Veeam Backup Essentials
is a powerful, easy-to-use and affordable backup
and availability solution for small businesses. Designed for SMBs with less than 250 employees and virtual environments with up to 6 CPU sockets, Veeam Backup Essentials delivers the exact same functionality as Veeam Availability Suite. Veeam Backup Essentials, which includes Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE, offers enterprise-level functionality and gives users everything they need to modernize their virtual data center. Veeam Backup & Replication v9 includes essential VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V backup components for small businesses.
Veeam Backup Essentials is the affordable and worry-free backup and Availability solution for small businesses that they can trust will deliver the automation and reliability needed to ensure the business is Always-On.
Below are certain specific features of the solution:
- High speed recovery: Veeam ensures fast recovery of desired data, the way users want it whether it’s an entire VM, individual file, or application item with:
- Instant VM Recovery: Users can recover a failed virtual machine (VM) in less than 2 minutes
- Veeam Explorer: For Oracle: Users can get transaction-level recovery of Oracle databases, including agent less transaction log backup, so that the users can restore their Oracle databases to a precise point in time
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange: Users can get instant visibility and a granular recovery of individual Exchange items, including hard deleted items and can restore to Online Archive mailboxes
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint: Users can get instant visibility into SharePoint backups to perform full-site restores and easily find and recover specific items to email, or directly to the SharePoint server.
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL: Users can get fast transaction-level recovery of SQL databases and restore SQL databases to a precisely desired point in time
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory: Users can instantly recover individual Active Directory objects and entire containers, and easily recover user accounts and passwords
- Backup and granular recovery for storage snapshots (for EMC, HP and NetApp): Users can create backups and replicas from storage snapshots to restore VMs or individual items directly from those storage snapshots
- Data loss avoidance - Avoid data loss and achieve RPOs of < 15 minutes with near-continuous data protection and streamlined disaster recovery using features like:
- 2-in-1: backup and replication: Helps improve off-site backup and recovery with WAN-accelerated replication, replication from backup and 1-click site failover with support for planned failover
- Veeam Cloud Connect Replication: Users get fully-integrated, fast and secure cloud-based disaster recovery (DR) through a service provider to ensure availability of your mission-critical applications without the cost and complexity of building and maintaining a DR site
- End-to-end encryption: Secures data during backup, in flight and at rest while still maintaining the ability to easily recover backups, even if the password is lost, without compromising security
- Built-in WAN acceleration: Provides backups offsite 50 times faster and save bandwidth with agentless backup copy jobs and built-in WAN acceleration
- Verified Recoverability: With SureBackup and SureReplica, users are guaranteed that their files, applications and virtual servers can be reliably restored when needed and ensure business resiliency through automated backup and DR testing.
- Leveraged Data: Users can leverage backup data to create an exact copy of production environment and enjoy low-risk deployment with Virtual Lab. This allows users to test changes in a production-like environment before deployment
- Complete visibility: By utilizing the features and capabilities of Veeam ONE, Veeam Backup Essentials provides proactive monitoring and alerting of issues before operational impact, including:
- 24x7 real-time monitoring and alerting to notify users of backup and performance issues before they are affected
- Resource optimization and configuration tracking to help evaluate the performance of infrastructure and ensure existing configurations meet all known virtualization platform and backup best practices
- Capacity planning and forecasting to forecast resource usage and utilization trends with “what if” modelling and resource over commit tracking for backup and virtual infrastructures