What is Plagiarism Checker Software?
To use someone else’s content and claim it as yours is called plagiarism. Plagiarism checker software is designed to detect copied, duplicate content in phrases, lines, paragraphs, ideas, thoughts, or any material that already exists on web.
Plagiarism detector software easily identifies web pages with copied/stolen content and enables you to take legal action against these websites. There are many free plagiarism checking software available online that can show you what percentage of your copy has been copied or stolen by a webpage.
A few popular plagiarism finding tools like Turnitin plagiarism checker provides API and notify in your email if anyone has copied your content without giving credits, so you can take appropriate steps.
Practicing plagiarism is a serious offense and once contended, you can face copyright infringement charges in court. But this is more serious for educational institutions, publishing companies, and enterprise organizations too, as copied content on the website can impact its performance in search engine ranking. If you are writing professionally, it is expected from you that you don’t copy anyone’s content.
But what about when you hire a batch of writers or getting content outsourced? Can you ensure that your writers will follow the same guidelines? No! And that’s where plagiarism checking software comes into the picture. But what if you receive a lengthy copy, what will you do then? Well, worry not! Because today we have online plagiarism checking tools that allow you to check 15,000 words copy for free.
How Does Plagiarism Checker Software Work?
Plagiarism checker works by comparing your text with billions of digital content available on the internet. It matches your text with content on the internet and generates a report of the percentage of plagiarism.
Here is how plagiarism checker detects copied content:
- The user enters the text in the plagiarism tool.
- Click on the ‘Check for plagiarism’ button.
- The plagiarism scanner will start scanning the text and will give you the results in a few minutes.
- The results will be displayed in the form of a report.
- The report will show you the percentage of plagiarism and will also highlight the sections that have been copied.
- You can take the necessary action to correct the plagiarism.
Also, there are SEO-based plagiarism checking tools that investigate the authenticity of the content. Online plagiarism software uses language processing algorithms along with crawling, indexing, and gathering information through a huge corpus of webpages, PDFs, and several documents scattered over the internet to detect copied content.
Plagiarism Detector Software Features
Some of the key features that plagiarism checking software has:
- Multiple File Formats: This feature allows you to use online plagiarism checking software for scanning write-ups either by copy-pasting the text directly or uploading the content file. Most plagiarism tools these days allow you to upload files in multiple formats. Both paid or free anti-plagiarism software supports many formats including Word, PDF, .rtf, HTML, .txt, or .odt.
- Bulk Cross-Comparison: Bulk cross-comparison is an effective feature every time a need arises for scanning multiple documents. In such a case, you can upload multiple documents for cross-analysis. For instance, a teacher can check for signs of plagiarized content across all assignment submissions by the students in one go with online plagiarism checking software.
- Citations Generator: Citations are important when you have copied data, quotes, or research from any paper, book, blog, study, etc., and want to give credit to the original owner. With the help of plagiarism-checking software, you can quickly generate citations and references.
- Side by Side Comparison: It allows you to compare two different documents by identifying similarities that may exist in such files. The file could be in any format, and you can rely on plagiarism checking software to see the original content that has been copied, paraphrased, or changed.
- Multilingual Support: The feature enables you to upload any file format in any language and the tool can scan the entire content online to see if the content written by you is plagiarized or not. With multilingual support, the language is never an issue for checking content duplication.
- Administration: Administrative support options help the user in customizing the software usage as per your requirement. This is possible because of the software's ability to integrate itself seamlessly with Google Notes and other learning management systems (LMS).
- Data Protection: Data security should be the top priority of any plagiarism online checker software. The software should give you full control over all your data. The best plagiarism finder software comes with features to keep your documents as well as data safe and secure.
- Your documents will never be made public or passed on to third parties. You are the only one to decide for allowing how and with whom you want to share your data.
- Multiple Checking: Plagiarism software’s multiple checking feature shows you references of multiple sources be it the web, public, or private repositories. It scans your content and generates a report where every detail is mentioned. Online plagiarism checking software also shows you to what degree, your content matches with the other writer’s content.
- Comprehensive Plagiarism Report: Many plagiarisms checker software shows the matched text in different colors. It also sends alerts to users about different problems, such as poor paraphrasing and ‘good’ or ‘bad’ quotes.
- Downloading and Sharing Reports: This feature is generally seen in advanced plagiarism checking tools that allow you to share the results of the originality of any content with teachers or employers or others. If anyone wishes to see these results, you can easily download the report and send it to them.
