Some people think that typing is not an important skill now. In the era of Google Now, Cortana and Siri, people are already moving from text-based search to voice search. However, there are many such streams where talking to machines is not enough. That's when the best typing software can help.
The skill of touch typing has increased over the time for quick and effective content creation. Fortunately, there are a few free typing software for beginners to learn typing quickly.
Best free typing software is what you can access to learn typing fast and work with your system fast and effectively.
List of 21 Best Free Typing Software Online
- Rapid Typing Tutor
- KeyBlaze Free Typing Tutor
- Speed Typing Online
- Typing Bolt
- Touch Typing Study
- Typing Master
- Animal Typing Lite
- Typing Fingers LT
- The Vehicles Typing
- Max Type Pro
- Typing Trainer
- Sonma Typing Expert for Windows
- InScript Keyboard Layout
- Google Input Tool
- Hindi Writer
- Anop Hindi Typing Tutor
Enlisted here are the top 21 best free typing software that would help in learning typing efficiently and quickly.
Rapid Typing Tutor
Rapid Typing tutor is also one such tool that would help with making the entire keyboard training process totally worth it.
Even kids can learn typing faster by playing a typing game with Rapid Typing Tutor. The typing software for kids and adults alike gives you easy lessons so that you can learn keyboard skills efficiently.
Pricing: Typing lessons are available for free.
- Rapid Typing Tutor has a virtual keyboard with zone highlights so that you can learn how to place your fingers on the keyboard. The software supports all famous keyboard layouts such as QWERTY, AZERTY, QWERTZ, etc.
- The software displays moving hands over the keyboard to simplify your typing lessons. These hands guide you about which finger to use if you want to press the current key. Even students can use this free typing software to become proficient at typing.
- What’s more, the typing tutor software uses minimal system resources so that you don’t face any hiccup while running this application.
- It may take you a while to adjust to different keyboard layouts besides the typical QWERTY.
KeyBlaze Free Typing Tutor
An interactive program to help users enhance their existing typing skills, KeyBlaze is a great free typing tutor. This typing software is apt for writers, secretaries, marketers, and those wanting to increase the number of words typed per minute.
Pricing: KeyBlaze is a free typing software and works best with Mac as well as Windows operating systems.
- With its 10-key number pad and touch-typing facilities, the software operates on Windows and is apt for people with varied skill levels.
- The software has dictation audio exercises for transcription practice, fun typing games, etc.
- Additionally, this tool tests your typing skills and provides practice exercises which include poems, drills, prose, etc.
- The software has an easy user interface apt for adults. However, kids looking to improve their touch-typing skills may find the software less attractive.
Speed Typing Online
This free online typing tutor has 17 classic lessons. These lessons allow you to learn all the letters on the keyboard before your skills get tested through reviews.
Pricing: Speed Typing Online is a free online typing tutor software.
- The software offers two lesson formats (classic lessons and advanced lessons) so that you can choose how you’d want to learn.
- Additionally, with Speed Typing Online software, you can customize the length of all lessons.
- You can also set your typing goals using this software. All you need to do is set and achieve your target speed and accuracy. What’s more, this online typing tutor will automatically suggest the lessons you have to work on next.
- This typing software is apt for beginners but not very helpful for advanced users. Not only this, you need to register to access or save available lessons.
Do you still look at your keyboard while typing? Opt for this AI-based online typing software and learn to type using only your index fingers.
Use this online typing tutor to learn touch typing with the help of Bolt AI. Are you wondering what Bolt is? It is an Artificial Intelligent engine which studies typing patterns. It uses multiple unique algorithms to track user levels.
This is one of the best typing software, which has a user-customizable UI so that you can quickly type without looking at your keyboard. This smart UI also reflects on which finger the user should use to type each letter.
Pricing: Typing Bolt is a free typing tutor software.
- Bolt AI measures your keystroke dynamics. Additionally, it understands your typing pattern. Based on this analysis, Bolt AI generates words that emphasize more on your weakest keys at a given time.
