How much time do you spend on Instagram scrolling through reels? Definitely, a lot! Well, what if you could go on the other side of the screen and make a livelihood out of it?
Well, yes that’s possible! You can be one of the Instagram creators and earn money. So, let’s understand how to earn money from Instagram, make trending reels, and become an internet sensation.
What are Instagram Reels?
Instagram reels are short videos, uploaded for 15, 30, or 60 seconds that can inspire, educate, and entertain the audience. You can create Instagram reels using the creative suite and tools available on Instagram itself and build your personal or company’s brand. Brands and creators from different communities, genres, and places can collaborate to follow and create new Instagram reel trends.
Reels are Instagram’s one of the best tools to increase your engagement and be discovered on the platform. By using its features like product tags, explore tab, AR effects, Reels Ads, CTA buttons, etc., you can increase your brand awareness and engagement.
How to Create Instagram Reels in Easy Steps?
Instagram has made creating a reel from a technical aspect easy and simple, even for first timers. Below, we have discussed the complete process of creating an Instagram reel and earn money from Instagram, right from finding the idea to sharing your reel with the world.
Plan Your Instagram Reel
You need to follow the rule of ‘99% planning and 1% execution’ while creating an Instagram reel. So, before getting started with the shooting, ask yourself a couple of questions.
- Who is your target audience and what genre of content might interest them?
- What topic would be more relatable to establish a connection with your audience?
- How can you create a blend of valuable content and trending reels?
To answer these questions, scroll through the Instagram Reel section, check out similar accounts, and identify trends. After the research, you can come up confidently with an idea that feels interesting and fun to create. Lay down the storyboard to get clarity on the number and type of shots you want to take.
Shoot the Instagram Reel
Once you have the visual clarity, you can now start with making Instagram Reel in the following steps. The earn money apps like Instagram are quite easy to use for everyone:
- On your Instagram app, tap on the ‘+’ icon to start creating a new post.
- Now, from the bottom screen, scroll through the options and navigate to Reels.
- On the right side, you can see a couple of effect options. These are music, effects, speed, and a timer. You can choose from these options to add audio-visual effects to your reel.
- Next, to start the recording, hold the record icon in the circle, and start shooting. If you have selected a time, it will start with a countdown.
- To end the recording, again tap on the ‘Record’ button. In case of time, the video will automatically stop recording once the preset time ends.
Preview & Add Effects
- After your recording has ended, the Align button will appear. Using this, you can add transitions and align clips with the previous ones.
- Once you are done, click on the ‘Preview’ tab to check how your Reel looks.
You can also enhance your Reel by adding stickers, on-screen text, music, filters, and drawings.
Share the Instagram Reel on Your Profile
- Once you are happy with the edit, click on the ‘Next’ tab. Now, here you can add captions, location, tag people, etc.
- While tagging people, you can invite another creator or brand to collaborate with you. If they accept your invitation, the post will be shared with both of your followers, and you both will become co-authors.
- In this window, you can even choose to share this reel on your feed. We would highly recommend you do so. After proceeding, you need to select a cropped image that would appear on your Instagram feed.
- Finally, click on ‘Share’. You have successfully posted your first Instagram reel!
How to Shoot and Edit Videos Using Instagram Reels?
Let’s dive deep into how you can create catchy Instagram reels for your audience and increase your engagement rate.
Shoot an Instagram Reel
- Simply hold the ‘Record’ button at the bottom of your screen to start recording. If you choose a time, countdown to the recording will begin.
- To finish the recording, tap again on the record button, and if the timer was on the recording, it will automatically stop.
Edit Videos Using Instagram Reels
After you have recorded multiple clips in Instagram, follow the steps below to edit, trim, and delete a footage.
- After completing the recording, you can see ‘<’ icon on the left-hand side of the record button, and ‘Preview’ on the right side.
- Click on the ‘<’ icon, and then select the clip you want to edit.
- Tap on the ‘bin’ icon to delete a clip, or ‘scissor’ icon to trim the clip.
- To finalize the video, click on ‘done.’
- Now, you’ll be redirected to the previous screen, where you can click on ‘Preview’ to see the edited version of your Instagram reel.
In addition to this, you can do multiple things in the edit section like adding music, effects, speed, etc., to make an interesting and visually appealing Reel. Let’s explore the effects buttons to check what all they can add.
Add Music to Instagram Reels
- Tap on the first icon for music. Here you can search and select from multiple trending sound tracks available from different artists across the globe. You can even import music from your local storage.
- Next, you can choose which part of the music you would like to add into the reel.
Manage the Speed of Instagram Reel
- The next option can be seen as ‘1x’, using which you can change the speed of the video.
- Tap on 1x to change the speed of the video to .3x, .5x, 1x to 4x. However, the default speed is set to 1x.
- To add effects to your Instagram reels, tap on the three stars available above the record button.
- You’ll see multiple video effects, just scroll and try to find the one you would like to use.
The option also allows you to search effects by name and try trending Instagram effects. You can also save effects for future use.
Suggested Read: Best Online Jobs for Students to Earn Money at Home
Ways on How to Make Money from Instagram in India
The biggest question among aspiring creators or influencers is ‘How to earn money from Instagram’.
Here’re the several ways that help you make money through Instagram.
- Become an affiliate
Affiliate marketing is just like promoting a product, but instead, you can only make income when a consumer buys the product or service. Instagram’s new feature, which allows you to add clickable links to your story, has helped in boosting Instagram earnings through affiliate marketing.
To increase your Instagram money earning, you can also offer discount codes. This will make your offers more attractive and help track your income.
