Summary: The best spam call blocker verifies the caller ID against the database of valid numbers present in it. If the number is detected as spam, the same is notified to the users. What are the other ways these apps provide protection against spam callers? Find out in the article below!
Nowadays, calls coming from spammers, telemarketers, or fake users have become quite common. These calls can be directed towards phishing and malware attacks, money extortion, stealing login credentials, and much more. Therefore, it is better to identify and block such calls and prevent them from occurring in the future.
A spam blocker app can be a great option to ignore these calls. With call blocker apps, you can easily identify top spammers, block them directly, add spammers caller ID into a blocklist, and hide its notifications.
The call blocker and blacklist app not only help with blocking but can also be used for storing all the information related to the blocked contacts in a separate database. But what are the best apps that you can consider for your phone? Keep on reading to find out.
How Do Call Blocker Apps Work?
A call blocking app works by providing users with the caller ID information. It does this by verifying the caller’s number against the database of verified callers in the app. If the caller ID is detected as spam based upon certain criteria, the number is then added to the blacklist. Next time, if the call comes from this number, it will be automatically blocked.
These apps also offer the feature of hiding the blocked calls notifications and preventing them from popping up on the screen. However, you can always change it through the call blocker app’s settings.
List of Apps for Call Blocking on Android and iOS
|App||Android||iOS||Pricing starts from||Rating||Free Trial|
|Truecaller||Truecaller APK||Truecaller iOS|
starting from INR 369.77/month for iOS and INR 10 per item for android
|Play Store: 4.3App Store: 4.5 |
Available for iOS
|Hiya||Hiya APK||Hiya iOS|
Starting from INR 349/month for iOS and INR 163.94 per item for android
Play Store: 4.2App Store: 4.0
Not available for both android and iOS
|Should I Answer||Should I Answer APK||Should I Answer iOS|
starting from INR 180 for android and INR149 for iOS only for database subscription
Play Store: 4.3App Store: NA
Available only for iOS
|Call ID – Call Blocker||NA||CALL ID iOS|
starting from INR 740.64 /month for iOS app
App Store: 4.2
|Calls Blacklist||Calls Blacklist|
can be bought through Google Play Pass subscription
Play Store: 4.3
|Call blocker||Call Blocker APK||Call Blocker iOS|
starting from INR 410.71/month for iOS and INR 160.00 per item for android app
Play Store: 4.0App Store: 4.3
Available for iOS
starting from INR 20 per item for android app
Play Store: 4.0
|robokiller||robokiller APK||robokiller iOS|
starting from INR 499/month for iOS and INR 90.00 per item
Play Store: 3.8App Store: 3.7
Available for both android and iOS
|call control||call control APK||call control iOS|
starting from INR 699/quarterly for iOS and INR 180.09 per item for android.
|Play Store: 4.0App Store: 4.4|
Available for iOS
There are several apps available that you can use on android and iOS devices to easily identify, block, and report unwanted callers. Additionally, these apps automatically put the spam callers into the blacklist to prevent incoming calls from these callers. Here are some of the top apps you can consider for these purposes:
Truecaller is a caller ID and spam blocking app helping users to easily identify and distinguish normal, spam or business calls via color coded caller identities. This spam blocker app helps in identifying both national and international numbers and blocking spam calls, . Further, Truecaller is a great option for community-based spam reporting to block common spam numbers and users can also use it for messaging.
- Detects and blocks spam messages
- Creates backup contacts details
- Free video calling supported
- Blocks unwanted message senders
- Supports flash messaging to display urgent messages
Truecaller Pros and Cons
- It displays the caller’s name even before the number is dialed
- You can easily organize your SMS into the personal or spam email box
- The speed of text messaging is relatively slow
Truecaller Pricing: Free to use | Premium plan starts from INR 369.77/month for iOS and INR 10 per item for android
Hiya is one of the best call blocker apps that enables users to identify and block spam calls and display the caller ID with the original name. With this free spam call blocker, users get alerts on spam calls, they can report spoofing calls, reverse phone calls lookup, etc. Hiya can also be used to display the name and call reason with your company’s call.