- Additionally, by analysing your typing skills, Bolt AI automatically controls difficulty levels.
- Simply view a graphical representation of your performance that helps you understand your current skill level and the areas you are required to work on for better results.
- The only hitch is that Bolted connection has slightly lesser strength in axial tension. This is because the net area at the root of the thread is less.
Use some cool tips and tricks offered by Typing.com to learn how to type. Typing.com is a free typing software, which helps improve progress of a work on a regular basis. Multiple level typing tests at one, two and five minutes respectively help in gauging the performance levels so that you can improve your typing speed accordingly. These tests help check the speed and accuracy of your typing.
Pricing: It's free typing software for students & teachers.
- Its engaging curriculum teaches the fundamentals and basics of technology to students
- Students learn faster with fun typing games and interactive lessons. This gamified learning is a must to ensure accurate and fast typing.
- Another significant advantage is that Typing.com offers lessons as well as instructions in English/Spanish language
- Only a limited number of lessons are available on Typing.com. This implies that advanced users may not find the lessons very helpful.
Web-based, free, and highly effective typing tool – that’s TypingClub for you. Both schools and individuals can use it for free. However, a paid school edition version is also available.
Teachers can use free typing lessons offered to monitor the progress of their students and customize lessons. Also, teachers can effectively manage several classes using TypingClub.
You can use free typing lessons offered to monitor the progress of students and customize lessons. Also, this tool used by teachers for customizing lessons, monitoring students and managing several classes all at once.
Pricing: You can learn touch typing for free with TypingClub software. You can also opt for the premium TypingClub school edition for advanced features.
- Mobile app tools for helping teachers design lessons.
- With guide for checking hand postures, you can see the correct hand posture on keys as you type.
- You are rewarded with stars and badges as you go up the ladder. It offers Multiple levels for building muscle memory and motivation
- Typing Club’s free version has ads. Also, it has the same lessons for all ages and grade levels.
Touch Typing Study
Touch Type Study is easy to use and free typing software for you to learn and practice typing and improve your typing speed and accuracy.
Touch Typing software for Mac advocates the concept of strengthening muscle memory instead of sight. This method is advantageous if you want to increase your data entry speed, particularly when you have to transcribe text from other visual material.
Pricing: Touch Typing Study software is free to download.
- With 15 free typing lessons available in different languages, the software is apt for improving your typing skills.
- All lessons are broken down into topics for you to see what's coming next. This way, you can also skip one section if you are confident about your skills.
- It has different keyboard layouts to choose from and games to keep you glued. It also has speed tests to evaluate your skills.
- The software does not have any audio or video instruction, and text instructions are not elaborate.
This one is different. It is mainly a typing tutor or trainer, so to say, for programmers. The lessons of this typing software for programmers are based on open source code that helps you practice typing sequences that are like the ones on the real code.
Pricing: This online tutor comes in two plans. While Scissor Switch Plan is free, Typing.io Mechanical Plan is available at approx. ₹700.
- You can easily track your typing progress, mistakes, and inefficiencies such as increasing WPM and decreasing unproductive keys using this software.
- The software has lessons in 16 languages. This means you can train yourself in your favourite language.
- Not only this, Typing.io prevents typing more than a few characters after an error.
- The software’s paid version is faster and detects typing errors with the higher accuracy as compared to the free version.
Speed up your learning progress with this efficient online typing tutor software and develop valuable keyboarding skills.
You can enhance your typing speed and accuracy by taking online typing lessons and tests. With this typing software, you can make a group to encourage healthy competition with your friends, classmates, and co-workers.
Pricing: Ratatype typing software provide free certificates for outstanding typing speed.
- There are over a dozen free typing lessons available at Ratatype.Not only this, before starting these lessons, you’re given several typing tips.
- It has a clean and modern design and provides you your personal typing certificate.
- It requires a free user account and it can't skip to advanced lessons.
Compatible with your OS, Typing Master is available for free download and is widely preferred by beginners. You can double your typing speed and improve keyboarding skills in a fun way by using Typing Master typing software for Windows.
