In the world of print, an image is considered high quality if it appears clear in its original size. No matter how good the design, if the image quality is poor then every other effort goes in vein.
In recent years, the trend of vector graphics has gained immense popularity. Vector graphics are different from JPEGs, GIFs, and BMP images. While vector graphics are made up of paths such as lines, squares, triangles, etc, raster images are made of grid of pixels.
A major advantage of vector images is that those do not pixelate. These are mathematical in nature and revolve around shapes and lines.
Imagine you want to increase or reduce the size of an image, say for instance, you draw a red circle in vector format and you want it 10 times larger than the original size. For a vector image, the red circle you drew was simply a mathematical formula. Now that you want to increase its size, it’ll remain a mathematical formula. This means that irrespective of how much you change the image size, it’ll never pixelate.
This is not the case with raster images. These non-vector images are based on a grid of pixels and are bound to pixelate. Now, say for instance, you resize a raster image, its pixels get stretched. As a result, it loses its original quality and becomes unclear. Thus, vector graphic images become convenient in case these need to be resized.
Vector Graphics Software for Design and Graphics
Vector files are small, more flexible images that can be easily scaled up and down without any compromise on quality. These are computer images with smooth lines and curves.
What is Vector Graphics Software?
A vector graphics editor software is essentially a computer program used to create and edit vector graphics images. Once created, these images can be saved in popular vector graphics formats, such as PDF, EPS, VML, SVG, and WMF.
List of 5 Best Vector Graphics Software 2019
- Corel DRAW Graphics Suite 2019
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Affinity Designer
- Gravit Designer
Vector graphics software create high quality illustrations that can be used for websites, games, and other multimedia. Let’s look at the top vector graphics software list.
Corel DRAW Graphics Suite 2019
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019 gives you the freedom to design from anywhere. This professional graphics and illustration software provides an affordable design experience for all.
- CoralDraw Graphics Suite 2019 is essentially a layout and font management software. This is the best vector graphics software for Mac and Windows, as it lets you work freely on your device.
- Use the supreme quality templates available in CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019 to create visual treats in the form of posters, brochures, social media images, etc.
- You can use Corel’s powerful technologies to create stunning artwork, web graphics and precision print projects quickly.
- Use CorelDRAW’s LiveSketch drawing tool to instantly capture your creativity. This saves you from the painstaking process of sketching on paper.
- This Vector Graphics Software gives you more control over your design and let’s you work from anywhere, anytime.
- Exhibit your unique style and deliver your creative best with CoralDraw Graphics Suite 2019.
- While designing signage, logos, web graphics, or print projects, you’ll enjoy unmatched customization and capabilities that complement your unique style.
An open source vector graphics editor, Inkscape was specially introduced to ease out design work for illustrators and web designers.
- The software uses Scalable Vector Graphics(SVG), an open XML-based W3C standard as the native format.
- With flexible drawing tools and powerful text options, this professional vector graphics editor is apt for Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- You can make diagrams, logos, cartoons and illustrations with this software. This software includes Drawing tools such as pencil tools, pen tools and calligraphy tools.
- While the pencil tool allows for freehand drawing with simple paths, the pen tool makes curves and straight lines. Calligraphy tools, on the other hand, facilitate freehand drawing by using filled paths that represent calligraphic strokes.
- You can choose from rectangle, ellipses, stars/polygons and spiral shapes to choose while designing.
- Multi-line text, full on-canvas editing are the powerful text tools available with Inkscape that make designing fun and exciting.
- Inkscape includes other features such as embedded bitmaps and clones.
- For object manipulation, Inkscape includes transformations for moving, scaling, rotating, skewing designs.
- It also includes Z-order operations, grouping objects, and layering along with various alignment and distribution commands.
- The Inkscape Software includes color selector and color picker tool. It also includes copy/paste style options, a gradient editor, and pattern fills. Dashed strokes (with already defined dash patterns) and path markers are also included in the Inkscape software.
Adobe Illustrator CC
Adobe Illustrator CC vector graphics software is suitable for professional graphic designers and artists. Designers, all over the world use Adobe Illustrator CC to create web icons, book illustrations, product packaging and billboards.
- All thanks to Adobe’s built-in design templates that allow designers to create stunning designs quickly.
- Use its drawing tools to convert simple shapes and colours into sophisticated logos, icons and graphics.
- Additionally, Its wide variety of tools let you create graphic designs such as drawings, icons, logos, and illustrations for print, website, video games and mobile.
- The Snap to Pixel feature of Adobe Illustrator CC can be customized to align an artwork with precise pixel boundaries.
- Illustrator artwork, a vector-based software scales down and up easily. The illustrator scales down for mobile screens and scales up to billboard sizes. These design creations are usually a visual treat.
- Create freehand drawings or change the colour of imported photos to make them attractive. Use illustrations in website, presentations, social media, etc.
- You can easily share your designs because this software integrates with Adobe Creative Cloud. Work effortlessly with other Creative Cloud apps such as Photoshop, InDesign, XD and Premiere Pro.
Serif's Affinity Designer has transformed graphics in a big way. It is a powerful vector graphics software that brings vector design and raster finishing in one tool.
- It has no bloats and works with speed and precision to make for a pleasant design creation experience. What’s best, you can implement all its tools the way you need in order to deliver excellent results in macOS as well as Windows.
- This fast and powerful software is incredibly responsive. It has numerous features such as Pan and zoom facility at 60fps, live gradients, effects and adjustments.
- Affinity Designer has real-time blend mode previews. Additionally, it has curve edits previewed live to create useful and visually appealing designs.
- Optimised to handle simple to complex documents, Affinity Designer allows users to add all details and relevant information confidently without compromising on performance.
- Handle several objects without delay and organise with layer groups, colour tagging, etc.
- Additionally, the Affinity Designer app has unlimited artboards, customisable keyboard shortcuts, advanced grids and snapping and alignment.
- Affinity Designer has the option to save history with alternate futures and links, symbols and constraints.
To begin with, use this powerful, fully featured vector graphics design software for both personal and professional purposes.
- Gravit has evolved into the more powerful Gravit Designer and Gravit Cloud. However, the new Gravit Designer allows you to access all your old designs in the same account.
- This software is absolutely free and convenient to use online. Besides, you can also easily download and install Gravit Designer in your computer.
- The software runs on ChromeOS, Linux, macOS, computers and other popular browsers. It has a professional and powerful layout with grids and anchors.
- Also, the best Windows vector graphics software, Gravit is perfect for all design jobs. As a result, you can create screen designs, illustrations, prototyping and good quality icons with this powerful design software. You can also make animations and presentations with this software.
- To structure content easily, Gravit has powerful pages with masters, real layers and symbols.
- A highly customizable and easy to use vector graphics software, Gravit has a clean user interface.
To sum up, use a powerful vector graphics software to create visually appealing vector graphics. Just so the product can be included in the list of the best vector graphic software, it needs to provide vector editing options and imaging tools. Not only this, the software must allow users to export files into one or more file types.