Aarogya Setu App, a name that became popular overnight, Thanks to our Honourable Prime Minister who requested people to use this app during his last address to the nation.
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that this app brings new ways to combat the Coronavirus scare. Most importantly, this app helps people identify any risk of catching the novel Coronavirus and finds out if someone in your locality has the risk of infection. Isn’t it a superpower in your hand to bridge the gap to a good health!
It uses different algorithms, artificial intelligence and advanced Bluetooth technologies to test the possibilities of COVID-19 in any person. What you have to do? Simply download Aarogya Setu app and help the government in preventing the spread of COVID-19 infection.
10 Important Facts About Aarogya Setu App
With Aarogya Setu App, the government of India wants to convey the message that ‘be prepared, don’t panic’. India, which is under lockdown till May 3, 2020, can make the best use of this mobile app to stay safe and prevent the disease.
- It’s a mobile app developed by the National Informatics Centre
- Aarogya Setu app is available for both, Android & iPhone platforms
- It’s available in 11 languages, including English
- The app was launched on 2nd April 2020
- More than 5 Crore downloads for this app till now on Google Play Store
- The app includes a 20-second assessment test
- Similar applications were used in China and have proved quite useful in preventing the spread.
- You will get information about COVID-19 help centres across all India states
- The app puts users in ‘low risk’ or ‘high risk’ category
- It also has an alert feature to help you stay safe.
5 Simple Steps to Use Aarogya Setu App
Step 1: Download the App on your phone
Step 2: Allow it to access your device location & switch on your phone’s Bluetooth for 120 seconds
Step 3: Enter the OTP that you receive on your phone to get started
Step 4: Begin the self-assessment by answering a few simple questions like name, age, gender, countries travelled in the last 14 days, professional details, etc.
Step 5: Answer all the questions fairly, as we are all together in this fight against Coronavirus.
The COVID-19 detection questionnaire will ask further about:
- Symptoms like fever, cough, difficulty in breathing
- Other ailments, such as, hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease to check your vulnerability to the virus
- Also, you will be asked if as a healthcare worker, you came across any person who was infected with COVID-19 while you were not wearing any protective gear.
Benefits of Using Aarogya Setu App
“COVID-19 App Crosses 5 Crore Users Mark in Just 13 Days – NITI Aayog”
“Telephone took 75 years to reach 50 million users, radio 38 yrs, television 13 yrs, Internet 4 yrs, Facebook 19 months, Pokemon Go 19 days. Aarogya Setu, India’s app to fight COVID-19 has reached 50 mn users in just 13 days-fastest ever globally for an app…” – Tweeted NITI Aayog’s Amitabh Kant.
- Aarogya Setu app is your toolkit for self testing and isolating yourself if you fall in the ‘high risk’ category. In case you develop certain symptoms, the government is there to help you.
- Sends alerts if you come in contact with someone who has been tested COVID-19 positive.
- Your data will not be made public and will stay safe with the government.
- It’s your chance to volunteer in this fight against the Pandemic situation while staying at home.
- It will help reduce the risk and contain the virus spread with effective risk detection using advanced algorithms and parameters.
- Your foreign travel history will be compared with someone who was tested positive with a similar travel history to start early treatment.
- It’s available in most of the major Indian languages to have better penetration in hot spots and far-flung areas alike.
Companies like TCS and Tech Mahindra are working aggressively towards making the next version of Aarogya setup app live soon. We hope to get many more features to defeat the scare of Coronavirus.