Education, tech, healthcare, news, sports, entertainment, and almost all other industries are using the power of video streaming to reach their audience and expand their business.
But making videos is an expensive, time consuming, and creative task, and every business does not have the resources to invest in it. Although, you can always repurpose the created videos by downloading them from the internet.
However, maximum video streaming platforms don’t have the feature to download videos like YouTube, Dailymotion, Instagram, Twitter, etc. But, there are always some hidden tricks. You can download Chrome video downloaders that are compatible with your preferred video streaming platform.
So, here we have brought to you a list of top chrome video downloaders that can allow you to download and watch videos from any platform in an offline mode. Video downloaders for chrome even allow the creators to download free stock footage, mp3 files of videos, videos in different resolutions, etc.
Best Video Downloaders for Chrome
Let’s have a look at the best video downloaders for Chrome and understand their pros and cons. You can also check out what video platforms they support, their pricing, and ratings with links to download.
Suggested Read: Top Free Video Editing Software
savefrom.net allows users to download videos from multiple platforms with just the URL link. You have the option to choose from different video quality options like HD, Full HD, 4k, 2k, etc. Users can even download YouTube videos in mp3 and mp4 without any restrictions or limitations.
- Simple downloading process with just the video link
- Download without installing any third-party video installer
- Access API for convenient downloads
- App available for Android devices
- Before downloading you might get directed to other third-party websites
- No app for iOS devices
- You might need a frequent virus cleanup to keep your system safe
savefrom.net Pricing: It’s a free Chrome downloader
Rating: 4.8/ 5
Supported Platforms: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Reddit, SoundCloud, etc.
Link to Download Extension/Link to Browse Online: https://en.savefrom.net/13/user.php?vid=387
SaveTheVideo enables users to download high quality videos on their desktop and Android devices. You just need to paste the video URL and hit the start button. Additionally, this chrome video downloader comes with a free video editor and converter.
- No need to install any software
- Download subtitles and video closed captions
- Convert downloaded videos to mp4, 3gp, webm, mp3, etc.
- Batch downloads available
- Cut, crop, and merge with a free video editor
- Many third-party ads in the free version
- No app for iOS
Pricing: SaveTheVideo comes with a free trial and a paid plan that costs ₹792.60 for 3 months with unlimited batch downloads.
Rating: 4.6/ 5
Supported Platforms: Dailymotion, Instagram, Vimeo, Facebook
Link to Download Extension/Link to Browse Online: https://www.savethevideo.com/downloader
Suggested Read: How to Download Instagram Videos, Reels and Photos on Android or iOS
4k Video Downloader
4k Video Downloader enables users to download and view offline videos in HD, 4k, and 8k quality. Over 11 million users are using this platform for smarter downloads in their preferred settings. Users can even download multiple videos in one go, to save time.
4k Video Downloader Pros
- Downloads available for Windows, macOS, and Ubuntu
- You can download 3D, private, and 360-degree videos
- Allows downloading complete YouTube channels and playlists
- Helps download video subtitles in 50+ languages
4k Video Downloader Cons
- Limited downloads per day in the free plan
- Too many ads
4k Video Downloader Pricing: This Chrome video downloader offers a free plan and three paid plans starting from ₹796.59. The paid plan offers unlimited downloads, up to 7 simultaneous downloads, ads free experience, and more. Whereas the free plan includes only 3 simultaneous downloads and no permission for commercial use.
Rating: 4.5/ 5
Supported Platforms: YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, Facebook, SoundCloud, Dailymotion, Flickr
Link to Download Extension/Link to Browse Online: https://www.4kdownload.com/downloads/13
FBDOWN net is a free platform that enables users to download Facebook videos for offline viewing. Although there is no browser extension for iOS devices, you can use the FBDOWN net website to download Facebook videos on web browsers like Chrome, or Firefox.
FBDOWN net Pros
- Extension available for Windows
- Download Facebook live videos
- Completely anonymous and secure
- Download videos with just a link
FBDOWN net Cons
- No extension for macOS or iOS devices
- Enables download only from Facebook
FBDOWN net Pricing: Free video downloader for Chrome
Rating: 3.6/ 5
Supported Platforms: Facebook
Link to Download Extension/Link to Browse Online: https://fdown.net/
Video Downloader Plus
Video Downloader Plus is a Chrome extension that allows users to download high quality videos from 1000+ video sites. You can now watch your favorite shows, videos, movies, etc., for free. Just click on the ‘Add to Chrome’ button to add extension, and you are good to go.
Video Downloader Plus Pros
- Download videos in 4k quality
- Save videos to watch later in your account
- Play videos using Chromecast
Video Downloader Plus Cons
- Users might face login issues
Pricing: Free Chrome downloader
Rating: 4.2/ 5
Supported Platforms: YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, VEVO, etc.
Link to Download Extension/Link to Browse Online: https://vidow.io/
Video Downloader Professional
Video Downloader Professional is a Chrome extension that allows users to download videos for offline viewing. This free video downloader also creates a video list for you, so that you don’t need to revisit the original website every time you wish to watch another video.
Video Downloader Professional Pros
- Download in multiple video resolutions like 360p, 720p, 1080p, etc.
- Create your own video list after downloading
- Play videos on your TV or Google Home using Google Chromecast
Video Downloader Professional Cons
- Some protected videos cannot be downloaded
- Video Downloader Professional Pricing: Free Chrome video downloader extension
Rating: 4.4/ 5
Supported Platforms: Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and more
Link to Download Extension/Link to Browse Online: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-downloader-professi/elicpjhcidhpjomhibiffojpinpmmpil?hl=en
Catchvideo.net video downloader offers extensions for Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers. It allows you to download videos from different sites, as well as search for videos on its own website using keywords such as dance lessons.
- Search related videos with keywords
- Convert mp4 videos to mp3 audio playlists
- Catchvideo app available for Android users
- Can’t download copyrighted content
- It directs to multiple third-party websites while downloading
Rating: 4.4/ 5
Supported Platforms: Dailymotion, YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and other video sites
Link to Download Extension/Link to Browse Online: https://catchvideo.net/extensions
Chrome video downloader is an easy way to download videos from the internet for offline viewing. In addition to this, professionals can even use downloaded videos for commercial purposes such as video edits, memes, stock footage, etc. You just need to paste the video link that you want to download and hit the download button. The video will be saved with you forever
Related Categories: Video Editing Software | Social Media Management Tools
- What are Chrome Video Downloaders?
Chrome video downloaders are extensions for Google Chrome web browser that enables users to download videos in different formats such as mp4, avi, mov, etc.
- What are the top YouTube video downloaders for Chrome?
The top YouTube video downloaders for Chrome are savefrom.net, 4k Video Downloader, SaveTheVideo, etc. They allow you to download YouTube videos for free in different resolutions such as 720p, 360p, 1080p, and more. In fact, you can even download the audio of YouTube videos in mp3.
- What are the top Facebook video downloaders for Chrome?
Some of the top Facebook video downloaders for Chrome are FBDOWN net, Video Downloader Professional, Catchvideo.net, and more. Using these video downloaders, you can download videos uploaded on Facebook as well as Facebook LIVE videos.
- How to download any video on chrome?
Users can download any video on chrome by visiting a video downloader like savefrom.net. You just need to paste the video link you wish to download and click on the download button. The video will be saved in your gallery.
- What are the best URL video downloaders on Chrome?
The best URL video downloaders for Chrome are Video Downloader Plus, savefrom.net, Video Downloader Professional, 4k Video Downloader, etc.