- Create sponsored content
This is one of the most popular methods by which many influencers make Instagram income through reels. If you have a sizable number of loyal and engaged followers, brands will themselves contact you to create Instagram content around their products.
You can charge brands based on your followers’ count and reach. Even brands today are eager to include influencer marketing in their marketing strategies.
- Brand collaborations
Brand collaboration or promotion is the first step for content creators who are aspiring to become an influencer. Just like sponsored content, here also you can create content like Instagram stories, reels, and posts, but you are paid in kind.
It just works like a barter system. Brands can send you their free products to review and promote, food influencers might get free food to review, etc.
- Sell your items
Along with promoting other brands, you can even create, promote, and sell your own business on Instagram. You can either start your own online or offline business, and promote it among your followers, or you can also set up an Instagram store.
Start by creating an Instagram Business account and making a product catalog. Now, you can tag products in your Instagram posts by clicking on that your audience can buy the product directly from the Instagram shop.
- Earn badges
Instagram badge is one of the features of Instagram monetization. Your community can support you by buying badges during an Instagram live session. Whenever a supporter buys a badge, you’ll see a heart next to your username. So, to check your total revenue, you can click on ‘view’ during the live video. Also, if you want to know your badge count, go to ‘Badge Settings’. To turn on the badge feature for your profile:
- Navigate to ‘Profile’ and click on ‘Professional Dashboard’.
- If your profile is eligible for Instagram monetization, you might see the option ‘Set Up Badges’.
- Monetize your videos with IGTV ads
Running IGTV ads is one of the best answers to how does Instagram pay money. While monetizing content on Instagram, you allow brands to promote themselves on your videos through IGTV ads. Your Instagram income will be based on the number of views, also known as ‘Monetizable Plays’. Creators will get 55% of the ad’s revenue monthly.
- Become a consultant
If you have a great Instagram following and engagement, you can probably teach others about how to earn money from Instagram. Many aspiring creators, influencers, and even brands are willing to hire consultants that can help them in their brand building on Instagram.
Tips to Make Your Instagram Reels More Discoverable
Instagram reels can be one of the best tools that can get your brand discovered on Instagram. Check out some of the top tricks that might get you discovered through Instagram reels.
- Take the first mover’s advantage by following trends quickly.
- Follow trends but always add your perspective to create original and valuable content.
- Add closed captions and on-screen texts to tap a larger audience base that scrolls Instagram reels on mute.
- Remove watermarks of other apps from recycled or reused content.
- Add CTA to your Instagram reels.
- Always add reels to your profile feed to increase its reach.
- Identify your niche and build a loyal community.
- Add 3-5 hashtags to increase the right audience.
- Add trending music from Instagram library or original audio.
- Share your Instagram on your story to increase discoverability.
- How much do Instagram influencers earn in India?
Influencers with 5k-10k followers can make an average of ₹6,500/- per post. This range might go up to 7-figure earnings for influencers and celebrities with millions of followers.
- How much money does Instagram pay?
If you have followers between 5k-10k, you can earn an average of ₹6,500/-. This amount changes based on the number of followers, reach, and engagement. However, Instagram pays you by monetizing your content using IGTV ads and live badges.
- How do Instagram influencers make money?
Instagram influencers can make money through brand collaborations, affiliate link marketing, Instagram shop, badges, and other monetization features.
- How to get monetized on Instagram?
To monetize your Instagram account:
1. Switch to a business account.
2. Go to ‘Creator’ and click on ‘Apply for monetization’. You can check your monetization status on Instagram in the creator section itself.
- How much does Instagram pay per post in India?
Instagram pays according to your follower count. For example, for nano influencers with a follower count between 2k-9k you can earn between ₹5,000- ₹15,000. But mega influencers with more than 500k followers can earn more than 3 Lakh INR.
- How do 500 Instagram followers make money in India?
To make money on Instagram with 500 followers in India, you can choose to do affiliate link marketing, Instagram consulting, writing captions for profiles, small business collaborations, etc.
- How do beginners make money on Instagram?
Beginners can make money on Instagram using affiliate link marketing, new brand collaborations, Instagram shop, etc.
- How much money does 1000 Instagram followers make?
If you have 1,000 followers on Instagram, you can check if you are eligible for Instagram monetization or not. If you are eligible for monetization, you can earn using live badges and IGTV ads.
- How can I get Instagram followers fast and free?
To get Instagram followers fast and free, follow trends while creating original content. Also, add trending and relevant hashtags to ensure that your content reaches the right audience.
- How do I get Reels in Instagram?
To get reels on Instagram, click on the ‘video’ icon on the homepage. Here, you can scroll through endless reels. However, to create reels, tap on the ‘+’ icon on the home screen and click on reels. Now, here you can record, edit, and upload Instagram reels.
- What are Reels for on Instagram?
Reels are short 15, 30, or 60-second videos on Instagram that are created by different users to educate, entertain, or inspire their audiences.
- How to make Instagram page?
To make Instagram page, complete your Instagram profile setup, and then create a business page. You can add your business type, portfolio, name, contact details, etc.
- Does Instagram pay money?
Yes, you can earn money from Instagram’s monetization feature. You can earn using Instagram ads, and live badges.
- What is the best time to post reels on Instagram in India?
The best time to post reels on Instagram in India is between 7 am to 5 pm. However, a peak in engagement can be seen from 9 am to 3 pm and 10 am to 12 pm.
- How many followers do you need to make money on Instagram?
To make money on Instagram you can just start with 1,000 followers as well. You can make money using affiliate marketing, brand collaborations, etc.
- How much does an Instagram verified badge cost?
Getting an Instagram verified badge costs between ₹11,3871.98 to ₹45,5487.90.