- Automatically blocks spam calls
- Sends spam alerts when a spam call is detected
- Sends contacts and address directly from the app to the phonebook
- Easily categorizes spam calls in 10+ categories
- Delivers protection against spam voice messages
Hiya Pros and Cons
- It provides protection against spoofing calls
- You get notified about the caller in real-time, identified from the global database
- You need to buy the subscription to identify the caller’s ID
- Too many ads pop up on the screen
Hiya Pricing: Free to use | Premium plans start from INR 349/month for iOS and INR 163.94 per item for android
Should I Answer
Should I Answer helps users to block calls from unknown numbers in a hassle-free manner. When a spam number is detected, it automatically alerts the users, and even blocks international calls. Further, it can also be used to create a centralized database where the information regarding common spammers can be stored.
Should I Answer Features
- Notifies about the incoming spam calls
- Checks the spam number against the app database
- Sets the protection levels like call ignoring or direct blocking
- Provides with complete details on contacts and call history
- Works even without the internet connection
Should I Answer Pros and Cons
- The app can be used to block even premium numbers
- With it, users can also create blacklists and allow lists
- Frequent notifications to update the database
Should I Answer Pricing: Free to use | Premium plans start from INR 180 for android and INR149 for iOS only for updating verified users database
Call ID – Call Blocker
Call ID- Call Blocker is one of the best call blocker apps for iPhone that identifies and blocks numbers by filtering them through a database. With it, you can block any type of number, compare it against the database, and create all the blacklist backup in your device.
Call ID – Call Blocker Features
- Immediately finds out the caller’s ID
- Automatically blocks spam calls
- Chooses to block numbers from different categories
- Creates the blacklist for the common spam numbers
- Filters incoming messages through keywords
Call ID Pros and Cons
- It notifies of the spam calls by filtering it through the global blacklist databases
- With the caller ID lookup, you can also provide the receiver with the business information like company’s name.
- Users have reported that they still get spam calls even after putting the number in the blacklist
Call ID – Call Blocker Pricing: Free to use | Premium plans start from INR 740.64 /month for iOS app
Calls Blacklist is a spam call blocker that can be used for blocking both calls and messages. With this app, users can quickly block incoming calls and messages coming from unwanted, hidden, anonymous, and also unknown numbers.
Calls Blacklist Features
- Blocks spam, telemarketing, and unidentified calls
- You can easily add unwanted calls to the blacklist
- Comes with built-in SMS to manage messages
- Blocks spam messages directly from the app
Calls Blacklist Pros and Cons
- It can also be used for blocking hidden numbers
- With it, you can save and import the blacklisted numbers into different devices
- Sometimes, calls do not pop up on the screen even after configuring the setting
- It does not support sending pictures through its in-built SMS app
Calls Blacklist Pricing: Free to use | The premium plan can be bought through Google Play Pass subscription
Call Blocker is a spam blocker app helping users with recognizing, blocking, and reporting spam and suspicious caller IDs. With it, users can check the suspected spam number through the database, identify the caller’s identity, and also report the international calls quickly.
Call Blocker Features
- Easily blocks and reports spam numbers
- Identifies commercial calls through checking their details on the app
- Blocks the calls having hidden numbers
- You can also block international calls
Call Blocker Pros and Cons
- It can be used to block numbers that do not have any caller ID
- Call blocker can automatically identify and block almost up to 2000 spam numbers in the country
- Sometimes it fails to block international spam calls
- Users have reported that they still get spoofing calls even after subscribing to the premium plan
Call Blocker Pricing: Free to use | Paid plan starts from INR 410.71/month for iOS and INR 160.00 per item for android app.
CallApp is a spam blocker app to identify and block calls from common spammers, telemarketers, and also from unknown numbers. Additionally, this app can be used for searching phone numbers, creating personalized video ringtones, and adding short descriptions to the contacts. Further, CallApp’s car mode lets you attend phone calls without any hands-free device.
- Identifies and block telemarketing and spam calls
- Automatically displays the caller ID
- Supports incoming and outgoing call recording
- Automatic contacts and call recording backup
- Make anonymous phone calls through the incognito mode
CallApp Pros and Cons
- You can also view those who have viewed your profile on the app
- It can identify the availability of a contact number on different communication platforms
- Its call recoding quality is not up to the mark
- Sometimes, spam numbers pop up on the screen even after adding them to the blacklist
CallApp Pricing: Free to use | Paid plans start from INR 20 per item for android app
RoboKiller helps in identifying and blocking any type of spam calls and automatically adding them to the blacklist. Any call from the blocklist is analyzed and identified as spam.
