With the high cost of education and the rising living expenses, students often find it tough to manage their finances. One of the easiest solutions to this is doing a part-time job. But most jobs require you to be physically present at the work location without much flexibility to continue studies side by side. However, there are few online jobs for students to earn money at home.
For students who are looking for part-time jobs that can help them with additional funds, we have compiled a list of the 25 best online jobs for students in India. These work from home jobs for students not only pay well but will also help improve your knowledge.
Best Online Jobs for Students to Earn Money at Home 2022
- Data Entry
- Freelance Content Writing Jobs
- Drop Shipping
- Social Media Marketer
- Graphics Designer
- Freelance Transcription
- Online Tutor
- Affiliate Marketing
- Online Game Streaming
- Video Editor
- Home Baker
- Dance Instructor
- Makeup Stylist
- Computer Technician
- Event Planner
- Guitar Tutor
- Freelance Website Designer
- Nail Artist
- Remote Survey Jobs
While there are hundreds of jobs students can do, we have shortlisted best 25 online work for students to earn money. These jobs not only provide flexible working hours but could also be started without any investment.
Online data entry job is one of the most popular online jobs for students in India. It includes entering unstructured and handwritten data into a digital database.
Example: Entering data into Bank database from Bank account opening forms.
Data entry job does not require any special skills and can be easily learned. You can work anytime during the day or week depending on your schedule. Besides, you only need basic computer skills, a computer, and an internet connection for this online job.
How Much You Can Earn from Data Entry Job?
- Pay varies depending on working hours and type of data entry
- A beginner can earn from ₹ 5000- to ₹ 10000 per month
Where to Get Data Entry Jobs?
- Job Portals
- Online websites Like Fiverr, Upwork
Pros and Cons of Data Entry Job
|Easy to learn and work||Gets repetitive|
|Flexible working hours|
Freelance Content Writing Jobs
Content writing is one of the best online jobs for students to earn money at home. It’s a great option for those who enjoy expressing thoughts and ideas through the written word. It requires you to research and write articles or other forms of website content along with social media copies, emailers, and more.
How Much Can You Earn from Freelance Content Writing?
- Pay mostly depends on the complexity of the topic and skills
- A beginner content writer can earn ₹ 0.50 to ₹ 0.70 paisa per word
How to Get Content Writing Jobs?
- Job Portals like Fiverr, Upwork, Guru.com, Peopleperhour
- Content Mills like iWriter, Hirewriters.com, Peppercontent, Scalenut, etc
- LinkedIn and other Jobs Network
Pros and Cons of Content Writing Job
|Quick payment||Requires the basic Grammar, punctuation & syntax skills|
|Improves writing skills|
|Helps create long term prospects|
Suggested Read: Best Money Earning Apps Online Free in India
Dropshipping is an eCommerce business model in which you list and sell products of other stores or eCommerce platforms. Since Dropshipping doesn’t require any inventory, store or office, it is one of the best online jobs for students to earn money without investment.
For example, you can list jewellery in Instagram Shopping from Flipkart. When a customer places order through your Instagram page, you can order and then reship the products to the customer and generate additional profit.
How Much Can You Earn from Drop Shipping?
- Depends entirely on the sales and profit margins
- 10% – 15% commission on every sale
How to Get Started with Drop Shipping?
- Create a store on Shopify or WooCommerce and then connect it with Flipkart or Amazon.
- Creating niche pages and profiles on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media websites.
- Promote your website/page/profile organically.
Pros and Cons of Drop Shipping:
|No investment required||Razor-thin margins|
|Unlimited scalability||Returns and refunds could be a problem|
Social Media Marketer
A social media marketing job is one of the most popular online part-time jobs for students in mobile. It includes managing social media accounts and creating content for them. For example: Managing a Facebook page of a celebrity or writing tweets for a politician.
How Much Can You Earn from Social Media Marketing?
- The pay for social media Marketers depends on the number of posts every day
- You can charge anywhere between ₹ 10- ₹ 50 for each post depending on the frequency and complexity.
How to Get Social Media Marketing Job?