Pricing: Typing Master Standard plan can be availed at Rs 995 for the lifetime. The Premium license costs Rs 1395 for the lifetime.
- You can test your wpm accuracy and speed. Try its user-friendly, quick, and customizable web-based wpm testing tool to fulfil all your business recruitment needs. It is apt for training purposes too.
- Play free typing games to become a master at keyboard handling.
- Use Typing Test Pro to find an easy way to assess the text entry skills of your prospective employees. You can also view summary reports of the tests
- The software's interface is dull and outdated.
Best Free Typing Software for Mac
You can find typing software not just for your PC but also for Mac. With the best free typing software for Mac, you can learn touch typing directly through your smartphone even on the go.
You can perfect your typing with this typing app. Zen Typist typing software for Mac displays a section of text which you need to type accurately.
Along with improving your word count per minute, this app ensures you type well.
Pricing: Zen Typist typing tutor is free to download.
- Zen Typist for Mac has a simple, colorful keyboard display
- It helps focus on accuracy and provides clear error alerts
- Typing extracts form complete paragraphs
- One main drawback is that you have no option to change the size of the text
- Its visual keyboard can't be turned off, and it has no way to track speed.
- The software has limited additional typing tools
Animal Typing Lite
Animal Typing Lite is an interesting typing software to learn touch typing with your family members across all age groups. The speed of animals on the screen increases, with your typing speed. However, you need to be extra careful about typos.
If you achieve higher accuracy, you will surely be rewarded. Also, your animal changes as per your speed, such as snail for slower speed and horse for the higher typing speed. Avoid the typos, and you may get cheetah!
Pricing: This online typing app is free to download on the App Store with in-app purchases.
- Showcases proper writing techniques with animated fingers
- Provides different keyboard layouts, such as, Workman, Qwertz (German/Swiss), Dvorak, Qwerty (US/UK), etc.
- Kids can learn on Qwerty and Dvorak keyboard layouts
- Allows switching between multiple users with a Local user login system
- macOS integration for full-screen mode and retina display.
- Its free version provides limited typing lessons.
Typing Fingers LT
Typing Fingers LT makes typing fun with a completely new approach to touch typing. It’s apt for anybody, be it kids or adults. It has a beautiful design and there is music in the background to make typing more fun. So, excited to increase your typing skills? You will get Typing Fingers Diploma after the successful completion of every level.
Pricing: Typing Fingers LT free typing software can be downloaded on Mac, Windows 10, Android and iOS devices.
- Supports US/EN QWERTY keyboard layout
- Contains typing games
- Symmetric super learning
- Interactive typing lessons
- Learn and play mode.
- Most of the typing levels are available with the in-app purchase.
The Vehicles Typing
The Vehicles Typing is a great online typing tool for kids who would enjoy watching vehicles down the road. They just have to type letters given in the balloons to keep the car running. The balloons also hold corresponding hints for the keys to be pressed.
Pricing: This typing software for kids and beginners is free to download with in-app purchases.
- You can type from just a word to sentences with more than thirty online tutor stages
- Supports ten popular vehicles, including cars, trains, airplanes and ships
- You can switch between three users
- Some vehicles can also be transformed into monsters
- It’s suitable only for kids and beginners.
Max Type Pro
Max Type Pro provides an effective way to enhance your typing skills in a minimal time. With personalized typing exercises, you can learn typing online quickly and accurately. It has a multi-user interface, which provides password-protected access with customized settings.
Pricing: You can download max Type Pro for Mac & Windows for free.
- Max Type Pro helps learn typing with six different modes
- Provides statistics for each hand to avoid mis type
- Includes excerpts, which allows you to type after lyrics and source code
- Also, you can take any typing test with a virtual component
- Implementation is a bit complex.
Typing Trainer is what you need to learn typing efficiently with the touch-type method. It allows you to double your speed with core keyboarding skills in just a few hours. This best free typing software also covers modules for numbers, symbols, speed building, etc.
Pricing: It's a free typing trainer software for PC.