- Profound analysis: A plagiarism checker is used for citation and reference detection. With profound analysis, it is possible to evaluate these citations as markers highlighting the kind of language that has been used. This is usually done with the help of algorithmic support of the plagiarism checking software.
- Customized library: A custom library is of great support to those who must write different articles on a similar subject or topic. Plagiarism checking tools help you compare articles for their uniqueness and commonalities in text. It further allows you to create a personalized library for storing such files for future references.
- Data driven insights: The best plagiarism checking software offers data-driven insights for detecting smaller fonts. Such insights also facilitate the intense examination of hidden characters and the detection of symbols. You can also use this feature for comparing content as well as finding out unauthorized modifications.
- Automated grading: You get an automated grading feature that enables you to give grades, especially when evaluating student's assignments. The software lets you do grade by taking data into account from past exams, essays, and assignments.
Benefits of Plagiarism Checker Software
Check for similarities and differences between texts in an article with plagiarism detector tools. This helps in creating an original piece of writing, which has been thoroughly checked, rectified, and polished before you make the final submission. Plagiarism software solutions are intelligent tools that are equipped to help you create accurate plagiarism reports.
- SEO Optimization: Plagiarized content is penalized by Google and other search engines, and blogs or pages with copied content rank poorly on search results. Plagiarism software helps you to create 100% unique and quality content by checking plagiarism and suggesting changes. When you have good quality, original content, it becomes easier for your website to rank higher on SERPs.
- Analytics and Reporting: High-value plagiarism checking software analyses the content and presents plagiarism results based on different metrics. You can see these results in the form of comprehensive reports that highlight every word, which can be replaced by a synonym as well as other such suggestions that fit in your content's context.
- Visualization: Short sentences with crisp paragraphs help in increasing the readability of your content. Editing tools in the plagiarism scanning software help you visualize a sentence's length and help you work and improvise it for better understanding.
- Integration: Online plagiarism checkers can be integrated with your MS Word, Open Office, Google Docs, Scrivener, and Google Chrome so that one can upload files and edit them easily. The integration support is especially advantageous when you can quickly run a scan for detecting plagiarism in a text as all you have to do is copy-paste the content and you receive instant matches.
- Accurate & Instant Result: Free plagiarism detector tool as well as paid ones use advanced algorithms to cross-examine thousands of words within seconds. This is much easier, and timesaving as compared to a labor-intensive manual process that also delivers instant results. Whether you directly copy-paste or upload a document, match results are instantly generated.
- File upload options: Mobile, tablet, or computer, all these devices let you install varied storage apps based-on your convenience. Online plagiarism checking tools also give you support by giving you the convenience of uploading files from any storage app.
- Collusion checking: Collusion checking scans write-ups to ensure that the content is not plagiarized from previous documents written on a similar topic. Often there are several articles written and published by different authors on one single topic. Additionally, you can create your own database using this feature to store articles, documents, and journals that have been written on your chosen topic.
- Plagiarism prevention pool: Universities too need to make sure that documents submitted by students and research scholars are authentic and not already published anywhere else. The plagiarism prevention pool is the exact way too to ascertain that the submitted article isn't published anywhere else.
- Quick notifications: Be notified every time a new plagiarism report is generated. All analysis done so far gets recorded and immediate notifications are sent to inform the end user. Plagiarism detection software supports multiple file formats and languages to ensure that plagiarism can be detected with accuracy.
- Document privacy: Original writing is a lot of hard work. Online plagiarism detection software maintains data and document privacy by encrypting every document transfer. Moreover, removed files get deleted completely and no data is shared without the user's permission.
- Whitelisting: Plagiarism software allows users to opt for either external sources such as websites or internal database resources for checking plagiarized content. You can also whitelist the source that you would want to exclude for checking content duplicity.
- Security: Articles, write-ups are most of the time written with a lot of hard work. Then there may be confidential documents, which need to be cross-checked. Plagiarism software gives you full control over all your data so that you can manage document files without worrying about their security.
- Firefox and chrome extensions: With plagiarism checking software, you can have your text quickly checked by downloading the extension tools of your browser. Once downloaded, it helps you check plagiarism content effortlessly. All you have to do is click on the extension icon and start scanning files for content duplication.
- Convenient to export files: A plagiarism report generated by plagiarism checking software can also be exported from MS Word, PDF or other formats. Authors and writers do this to work offline.
- Identifying obfuscation for authentic content: The internet is full of suggestions when it comes to applying techniques to avoid detection by online plagiarism checkers. For instance, replacing certain words in your copy is a common practice adopted to escape plagiarism.