- Freelancing platforms like Fiverr, Upwork, etc.
- Spread the word of mouth to nearby brands and service providers.
Pros and Cons of Part-Time Social Media Posting Job:
|Pay as you go||Difficult to find long term projects|
|Could be done using smartphone|
If you’re bilingual or have expertise in another language, you can use your skills to earn money by translating documents and text from one language to another. For example, you can translate an audio or document from Hindi to English.
How Much Can You Earn as a Translator?
- The pay depends on the type of work and the languages involved
- Generally paid on a per-page basis
- Translators can earn from ₹ 100 to ₹ 1000 per page depending on the language.
Where to Find Translation Jobs?
- You can find translation projects on ProZ and TranslationDirectory.
Pros and Cons of Being a Translator:
|Handsome pay||Need to be fluent in the language your choose|
|Regular job opportunity|
Graphics designing is one of the most preferred online jobs for students to earn money at home after the 10th. Graphic designing includes crease visual style, logos, infographics, and other creative images for various purposes. Most websites, social media accounts, brands, and bloggers need graphics regularly for their websites or platforms.
How Much Can You Earn as a Graphics Designer?
- Graphics designers are paid per project or per hour.
- Example: You can charge ₹ 200- ₹ 1000 for designing a simple logo.
How to Get Freelance Graphics Designer Jobs?
- Freelancing platforms like Upwork and Fiverr
- Designing platforms like 99design
Pros and Cons of Graphics Designer Jobs:
|Flexible working hours||Requires expertise in designing software|
|Long term skill building|
Creating your own is among a few online jobs for trusted online job for students that has exponential growth probability. If you’re passionate about writing and have something to share with the world, starting a blog is a great way to earn extra income.
Example: If you are interested in IPL, you can create a niche blog for IPL games, Dream 11 Team prediction, match summaries to attract readers. Blogging is an extremely popular choice among college students as it helps to promote your writing, posting, designing and SEO capabilities.
How Much Can You Earn from Blogging?
- With a daily traffic of 2000 on your blog, you can earn anywhere from ₹ 80- ₹ 400 daily through Google AdSense
How to Get Started with Blogging?
- You can create a blog on Blogger or WordPress on any niche topic.
- Start posting good content and sign up for Google AdSense
Pros and Cons of Blogging:
|Low investment required||Requires long term focus|
|Unlimited scalability||You should have multiple skills like writing, posting, designing, etc.|
Transcription is another popular online part-time jobs for students to earn money at home as it does not require any special skills or qualifications. All you need is a laptop, good typing speed, and knowledge of English grammar.
As a transcriptionist, your job will be to listen to audio files and type out what you hear. Online Transcription is one of the few online jobs that offers daily payment.
How Much can You Earn with Transcription Jobs?
- Transcriptionists are usually paid per audio length.
- A typical rate for transcription is ₹ 10-15 per audio minute.
- Example: If an audio file is 60 minutes long, you can earn up to ₹ 900 from it.
Where to Find Online Transcription Jobs?
- Speech to text service providers such as Rev, Scribie, Go Transcript, etc.
- Job portals like Indeed and Naukri
Pros and Cons of Online Transcription Jobs:
|No expertise needed||AI is quickly replacing human transcriptions|
|Minimal investment required|
If you’re good at academics and have always wanted to share your knowledge with others, becoming an online tutor is the perfect online job for students after 12th or during graduation.
During the Covid pandemic, the online tutoring world boomed and even now teaching is a good way of online work to earn money for students. As an online tutor, you can earn a decent income by teaching students of all ages, from anywhere in the world.
How Much Can You Earn as an Online Tutor?
- Online tutors are usually paid on a monthly basis
- You can charge ₹1000-5000/per month for each student
Where to Find Online Tutoring Jobs?
- Sign up on tutoring platforms like Cambly, Chegg, Mytutor2u, etc.
- Upload courses on Ed-tech platforms like Skillshare, Udemy and Unacademy
Pros and Cons of Being an Online Tutor:
|Long term skill building||Requires excellent academic knowledge|
|Seasonal shift in demand|
Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular online works in India for students because it doesn’t require any investment, and you can start earning money right away.