- On-screen keyboard so available makes the process of learning all finger movements an intuitive and simple process.
- The process called Motoric warm-up helps keep fingers oriented towards new types of movements.
- Text drills and varied words
- An effective testing module would help
Best Free Hindi Typing Software
Today, the trend of typing in Hindi is prevalent. Businesses these days are constantly looking for those who can type in Hindi language quick and fast. Audiences connect better when products, websites and other such information is available in their own language. In case, you are planning to learn Hindi typing so that you too can apply for such jobs then opt for any of the best free Hindi typing software for Windows 10 from the list mentioned here.
Sonma Typing Expert for Windows
Sonma Typing Expert is the ideal solution for everyone who is planning on improving their Hindi or English typing speed. However, different alphabets will be in use, making it difficult for beginners. Hindi typing software for Windows 10 and other versions let you type quickly for all professional purposes.
Pricing: Sonma Typing Expert Hindi Typing Software free download is available on the official website.
- Typing speed may be a bit slow in the beginning as there is difference between Hindi digital keyboard and QWERTY keyboard.
- Easy to switch between two different languages.
- Inbuilt analytics for gauging the performance.
- Printable statistics and performance reports that can be presented for job applications.
- Test feature for checking typing speed.
- Bilingual people might feel difficulty in adjusting to different keyboard layouts.
InScript Keyboard Layout
InScript Keyboard Layout is a standard layout for keyboards to type Indian scripts. This Hindi typing software online utilizes the standard 104- or 105- layout. InScript Keyboard Layout comes with all common operating systems, which is Windows 2000 and later. This Hindi typing software also supports other operating systems, such as Mac OS and Linux.
Pricing: Price of InScript Keyboard Hindi for typing is available on the official website.
- Approved and recommended by Indian Govt.
- Hindi InScript keyboard is used in examinations like - SSC, UP Govt exam, CPCT, and more
- The Hindi-Traditional and Marathi keyboard of this Hindi typing tutor includes English punctuation as well.
The InScript keyboard is for expert users only.
Google Input Tool
Google Input Tool for Hindi typing is available for Google Services, Chrome, Android, and Windows users. You can type in Hindi or any language you choose and start typing in the Input Box.
Pricing: You can download Google Input Tool on your Android device or install its Chrome extension on the web.
- An intuitive and streamlined interface
- Ensures faster typing in different languages with the help text.
- It has glitches like punctuation issues and joint words.
HindiWriter makes Hindi typing easier, as you don’t have to remember any new keyboard layout. It provides an in-built Indic language support from Windows. So, no additional font installation is required. HindiWriter also provides additional features, such as Spell Check and Auto Word Lookup.
Pricing: HindiWriter with built-in Indic language is a free Hindi typing software.
- It supports Unicode, including FireFox, MS Office and Internet Explorer.
- This typing tool also supports OpenOffice.org suite, Outlook, Notepad and more
- This Hindi typing software uses iTrans scheme for transliteration.
- Installation is a bit complicated and a few characters are hard to type.
Anop Hindi Typing Tutor
With this free desktop application, you can learn typing in Hindi. The software helps build your speed of Hindi Typing. To keep you glued to the screen, Anop Hindi Typing Tutor has a nice and colorful interface that looks like a child’s game. What’s best? This Hindi typing software doesn’t require internet access.
Pricing: Anop Hindi Typing Tutor is a freeware Hindi typing software for quick learners.
- Doesn’t require internet access to operate
- Ideal solution to learn Hindi typing for exams, such as SSC
- Free Hindi typing tutor tool for Kurti dev and Devlys font
- The interface can be more interactive to promote quick typing lessons online.
Summary: Best Typing Software for PC & Smartphone - Free Download
Typing is still one of the fundamental skills, which can help you improve on focus and time management. This is an essential skill for enthusiastic skills, who need to manage computer in full capacity. With these best free typing software solutions, you can learn typing in hours or days and with utmost efficiency. Plus, the software can help acquire skills quickly and without demanding much in terms of money.