This is the era where marketing can't just be categorised in ATL and BTL. With the digital domain evolving by the day, we now have various types of marketing tools to cater to the online audience as well. If we take you 20 years back, would you have ever imagined that something like social media marketing would ever exist?
Social media started as just a medium to interact and get in touch with distant friends and family. As time went by, more and more people joined social media platforms to share their life achievements and important occasions.With over 3.5 billion of active social media users, this surely serves as a huge consumer base to companies. And that's when social media marketing came into being. Big companies and brands started investing in social media to reach out its consumers. They are using tools like Hootsuite and other Hootsuite alternatives.
But Why Is Social Media Marketing So Important
- It provides a platform for your brand to reach out to the masses. You can get started by creating a social media page for your business. By regularly posting good content, you can create a brand visibility and build thought leadership in your niche.
- Social media marketing is cost-effective as compared to other forms of marketing. Plus, you can see its result in the form of numbers which is way better than the type of marketing where you invest your money but are not able to view its impact on the audience.
- Engaging with your customers through social media provides an opportunity to interact with your customers on a one-on-one basis. Since more conversations mean more conversions, you should engage and communicate with your customers on a regular basis.
- Often times, you tend to lose customers because either they are not able to contact you or their expectations are not met. By engaging with the customers on a regular basis, you are giving them the satisfaction that they need. You can talk to them via messages and comments, and also take their opinions on various topics.
- Social media marketing also helps increase website traffic. Good quality content which is relevant to your audience will make your audience click through your website and hence help you get more traffic to your website.
To manage your social media platforms, there are several applications available that can help you do so. One such application in Hootsuite. It is a social media management tool that supports platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube marketing activities.
Why do People Use Social Media Management Tool
The main reason why people prefer to use social media marketing tools is because it helps create and publish content. Such tools also collaborate with different team members to manage tasks related to social media and engage with your customers to create a healthy brand image across various social media platforms.
Hootsuite might be the most effective social media management tools available in the market, but it might not be the most efficient tool for your business.
Let's have a look at a few Hootsuite Alternatives that you can use for your business:
With Buffer, which is one of the Hootsuite alternatives, you can build your social media audience by planning and collaborating content that will grow your brand. You can plan posts for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Pinterest with just one dashboard.
- You can plan your content by drafting posts beforehand. Post scheduling can also be done for each platform and each profile. Different scheduling times can help you experiment which time works the best for you.
- With this Hootsuite alternative, execute various Instagram marketing campaigns to get a better reach, preview your posts before posting and schedule them accordingly.
- You can repost articles that you loved reading directly to your social media platforms with Buffer browser extension. You can install the buffer browser extension on Chrome, Firefox or Safari
- Get detailed insights about your social media statistics to grow your engagement. Use the Buffer analytics to find your top performing posts in seconds.
- Analyse the performance of your posted content with Buffer. With its expert business analytics, you can see the reach of your posts. Also, you will get advanced statistics to compare important engagement factors, such as posts per day, share, clicks, mentions, new followers, etc.
- Share great visuals with this Hootsuite alternative as it supports video and animated GIF easily. Just using texts can never express the exact emotions like videos and GIFs do. Keep your audience engaged with different types of content.
It’s the next Hootsuite alternative in line. eClincher is a tool to manage your social media platforms for publishing posts, engaging with audience and analysing statistics for businesses and agencies.
- With the visual calendar of this Hootsuite alternative, it is easier to plan and draft posts for future. This feature eases out the post approval workflow as well.
- The social inbox feature will let you manage live conversations from all your social media accounts from a single platform. You can tag and assign them to your team members to take required actions.
- Auto posts queues save a lot of time. With this feature, you can recycle your best content and publish it.
- You can use keywords to discover new content. You can find and save new content feeds easily and share them with your online audience.
- By using the dashboard, you can create customised reports to analyse your social media performance. Get a special Instagram competitors report with eClincher to up your Instagram game.