There are many such obfuscation techniques that one may see with the naked eye, it may not be possible for the computer to catch those. Besides duplicate content checking, plagiarism tools are equipped to catch obfuscations of all kinds.
Why Use a Plagiarism Checker?
Here are some reasons to use a plagiarism finder tool:
- The originality of an Assignment/ Research paper: In many academic institutions, it is compulsory to check the originality of the submission. With the help of research paper plagiarism checking software, you can be sure that assignments submitted by your students aren't copied from other sources.
- Avoid Lawsuits: Even unintentional duplication of someone's work could lead to some serious lawsuits. By checking your content for plagiarism, you can avoid such legal issues.
- Preventing Search engines Penalization: If you have a website, you might be aware that search engines penalize sites with duplicate content. Checking your web pages, publications, eBooks, blog posts, etc. for plagiarism can help you avoid such penalties.
- Brand safety: Duplicate content tarnishes the image of a brand. When you're running ads or publishing content for your website, make sure that your ad copies and content are unique.
- Maintaining the Credibility of your work: If you are a professional writer, editor, or journalist, the credibility of your work is of utmost importance. Any copied content in your article can lead to a loss of credibility.
- Ensuring the Authenticity of a Document: When you need to verify the authenticity of a document, plagiarism-checking software can be of great help. This is especially useful in the case of legal documents.
- Detecting Copies of your work: You can use plagiarism-checking software to find if your work is being used or published by someone else. You can get to the source of the copied content and take appropriate action.
How to Avoid Plagiarism?
You have created the entire content piece on your own, but you can’t be sure about its 100 precent authenticity. Often when you run your content through a plagiarism tool, it might show some percentage of plagiarism. One of the best ways to avoid plagiarism in your content is to get one of the best plagiarism checkers online. This will help in avoiding unintended duplicity in your content, which often happens while paraphrasing other’s ideas.
Plagiarism Detection: Tool Vs Manual Detection
|Plagiarism detector Vs Manual checking |
|Plagiarism detector ||Manual checking |
|Detects plagiarism in a matter of seconds. ||Manual checking is labour intensive and spontaneous results are difficult. |
|Quick notifications can be sent to an endless number of people in the form of report sharing. ||Creating reports of different errors and plagiarism percentage is hectic in manual process |
|Built-in data repository to create your own customised library for storing online resources. ||You can create your own separate folder in a computing device to store files. |
|The best plagiarism online detection tools give access to several website resources and journals for matching purposes. ||In manual checking, you need to search for matching content rather than fetching automatically. |
Who Benefits from Plagiarism Checker?
Plagiarism checking software is optimized as per the user’s convenience. Then there are additional features, such as grammar check, spell check, language detection, multi-lingual support, and grading systems. With such features, there are different sets of people who can benefit from plagiarism software.
- Researchers and scholars
- Editors and book publishers
- Government officials
- Medical professionals
Difference between Paid Plagiarism Checker and Free Plagiarism Checker
Here are fundamental differences between paid plagiarism checker tools and free plagiarism checker, which you need to be aware of!
|Paid Plagiarism Checker vs Free Plagiarism Checker |
|Paid Plagiarism Checker ||Free Plagiarism Checker |
|Access to an unlimited number of scans. ||Access to limited number of scans. |
|No limit on the number of words that can be uploaded for finding matching results. ||Word count is limited for checking plagiarism in one go. |
|Collusion checking available ||Collusion checking not available. |
|Support tools are available to check any unclear methods that have been used. ||This type of check is not available in free plagiarism detectors. |
|Access to database of resources for cross-checking purposes is provided. ||Database access is limited in free plagiarism checker tool. |
Things to Consider While Choosing a Plagiarism Detector Tool
There are various factors which you should consider while you are in the process of choosing a plagiarism checker software. Here are some of them.
- Pricing: You need to decide whether you need a paid or free tool. If you are a professional, it is advisable to go for a paid tool so that you can avail of all the features.
- Accuracy: The second thing that you need to consider is the accuracy of results. The plagiarism checker should be able to give you accurate results so that you can take the necessary action.
- Features: Always choose a plagiarism detector that allows you to rephrase, correct grammar, and generate citations/references of the text you have entered.
- Ease of Use: The copy detector tool must be easy to use so that you can get the results quickly and easily.
- Number of Words/Characters Allowed: The plagiarism tool should have a very high limit on the number of words or characters that can be scanned in one go. It would help you to save a lot of time while checking long research papers and guides.
Plagiarism Checker Price In India