Protect simplifies data protection, whether data is hosted in physical, virtual, software-defined or cloud environments. With IBM Spectrum Protect, organizations can choose the right software to manage and protect their data—while also simplifying backup administration, improving efficiency, delivering scalable capacity and enabling advanced backup and recovery capabilities. The software can help protect data on systems of all sizes, from a single point of control. The software also helps save investment on backup infrastructure to a great extent, optimize data protection for virtual and software-defined environments, core applications and critical workstations.
About The Company
- Simplified backup administration - Backups can be managed by IBM Spectrum Protect Operations Center, VMware vSphere Client or third-party software. IBM Spectrum Protect Operations Center delivers breakthrough visibility and ease of use for backup administrators, reducing the level of expertise required.
- Built-in cloud integration - IBM Spectrum Protect container storage pools enable external cloud and object storage without additional hardware or gateways on popular cloud environments such as Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and IBM SoftLayer.
- Reduced backup infrastructure costs - Savings are typically found in storage media, backup servers, data center floor space, power and cooling. IBM Spectrum Protect high-performance deduplication, compression and incremental forever capabilities work together to reduce backup storage requirements.
- Scalable performance - IBM Spectrum Protect servers can expand to manage billions of objects per server, so there is less disruption and complexity as backup workloads grow.
- Optimized data protection - IBM Spectrum Protect is a complete solution. It enables advanced data protection for current and next-generation environments, including cloud, virtualized and software-defined environments; core applications; and remote facilities. Data managed by IBM Spectrum Protect is easily replicated to off-site recovery facilities for safekeeping.
- Multi-site replication - IBM Spectrum Protect Extended Edition enables backup data to be replicated on an incremental, scheduled or per-client basis from one IBM Spectrum Protect server to another. Replication is policy-driven, so on-site and off-site retention policies can be different.
- Virtualized, software-defined infrastructures - IBM Spectrum Protect for Virtual Environments and IBM Spectrum Protect Snapshot can back up and restore data residing in virtual, software-defined environments without negatively impacting applications and operations that share the underlying physical resources.
- Flexible restores - Flexible recovery options in IBM Spectrum Protect are designed to simplify common restore requests, including:
- Self-service restore portal, initially for VMware data
- Individual item, database, volume-level, and data store restores from snapshots
- Near-instant access to backup data for Microsoft Windows and Linux Intel-based servers and Windows workstations
International Business Machines Corporation (commonly referred to as IBM) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, United States, with operations in over 170 countries. The company originated in 1911 as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR) and was renamed "International Business Machines" in 1924. IBM manufactures and markets computer hardware, middleware and software, and offers hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. IBM is also a major research organization, holding the record for most patents generated by a business (as of 2016) for 23 consecutive years.