You need to make blogs or videos reviewing different gadgets, smartphones, electronic items, or health products available on an eCommerce website that has affiliate programs. When a reader or viewer purchases that item through the link you have posted on your blog or video, the company pays a portion of it to you as commission.
How Much Can You Earn as an Affiliate Marketer?
- The commission is paid on every sale that you generate
- The commission for each sale ranges from 1% to 14% on Amazon
How to Start Part-Time Affiliate Marketing?
- Sign up for an affiliate marketing program like Amazon Associates, CJ Affiliate, or ShareASale
- Find a niche product you like and promote it through social media, your blog, YouTube or other channels
Pros and Cons of Affiliate Marketing:
|Unlimited earning potential||Requires patience and consistency|
|Recurring income||Not suitable for everyone|
Online Game Streaming
Streaming games is undoubtedly the most popular option for earning money online for students. If you like gaming, you won’t even feel like doing a job and can earn through multiple ways if your gaming skills are excellent.
You can compete in online tournaments and win cash prizes. You can also live-stream your games on platforms like Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube and earn money from ads and donations.
How Much Can You Earn as a Gamer?
- The amount you earn depends on your skill level and the popularity of your game.
- You can earn anywhere between 5K to 15K per month from ads if you are an excellent gamer.
How to Start Online Game Streaming as Major Online Earning Jobs for Students?
- You can start by creating a channel on Twitch, Facebook or YouTube.
- Start playing games that are popular in your country like Fortnite and BGMI
- You need to gain some followers before you can start earning from ads and donations.
Pros and Cons of Online Game Streaming:
|Huge earnings if you are excellent at gaming||Requires expensive equipment|
|Engaging and fun||May be addictive|
|Earning though multiple sources like Twitch, Facebook Like, Youtube and sponsorship simultaneously.|
Suggested Read: Best Indian Gaming Apps to Earn Money: Made in India Gaming Apps
Video editing is a great online part-time job for students to earn money at home by creating videos for brands and organizations. Brands, influencers, and businesses are always in need of high-quality videos, and they are willing to pay good money for them. You can learn video editing and animation skills and take projects from agencies and businesses.
How Much Can You Earn as a Video Editor?
- Freelance video editors are paid on a per-project basis.
- You can charge anywhere from ₹ 1000- ₹ 15000 depending on the complexity and time required for the project.
How to Get Part-Time Video Editing Jobs?
- Signup on freelancing sites like Fiverr or Upwork
- Post gigs as per your skills
- As an alternative, start your own YouTube channel or Facebook videos page
Pros and Cons of Being a Video Editor:
|Long term skill building||Requires specialized skills|
|Well paid job||Time-consuming|
Home baking is a wonderful way to earn money from home for students and it can be a lot of fun too. If you love to bake, then you can start taking orders from friends, family, and even strangers. Just take orders of birthday and anniversary cakes and get paid for your hobby.
How Much Can You Earn as a Home Baker?
- You can make a profit of ₹ 200- ₹ 300 on each cake
How to Get Started with Home Baking?
- Spread your venture by word of mouth throughout your family friends
- Use Google Business to promote your home bakery in nearby locations
Pros and Cons of Being a Home Baker:
|Profitable part-time option||You will have to spend on equipment and ingredients|
|Fun and rewarding||Need to have baking skills|
|Scalable career opportunity|
If you have dancing skills, being a dance Instructor can a good part-time job in India. you can teach dance to other children or young adults even online and receive a monthly fee for this. You can also start your YouTube channel for dance instruction.
How Much Can You Earn as a Dance Teacher?
- Dance instructors are paid on a monthly basis
- Typically charge ₹ 1500 – ₹ 2500 per hour for private lessons.
How to Get Started as a Dance Instructor?
- You could start teaching dance on your own or at a local studio.
- You can also teach dance online through your YouTube or social media channel.
