2019 is going to be the year of videos. Customers in every industry are consuming videos at a rapid rate. And that is the reason why companies are focusing more and more on high quality videos. We can see videos gaining popularity in not just video platforms like YouTube or Vimeo, but social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram are also filled with video content. That is why we have listed the five best free video editing software as well as the best paid video editing software below:
List of Best Free Video Editing Software
Those who are looking forward to editing a video for their personal use or are planning to get into the domain of video creation, they can first try their hands on the free video editing software applications available online. Given below is the list of top video editing software which are available for free:
iMovie is a free video editing software available for iOS. It is suitable for beginners because of its simplified interface and ease of use. You can place, cut and join your video clips on the timeline. You can add music and narration onto your final video as well.
- It has a variety of themes and trailers pre-installed
- You can directly share your videos across various social media platforms
- It has a lot of shortcuts that increase efficiency
- You can adjust the levels of your audio clip right from the software
- It has a dedicated green screen control
- Background noise can also be removed with the help of iMovie
Windows Movie Maker
Windows movie maker was once the most used and the simplest video editing software available in the market. Now, its successor, Microsoft Photos has taken its place. Videos can be created by simply clicking on the video clip and dropping it on the timeline. Sadly, it has been discontinued by Microsoft, but if you still want to use it, you can download its installation packages from third-party sites.
- It has a variety of video effects and video transitions available
- You can add titles or credits, audio track and timeline narration to your video
- This software is suitable for beginners because of its easy to use features and a simple user interface
- You can upload your video directly to social media platforms
- It can accept formats like ASF, AVI, DVR-MS, M1V, MP2, MP2V, MPE, MPEG, MPG, MPV2, WM and WMV.
Openshots is an open source video editing software which allows you to add as many audio and video clips as you want. You can use waveforms to visualize your audio. It is a cross platform video editing software which supports a variety of video, audio and image formats..
- It includes more than 70 languages
- You can always use the lasted video editing technology
- It supports input formats likeQuickTime, AVI, WMV, MPEG, etc.
- Produces the final video in the form ofmpeg, avi, mp4, mov, etc.
- It has 3D animated title and effects
Lightworks is a free video editor featured with a variety of pre-installed ready-to-use video effects. You can access a huge library of royalty-free video and audio content inside this video editing software. The users who have used an editing software before will enjoy using this software as it contains numerous advanced and technical features. It has a pro version available which is paid.
- It can edit up to 256 video, audio, and still image clips
- You can use it to edit 4K videos
- It is ideal for handling multiple projects as it has a lot of advanced features
- It supports almost all the latest audio and video formats
Blender is a free and animated open source animated software for 3D content creation. It is a software specifically designed for advanced users. Some of its advanced tools are live preview, luma waveform, chroma vectorscope, histogram displays, audio mixing, syncing, scrubbing and waveform visualization.
- It has features like modifier-based modelling tools, powerful character animation tools, a node-based material
- Its interface is customizable and has flexible colour setting
- Supports all the latest audio and video formats
- The output formats supported by this video editing software are.MOV, .MPEG4, .MP4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, 3GPP, WebM
We hope this list was helpful to beginners as well as to those who are looking for a free alternative of editing their videos. Video production has a bright future and if you want to start your journey, you should try your hands on these free video editing software applications. If you have any more suggestions for us to include in this list, feel free to comment down below. You can also check out the best paid video editing software here.