NSX® is the network virtualization and security platform for the Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC), delivering the operational model of a virtual machine for entire networks. Because NSX builds networks in software, data center operators can achieve levels of agility, security, and economics that were previously unreachable with physical networks. With NSX, network functions including switching, routing, and firewalling are embedded in the hypervisor and distributed across the environment. This effectively creates a “network hypervisor” that acts as a platform for virtual networking and security services. Users can create multiple virtual networks with diverse requirements, leveraging a combination of the services offered via NSX to build inherently more secure environments.
About The Company:
- Provides switching that enables logical layer 2 overlay extensions across a routed (L3) fabric within and across data center boundaries that support for VXLAN-based network overlays.
- Provides dynamic routing between virtual networks performed in a distributed manner in the hypervisor kernel, scale-out routing with active-active failover with physical routers. Static routing and dynamic routing (OSPF, BGP) protocols supported
- Provides NSX Edge firewall
- Network Address Translation (NAT) allows you to connect to a TCP/IP network using a Token Ring adapter on the host computer.
- Provides SW L2 bridging to physical environment
- Provides dynamic routing with ECMP (Active-active)
- API-driven automation available
- Supports integration with vRealize and OpenStack
- Supports log management that helps resolve problems faster with added visibility from vRealize Log Insight for NSX
- Provides automation of security policies with vRealize
- NSX Edge load balancing available
- Provides distributed stateful firewalling
- Supports integration with Active Directory
- Server activity monitoring can be done
- Service insertion (thirdparty integration) is available
- Supports integration with VMware AirWatch
- Provides Application Rule Manager tool which simplifies the process of microsegmenting an application by creating security groups and firewall rules for existing applications.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are creating exceptional experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cyber security. VMware is a member of the Dell Technologies family of businesses.