Pros and Cons of Teaching Dance:
|Flexible work hours||You need to upgrade your skills continuously|
|Allows you to continue with your passion|
Working as a makeup stylist is an online part-time job for students to earn money without capital. If you are good at doing makeup, you can start with friends and family. You can also offer your services to businesses for special events.
How Much Can You Earn as a Makeup Stylist?
- Makeup artists typically charge ₹ 5000 per hour for their services.
How to Get Started as a Makeup Stylist?
- Spread your new business through word of mouth with your family and friends.
- List yourself in Google Business and add location for your workplace.
Pros and Cons of Being a Makeup Artist
|Profitable during seasons||Require equipment and space for scaling|
Babysitting is one of the most popular part-time jobs for students after the 12th with daily payment. You just need to be good with children and learn the basic skills to keep them engaged while enhancing their motor and sensory skills.
Babysitting also involves tasks like feeding the baby, putting them to sleep, taking them for a stroll, bathing, messaging, feeding, and more.
How Much Can You Earn as a Baby Sitter?
- Babysitters typically earn ₹ 100 – ₹ 200 per hour
Where to Find Babysitting Jobs in India?
- Start by offering your services to family and friends.
- Signup on Just Dial, Sulekha, and other regional job websites.
Pros and Cons of Being a Babysitter:
|Spending time with babies is fun||High responsibility job|
|Recurring Income||Often requires police and other verification|
If you have some computer repairing skills like formatting or replacing & adding hardware parts, you can capitalize on it. You can earn for basic cleaning up PC, replacing or adding hardware parts, networking, setting up internet and more.
How Much Can You Earn as a Computer Technician?
- Technicians charge based on the job work.
- For formatting and data backup you can charge up to ₹ 500
Where to Find a Computer Technician Job?
- Approach nearby households, acquaintances, and shops
- List yourself on Google Businesses, Just Dial, and other local websites.
Pros and Cons of Being a Computer Technician:
|Easy to find this job||Requires technical skills|
|Pay increases with expertise|
If you are a party person and have an interest in planning events, you can start with small birthday parties or family gatherings. Event planning is among a few part-time jobs for students to earn money as it doesn’t require them to be involved full time.
How Much Can You Earn as an Event Planner?
- Planners typically earn 10-15% of the total event cost.
Where to Find Event Planner Jobs?
- List your services on Google Businesses or other local websites like Just Dial.
- Tell your friends, family and neighbors about your event planning business
Pros and Cons of Being an Event Planner:
|Scalable business model||You need to be organized and detail oriented|
|Recurring clientele||Difficult to find initial clients|
YouTube is one of the few online job for students to earn money at home without investment, even from mobile. With a little bit of creativity and some editing skills, students can start their own YouTube channel and earn good money. You just need to be consistent with your content and grow your subscriber base to start making income for the same.
How Much Money Can You Earn as a YouTuber?
- Your earning depends entirely on the number of views on your videos
- You can also earn through affiliate marketing with a 1-14% commission
How to Get Started with YouTube Channels?
- Find a niche of your interest and expertise
- Start making good quality videos on the specific niche
- For affiliates, sign up to good affiliate networks and provide links in the YouTuber description of a specific product or service.
Pros and Cons of Being a YouTuber:
|Scalable career opportunity||Requires a lot of patience and effort|
|Flexible working hours|
Suggested Read: How to Live Stream on YouTube from a Computer or Mobile Device?
If you know how to play the guitar and are looking for a part-time job, teaching guitar classes can be a great option. You can start by giving classes to your friends and acquaintances and then move on to taking tuition. you can either give traditional face-to-face guitar classes or even teach guitar online.
How Much Money Can You Earn as a Guitar Tutor?
- You can charge anywhere between ₹ 500- ₹ 1500 per month depending on the course
Where to Find Guitar Tuition Students?
- List yourself in Just dial and Google Business with location
- Advertise about your classes in your community
Pros and Cons of Being a Guitar Tutor:
|Helps build expertise||Requires advanced expertise|
|Easy to get interested students|
Freelance Website Designer
Website design is one of the best online jobs for students after 12th. Freelance website designers create, maintain, and update websites for businesses and individuals.
