Gone are those days when order tracking and inventory management were done on an Excel sheet. Now you need something more robust and reliable to keep track of your inventory, sales, purchase, and deliveries. And that’s where free inventory management system comes under the picture.
Ineffective warehouse management can lead to the loss of sale. Imagine, if you don’t know what you have in store and where it has been kept, you are certainly going to have a tough time selling it. An inventory management system can help you with this problem by optimizing the stock-in-hand and updating you regarding what you need to order & when.
Best Open-Source Free Inventory Management Software for PC
- Zoho Inventory
- ABC Inventory
- Goods Order Inventory Pro
- Invoice Expert
Zoho Inventory’s free version is perfect for small and growing businesses. It is a complete inventory control system that helps with creating sale strategies, managing reorder point, generating insightful reports, etc.
- Inventory status is automatically updated across all sales channels.
- You can track transfer orders using a specific batch or serial number.
- The dashboard gives you a quick view of sales order status- pending, invoiced, delivered.
- You can export reports to XLS, CSV, or PDF files in a single click.
Apart from the free plan, there are 3 paid plans for Zoho free inventory software- basic, standard, and professional. With the paid plans, you will receive features like:
- Serial number tracking
- Composite items management
- Batch tracking
Along with all other features that are available in the free inventory management software.
Price to Upgrade: The basic plan starts at Rs. 9,999, the standard plan at Rs. 19,999 and the professional plan at Rs. 69,999.
- Multiple best payment gateways such as PayPal, 2Checkout, Authorize.Net, Braintree, Worldpay, Forte. This free inventory management software helps in making the payment process faster.
- Inventory management is automated with the help of functionalities like expense management and purchase order.
- The lack of BOM (Bill of Material) functionality is a huge disadvantage of this free inventory software. Companies are forced to use a more time-consuming functionality instead of this feature.
- There are issues in syncing of real-time data when you are managing e-commerce orders.
Mobile App: This free inventory management software has a mobile app available as well.
ABC Inventory is an absolutely free inventory management system in which you can add any number of products. The free inventory management software supports a single user and can be installed on many workstations.
- Supports multiple currencies and currencies are auto-updated.
- You can easily export data to MS Excel, MS Word, HTML, and text format.
- You can manage multiple warehouses from a single system.
- It supports various inventory valuation methods such as LIFO, FIFO, and average.
- You will know the exact number regarding inventory in-stock, on-hold, committed and on-order.
- It is a little complex for small businesses
Price to Upgrade: ABC Inventory doesn’t have any paid plans as of now. If you are a part of a large company with complex requirements, you should contact the vendor for a commercial version of the product or look for other options.
Mobile App: It is available on both android and iOS.
Inflow is another ideal free inventory management software to keep your business running. It saves your time given to paperwork, helps in accurately meeting your customer’s requirement, and generating insightful reports.
- It is a barcode compatible inventory management system.
- Movement of stock across locations and sub-locations can be easily tracked.
- You can generate more than 32 detailed business reports.
- You can manage complete data related to customers including contact info, order & payment history, outstanding balance, credits, etc.
- It has a cloud-based as well as on-premise free inventory management system.
- All their plans include unlimited customers, warehouses, orders, and products.
- There is easy navigation because of intuitive interface.
- It is slightly expensive.
- There are a lot of differences between the functionalities of on-premise and cloud-based solutions.
Price to Upgrade: The cloud-based plan of Inflow starts from Rs. 4999 per month, and you have to pay annually for the same. Its on-premise solution comes with 2 versions; free and paid. Its paid version starts from Rs. 28,499 and it’s just a one-time license fee.
Mobile App: This free inventory management software has a mobile app available as well.
Odoo has been designed as an ERP software, but its add-on applications structure allows you to make it as large or small as possible. From inventory point of view, it will help you maximize warehouse efficiency by automating warehouse processes, reducing stock-out and stock-levels.
- Track every stock from the point of purchase to warehouse and sales.
- You can generate and share with anyone real-time dynamic business reports.
- It facilitates both retail and manufacturing inventory management.
- You can quickly search the documents using filters like product, customer, etc. with this free inventory management software.
- The Pick-Pack-Ship’ feature allows you to design your process of order flow. You can choose to directly deliver to the customer from supplier or add several steps in between such as picking, packing, and shipping.
- It has three options of deploying the software: cloud hosting, on-premise, and dedicated cloud deployment options to choose from.
- Odoo supports multi-warehouse operations, dropshipping, and cross-docking.
- It has inventory forecasts and centralized dashboard for effective inventory management.
- It gets expensive if you are planning to purchase multiple Odoo apps
- One single standalone Odoo app is not sufficient to use.
Price to Upgrade: Odoo’s cost per user is just Rs. 568 per month and Rs. 426 for new customers. Odoo’s inventory app is just for Rs. 852 per month. There is also an option to go for third-party integrations at an additional cost. There is a free 15-day trial available if you want to try the product beforehand.
Mobile App: Odoo is available for all android devices.
Delivrd is a web-based inventory management software that offers management of one location and 25 Stock Keeping Units (SKUs). It is best suited for businesses with a narrow focus like specific product sellers.
- You can perform a quick check every time an order is received whether particular product is in stock or not.
- You can manage inventory of packing material as well along with products.
- It makes shipping process faster and error-free by making extensive use of barcode labels.
