A digital certificate is an electronic "credit card
" that establishes your credentials when doing business or other transactions on the Web. Digital Certificates are issued by licensed Certification Authority (CA). It can be used for e-Filing of income tax returns, e-Tendering in India on government websites such as Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, and also director general of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Corporate Affairs and Registrar of Companies Applications.
Types of Digital Signature Certificates
- Class 2 Certificate: These certificates will be issued for both business personnel and private individuals use. These certificates will confirm that the information in the application provided by the subscriber does not conflict with the information in well-recognized consumer databases.
- Class 3 Certificate: This certificate will be issued to individuals as well as organizations. As these are high assurance certificates, primarily intended for e-commerce applications, they shall be issued to individuals only on their personal (physical) appearance before the Certifying Authorities
Today world is becoming digital and paperless, so are the payment systems. Likewise, Digital Signature Certificate, lets you keep a digital identity online. It contains your name, a serial number, expiration dates, a copy of the certificate holder's public key (used for encrypting messages and digital signatures), and the digital signature of the certificate-issuing authority so that a recipient can verify that the certificate is real.
About the Company
- A digital certificate is an electronic proof that you can use proof your identity.
- Provides you with an access to a variety of information or services on the Internet.
- It can also be used as a digital signature document required online.
- It can be used by an individual or organisation.
- Only the original creator of a document can add a certifying signature.
- Approval signatures can be added by anyone with a digital ID and are used to approve documents, track changes, and accept terms stated with a document.
e-Procurement Technologies Ltd. is a well-managed company with a board comprising of innovators, industry leaders and domain experts. The company is one of the India's first digitally signed e-Tender company and since then they have served more than 300,000 sourcing events successfully.