This app to block spam calls can also be used for screening callers through asking them to recognize themselves before the phone rings via the automatic answering service. RoboKiller is a great app for customizing block lists via multiple templates.
- Automatically adds block numbers to the blacklist
- Creates an “allow list” for all the contacts that can call you
- Blocks spam texts and messages from unknown numbers
- Disables spam callers for a short span
- Prevents phone ringing for blocked and unwanted calls
RoboKiller Pros and Cons
- It uses a predictive spam call blocking algorithm to identify spam calls
- You can easily schedule call blocking for a number as per your convenience
- Users have reported that the application sometimes blocks known numbers as well
RoboKiller Pricing: Free to use | Paid plans start from INR 499/month for iOS and INR 90 per item for android
Call Control is one of the best call blocker apps to identify and block unwanted calls and text messages. With this app, you can block common spoofing numbers, personalize the calls blocking settings, and create contacts backup directly from the app.
Call Control Features
- Blocks calls and messages
- Supports the creation of personalized blacklists and whitelists
- Reports unwanted numbers directly from the app
- Supports do not disturb mode to silent text and call notifications
- Tracks and manages all the block numbers
Call Control Pros and Cons
- It comes with a free reverse lookup to easily identify the person calling via an unknown number.
- You can easily create backups for all your contacts along with the calling history
- Users have reported that this app sometimes hides notification for the whitelist contacts.
Call Control Pricing: Free to use | Paid plans start from INR 699/quarterly for iOS and INR 180.09 per item for android.
Suggested Read: 15 Best Sales Call Management Apps for Android & iPhone
Blocking unwanted calls through the best spam call blocker can save users from any scam, fraudulent, or extortion calls. Further, blocking these numbers at the right time will also prevent spam callers from disturbing you in the future.
Related Categories: Contact Center Solutions | Call Recording Software | Call Center Software | Call Tracking Software
- What are the best call blocker apps
The best call blocker apps will help you in identifying, blocking, and reporting unwanted numbers easily. Some of the best options are Robokiller, CallApp, Call ID – Call Blocker, Hiya, etc.
- What is the best call blocker app for iPhone?
There are multiple call blocker apps that you can use on your iPhone to protect it against unwanted calls and messages. Some of the good apps for blocking calls on iPhone are Truecaller, Hiya, Should I Answer, Call Blocker, Call Control, etc.
- What are the best call blocker apps for android?
Users can choose from several apps available to protect their android phones against unwanted calls and messages by blocking and reporting them. Some of the best call blocker apps for android are Hiya, Should I Answer, Call Control, CallApp, Hiya, Calls Blacklist, etc.
- What is the best free call blocker app for android?
There are multiple call blocker apps that you can use to block and report numbers on your android phone for free. You can consider free call blocker apps like Truecaller, Call Control, Calls Blacklist, Hiya, and CallApp for your android device.
- What is the best free call blocker app for iPhone?
There are several free call blocker apps for iPhone that you can use to block and reports spam calls and messages. Some of the best apps that you can consider for this purpose are Truecaller, Nomorobo Robocall Blocking, Call Control, Call Blocker, etc.
- What is the best free call blocker app?
There are plenty of options for free call blocking apps to permanently block and remove spam callers from your device. Truecaller, Call Control, Calls Blacklist, and Hiya are some of the best apps to block and report spam numbers.
- Does call blocker work?
Yes, call blocker apps work perfectly to identify, block, and report any type of spam calls. These apps come with features like blocked calls manager, blacklist creation, or text blocker to keep the device protected against unwanted calls.
- Do spam call blocker apps work?
Yes, spam call blocker apps have made it easier for users to block and report spam calls. These apps identify the caller’s ID by comparing it against the verified user's database. Furthermore, users can also create blacklists to add unwanted and spam numbers.
- How does the call blocker app work?
The call blocker app works by blocking all the unwanted calls and messages automatically. In the settings, you can also configure the option whether to show or hide the blocked calls and messages notifications on the phone’s screen.
- How to use the call blocker app?
To use a call blocker app, you can install it from the app store and play store. Once installed, sign in with your login credentials and configure the app settings as per your requirements. After that, the app would block spam calls and messages automatically.