- Delivrd automatically segregates inventory into ‘damaged’ and ‘regular’ as per your convenience.
- Fulfil your orders through regular inventory, and give damaged stock back to the suppliers.
- It is not that powerful and doesn’t have advanced features.
Price to Upgrade: It offers only 1 paid plan and 1 free one plan. The paid plan is called Advanced Inventory Management & Order Fulfillment and costs Rs. 3550/month. It offers almost similar features as compared to the free version. The only difference is that you can use it for unlimited number of stock products and instances.
Mobile App: There is a free mobile app available as well.
- You can easily import a CSV file of products from old POS or online store.
- Products can be categorized by name, type, brand, supplier, etc. for quick inventory search and count.
- You can eliminate double data entry by maintaining a centralized product catalogue.
- Vend inventory allows you to create product composites and variants.
- You can select different colours and sizes for your product, as required and edit them all together.
- Bundle your products and create new products or split one product into multiple products and sell them individually.
- Vend inventory specializes in retail businesses. It doesn’t provide advanced tools for the food industry to manage their day-to-day operations like automating ordering, floor plans and custom menu.
Price to Upgrade: Vendo inventory management software is available in three different plans – Lite, Pro 7 Enterprise. The Lite version of this inventory management software free starts at the basic price of Rs 7000/-
Mobile App: It has a free mobile scanner app as well.
Nexter is used by more than 50,000 people from all around the world. It is considered to be one of the best when it comes to inventory management, vendor management, customer management, invoicing, POS and quoting.
- It eases inventory management and makes sure that everything is happening according to the timeline.
- This inventory management software free gives live chat support for immediate resolution of enquiries
- It is an end-to-end solution for inventory.
- Its free version offers good basic features.
- This software works only with windows operating systems
- The interface of this software is not very attractive.
Price to Upgrade: It has a free version as well as a paid version. The paid version is available for Rs. 1330 per month. You can also avail the 14-day trial as well.
Mobile App: It has a mobile app as well.
Best Free Inventory Management System for Windows
Here’s a few free inventory management systems, which works well on different Windows versions.
Considered as a comprehensive inventory and invoicing software, Sleek Bill India is specially designed for the Indian market.
- With SleekBill, you can keep your inventory on track with its inventory management module.
- You can take care of GST-related work, deal with taxations, print invoices, backup as well as restore data.
- SleekBill India offers a lot of features to manage your inventory in an effective and efficient manner.
- SleekBill is GST-ready and is also compliant with every rule and regulation.
- It is particularly designed for users from India.
- You can access this software both online and offline.
- It is only suitable for small and medium businesses.
- It is compatible with only Windows operating systems.
Price to Upgrade: It has free as well as paid versions available in the market. Its paid plans start from Rs 1999 per year. You have the option of availing a 15-day free trial as well.
Goods Order Inventory Pro
Goods Order Pro has two versions available with it: the standalone version and a pro version. You have to register online to sync your data with the help of a web server. Both versions are available for free to free devices.
- The pro version of this software uses the phone camera as a barcode reader.
- It has the ability to generate business reports, export, import and sync data at any time.
- You can access real-time data.
- This software available on the Android Google Play and Apple’s iTunes, then it is easier for small businesses to make use of great inventory software.
- It can work in offline mode as well.
- Ensures hassle-free integration with third-party software and applications.
- provides dedicated Apple and Android app
- More expensive than its competitors
- No free version available
Price to Upgrade: You can contact their sales representatives to get a quote according to your requirements. You will get a 14-day free trial and also schedule a demo to see if you like this software or not.
Mobile App: This software available on the Google Play and iTunes as well. This feature makes it is easier for small and medium businesses to use this inventory software.
Invoice Expert is an inventory management software that is loaded with features like inventory control, invoicing, system options, Quoting, and vendor management,
- Invoicing and quoting, making recurring invoices, taking care of customer management, purchase orders and networking options with this inventory management software.
- Its customer management feature helps in earning multiple sales since your customers will be taken care of.
- It provides an all-in-one pack for billing, invoicing, inventory, and customer management.
- It simplifies your tasks to by giving you numerous features.
- The price of this product is relatively lesser than its competitors.
- The interface of this inventory management software is not attractive and looks confusing.
- There are minor tweaks that needs to be addressed.
Price to Upgrade: The free edition called the Lite edition of this software is available free of cost. There is a one-time investment of Rs. 4970 if you want to purchase the advanced version. There is a 30-day money back guarantee policy available as well.
FAQs for Inventory Management Software
1. What are the types of inventory management software?🗄🤨
There are two major types of inventory control systems – Perpetual & Periodic inventory systems. Within these two main inventory management systems, you have barcode systems and RFID (radio frequency identification) system.
2. What are the benefits of inventory management software?🙄
There are several benefits of using an inventory management system. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Increase in productivity and efficiency in operations.
- Minimizing inventory costs and maximizing profits and sales.
- Integrating different processes business.
- Automating manual tasks.
- Maintaining customer satisfaction
3. Can you keep track of inventory in QuickBooks?🤔
Yes, you can keep track of your inventory in QuickBooks manually by creating an account to track your inventory value and the goods sold. However, QuickBooks Online Plus version comes with an in-built inventory feature. So, you don’t need to track inventory manually with QuickBooks Online Plus.
Free versions of these inventory management software are best suited for the requirement of small businesses. However, as your business grows, paid versions are worth considering in that case.