How Much Can You Earn as a Freelance Website Designer?
- You can charge anywhere between ₹ 8000 to ₹ 25000 depending on the type of website
How to Find Web Designing Jobs?
- Signup on freelancing websites like Upwork and Fiverr
Pros and Cons of Freelance Website Designing:
|Pay increases with expertise||Requires Website Designing Skills|
|Can be done from anywhere|
|Flexible working hours|
Suggested Read: Best Free & Open-Source Website Designing Software
If you have a steady hand and an eye for detail, becoming a Nail Artist can be a great option for you. Nail art is one of the best options to earn money from home for students, it pays well and requires creativity.
How Much Can You Earn As a Nail Artist?
- With the right skills and training, you can easily charge up to ₹2500 per art
Where to Find Nail Artist Job?
- Organic Social Media Promotion especially on Instagram
- Advertise about your skill in your society, family, and friends
Pros and Cons of Being a Nail Artist:
|Allows you to use your creativity||Requires skills and some investment|
As a typist, all you have to do is type out texts, usually from handwritten copies. This can be a great option for students who are looking for part-time work after the 12th to earn money from home. Usually, having Hindi or other language typing skills pays higher than English typing.
How Much Money Can You Earn as a Typist?
- You can charge between ₹ 50- ₹ 100 per page for Hindi typing
Where to Find Typing Jobs?
Sign up for online platforms that offer typing jobs such as Freelancer, Upwork, Fiverr, and People Per Hour.
Pros and Cons of Being a Typist:
|Doesn’t require much training||Gets repetitive and boring|
Suggested Read: Best Typing Software for PC | Typing Practice Software
Remote Survey Jobs
There are many companies that offer online surveys that you can take to earn money. You need to collect different types of data about people and places around you and send it to these companies for pay. This is a great part-time online job for students to earn extra money from home.
How Much Money Can You Earn with Online Survey Jobs?
- You can earn anywhere between ₹ 100- ₹ 1000 per survey depending on the work
Where to Find Online Survey Jobs?
Sign Up on websites that offer online surveys such as Swagbucks, InboxDollars, PineCone Research, and Survey Junkie.
Pros and Cons of Taking Online Surveys:
|Earn money from home||There are many scam jobs online|
|Does not require much time||Average pay|
Part time online jobs can not only help you to be financially stable but also helps you to build long term skills. Choosing an online job that fits your interest and career could help you grow exponentially in long run.
Suggested Read: Top Online Earning Websites in India
FAQs on Online Jobs for Students to Earn Money at Home
- What is the best online job for Students?
There is no one answer to this question, as the best online job for students will vary depending on each student's individual skill set, opportunity, and interest. However, some popular online jobs for students include freelance writing, graphic design, web development, and online surveying.
- How can I earn as a student?
There are various ways that students can earn money, both online and offline. Some popular methods include tutoring, typing, part-time graphics designing, and online gaming. You can also earn money by working part-time as a receptionist, babysitter or electrician.
- How can students make money online from home?
Students can earn money online from home, by working on freelance web designing, transcription, online gaming, etc. Some offline methods include part-time tutoring, taking dance classes, and teaching guitar.
- What jobs can a student do online?
There are a number of jobs that students can do online like blogging, graphic designing, video editing, affiliate marketing, writing, online surveying, and more.
- What jobs can a 17-year-old student get in India?
17-year-old students can get many jobs like working as a tutor, part-time graphic designers, data entry operators, and call center executives. There are also a number of online jobs that 17-year-old students can do from homes, such as content writing, and social media marketing.
- How can I earn money from home as a student?
As a student, you can find many online work-from-home jobs such as writing, graphic design, web development, and online surveying. You can also work part-time as a tutor, babysitter, or electrician. There are many opportunities to make money from home as a student if you are willing to look for them.
- Can students earn money online from home?
Yes, students can earn money online from home by working as freelancers. Students can get data entry jobs, teach online, design websites, stream games and much more to earn money by working from home.