- Discover influencers across Twitter by using relevant keywords. You can reach out to these influencers and they can promote as well as create awareness for your brand with this Hootsuite alternative
- Get a dedicated media library to upload and edit your images on the cloud. In this secured cloud, you can also use tags and long descriptions to find your images.
Crowdfire is quite popular among Hootsuite alternatives, which can help manage your social accounts from just one application.
- You can discover new topics based on the type of content you desire using Crwodfire and other Hootsuite alternatives. You can select articles and images as per your requirements and share them directly to your social media platforms. There is also an option to connect your Shopify account, WordPress blog, and your YouTube channel to post product updates and new blog post directly from Crowdfire.
- Create and publish your blog posts and website related content directly to your social media platforms for your audience to consume.
- You will be able to pre-schedule your posts in advance with social media scheduler and publish them at the time where your customers are most active on social media. This will save a lot of time and also prevent any last minute changes.
- You will receive a set of customized best times to post your content online. These time frames will be set according to your audiences' peak hours of online activity with Hootsuite alternatives like Crowdfire.
- With the feature called the queue meter, you can keep a check on the number of posts scheduled for the week at a glanceand check if your timeline is looking active or not.
- Add various kinds of RSS feeds to curate articles on different types of topics. All you have to do is type in the name of the type of articles you want to see and select the feed you like with Hootsuite alternative.
- With the feature of image curation, Crowdfire provides image recommendations to share on your social media platforms. These images are approved by the creators to be shared with proper credits given to them.
- With the help of post-performance metrics, you can track and check which of your posts are performing better than the rest. And with the help of these statistics, you can plan your content ahead.
- You can track every mention and comment in your social media accounts with Crowdfire. With this Hootsuite alternative, there is an option of getting replies in your team inbox as well.
With Zoho Social, manage social media channel, monitor various keywords and work with the entire team through a single dashboard.
- Get a multi-functional content calendar which can make your life easier by visualising your content scheduled for the whole month.
- The dashboard has multiple columns that will help you stay updated about everything that is relevant. You can respond in real-time and interact with your audience as much as you like with Hootsuite alternative.
- With social media analytics, you will be able to understand the details about your audience and how are they interacting with your brand on various social media platforms. You can get in-built as well as newreports from scratch and interpret the stats according to your needs.
- With Zoho Social, you will get both android and iOS app which will help you to stay updated even if you are on the go. You can post updates, engage with your followers and draft your content with the help of these easy to use online applications with Hootsuite alternative
- Get all your messages from different social media platforms in one place with the help of Zoho Social. You can filter these messages based on your requirements and mark every important conversation.
- You will also receive an option to integrate Zoho Social with other Zoho applications as well, for example, Facebook Lead Ads and Zoho CRM integration. You can analyze your ad campaign performance and input all lead related information directly into Zoho CRM.
SocialPilot is a social media management tool specifically for small businesses. It offers similar functionalities as Hootsuite, but at a lower price.
- The team collaboration functionality of SocialPilot helps in dividing and assigning tasks to the team members efficiently.
- SocialPilot, another name among popular Hootsuite alternatives is suitable for small brands and business and is efficient in increasing their online presence over the internet.
- It is a cloud based software which can be accessed through the internet as well as by their native android mobile app.
- Online training and detailed documents to use the software is also available, which makes it easier to use the application with this social media management tool and other Hootsuite alternatives.
- SocialPilot also provides features like conversion tracking and analytics which would provide you insights to help you grow your business.
How to Select the Best Social Media Management Tool
Since there are so many applications available for social media management, it is very important to choose the right one. Here are a few pointers you should keep in mind:
- Shortlist a few social media management tools by checking if their features meet your business requirements.
- The tool that you are selecting should be compatible with the social media platforms you are using.
- Set a budget and compare the prices of the tools that you have shortlisted.
- Look for applications that have in-built tutorials for using the software effectively.
These were the best Hootsuite alternatives that we could find. If you use any other social media management solutions, let us know in the comments section down below.
And since most of the people are confused which tool to select between Hootsuite and Buffer, you can read a detailed comparison of the two giants in the social media marketing industry here.