in the entire business system once they enter into a computer or a network. Therefore, real-time scanning of files, documents and software are important. But, without antivirus software, doing so isn't possible. One of the major benefits of using antivirus protection is that it provides real-time security from online threats.
- Saves Money: Data is one of the most prized possessions of any company thus, losing it is a huge loss. The data theft can bring in both legal as well as financial obligations for a company. Therefore, to keep the data safe it’s necessary to use the antivirus software. It not only helps in protecting the company's data but also saves a lot of money, which can be lost if the data or confidential information is compromised.
- Endpoint Protection Sensitive and Personal Information: One of the many benefits offered by antivirus software is that it protects the personal information of users from falling into wrong hands. While the Internet is swamped with hackers, who constantly try to get their hands on personal and sensitive information of people on the Internet. They also target companies to gather information. Options from top antivirus software list help in protecting sensitive and personal information from falling into the hands of hackers.
- Best Endpoint Protection for Business: - Endpoint security is also known as endpoint protection which is used to protect your business when anybody is trying to access it remotely via laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
- Two-way Firewall Protection: Firewall protection is important to keep the stored data safe. Antivirus provides two-way firewall protection, which keeps a check on all the incoming and outgoing data and mails to keep the systems safe from getting infected by viruses, malware, ransomware and various malicious software. If blocks both incoming and outgoing data or emails that look suspicious.
Things to Look for while Buying an Endpoint Security Software
There are various ways through which hackers steal confidential data. For a hacker, it’s easy to sneak into the company’s server and procure the necessary data. Viruses, malware, phishing emails, etc. are some of the common ways hackers use to get into a user’s system. Ransomware is a new cyber threat that has baffled the world and affected a huge number of enterprises. Therefore, to protect companies' data from getting compromised, using good antivirus software is important. Along with, it’s important to know that how does antivirus software work? Antivirus software can help to shield the data in all integrated solutions like billing and Invoicing software and keep it safe from falling into wrong hands. However, with different types of antivirus software available in the market, it becomes difficult to choose the appropriate one that fulfils the necessary business requirement. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right antivirus software-
- Type of endpoint antivirus software: Before buying antivirus software, it is important to decide which antivirus software fulfils the complete business requirements. As every software does not provide complete protection whereas some just provide protection from threats. Therefore, it is important to know about the type of software and the level of protection antivirus software offers.
- Endpoint Security Price Comparison: Without any doubt, this is one of the most important factors that need consideration. This is because investment in software incurs an ample amount of money and if the investment does not pay back, it will be a huge loss for the company. Therefore, considering the price of antivirus software is an important factor before buying one.
- Understanding the Modules of an Antivirus Software: Understanding the modules of antivirus software is vital, as it gives the power to choose the right software that will provide an extra layer of security.
- Real-time antivirus protection: Real-time antivirus protection is a module that is present in every antivirus software. This module is important as it helps in real-time scanning of viruses that might have entered into the system while you are browsing the Internet or while mistakenly installing an infected software.
- Central Management: To have a bird's eye view of the defence on different systems of the company, today, most of the antivirus software comes with a central management module. Antivirus software for PCs, allow managers to monitor each user's machine and check who has installed any software or recently updated it.
- Anti-Malware: Malware is common online threats that wreck the system after entering it, resulting in losing all the prized data. To prevent malware from entering the systems, anti-malware are useful. It blocks software or a link with malicious content.
- Peripheral Control (USB Blocking): Desktops and laptops come with USB ports that let connecting the machines with USB devices. Usually, USB devices are connected to transfer data and while doing so, sensitive data might be stolen by a malicious agent, which can lead to huge financial loss. Nowadays, security software comes with a module named peripheral control that lets blocking of all peripheral devices and completely disables all USB ports. So, USB devices cannot connect to any of the systems. Thus, providing an added layer of protection.
- Application Control: Application control is a module of an antivirus software that blocks unauthorized malware and applications from getting installed on the servers, corporate desktops and other IT devices. Having this module is important as it helps in protecting the data of the company from getting compromised.
- Compatibility: Another important factor that should be kept in mind when buying a security software is checking its hardware and software compatibility. This is because different Windows, IOS & Android software comes for users. In addition, some software might not support the operating system that is installed in the systems of the company.
Find the List of Endpoint Security Features
The wide usage of antivirus software from years, compelled the users to assume that every antivirus software has the same set of features. Hence, they do not pay much attention on the product they are using, or whether it is providing complete security to the device or not. Below is a list of some necessary features that an antivirus software must have. This will help customers choose the best antivirus software for their system.
- Anti-malware and Anti-Spyware: One of the must-have features of an antivirus software is protection from malwares and spywares. Anti-malware and anti-spyware features are important as they prevent malicious applications from entering the servers, corporate computers and other devices.
- Email Security: Today, most of the communication in a business organization is done through emails, which increases the risk of attack due to phishing mails. Owing to this, it is immensely important for a business organization to keep its emails protected to avoid the phishing attacks. Email Security feature not only prevents phishing attacks but also blocks any email that looks suspicious.
- Scheduled Scan: This feature allows the user to schedule the scanning of computers and business software against viruses, malwares, ransomwares, trojans, botnets and other malicious applications. This feature is important as the antivirus software automatically scans a system regularly.
- Auto-cleaning: Most of the antivirus puts any suspicious or harmful applications in the quarantine zone, which requires manual deletion. But, while deleting it manually some items may get missed out. It is also a time-consuming process. On the other hand, the auto-cleaning feature automatically deletes all the malicious applications as soon as it finds them suspicious. It helps in saving time and ensures that the computers and servers are safe from malicious applications, viruses and other such threats.
- Safe Banking: Today, most of the banking activities are done online as it saves time. But, without having proper security, users can land on fake websites or end-up sharing their bank details and personal information with an impostor. And, as a result, lose an ample amount of money. Therefore, safe banking is a must-have feature of antivirus as it shields the users from all such possible situations, where there is a risk of user identity or information getting compromised.
Here Are the Best Endpoint Security Vendors List in India
- Symantec endpoint protection solution
- Seqrite endpoint security Tools
- MacAfee endpoint security solution
- Checkpoint endpoint security (enterprise security for endpoints)
- Kaspersky endpoint security
- Kaspersky endpoint security 10
- Sophos Endpoint Security
- ESET endpoint security
- Microsoft endpoint protection
- Trend micro endpoint security
- Forefront endpoint protection
- Lumension endpoint security
- Cisco endpoint security
- SaaS endpoint protection
- Bitdefender endpoint security