What is Plagiarism detection tool in simple words? Plagiarism by the dictionary, means “copying another person’s words and pretending that they are your own”. Plagiarism is not considered as a major crime but may fall under the category of copyright infringement in some cases and is a major concern for educational institutions and publishing companies. Due to these reasons, there has been an increasing demand for plagiarism checker software.
Is Plagiarism a Crime in India?
Plagiarism is an offense against any author whose content has been used by others as their own. It is an unethical conduct that can make or break the search engine performance of any webpage, articles, product page, etc. If you are writing on your own, you can guarantee the authenticity of your content. But what about the times when you have to depend on another writer?
How Effective are Online Plagiarism Checkers?
It is impossible to check manually if your writer has copied the content from somewhere else or it is written by himself. This is where you should use a plagiarism detection tool. Plagiarism detection tool is extremely essential for writers, students, teachers, and business owners, who want to use original and authentic content for their projects. Online plagiarism detection is a tool that checks if the content is authentic or not
List of 15 Best Free Plagiarism Detection Tools of 2021
|Plagiarism Checker Software||Free Version||App Version||Languages Supported|
|Plagiarism Checker X||Yes||Web App & Android||English, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, French, German and Italian|
|Grammarly||Yes||Desktop app, iOS & Android||English|
|Copyscape||Yes||No||All languages except Chinese hanzi, Korean hanja and Japanese kanji|
|Ginger||Yes||iOS, Android & Chrome||Ginger Translate supports 40 plus languages|
|PlagScan Online||Free trail up to 2000 words||NA||All languages except Chinese, Korean & Japanese|
|Plagiarisma||Yes||Android||Supports 190 plus languages|
|Dupli Checker Plagiarism||Yes||Android||All major global languages|
|Turnitin Software||Yes||iOS||All languages including Chinese, Korean & Japanese|
|Urkund||Yes||Web App||Any language which is Unicode compliant and supports Cyrillic characters|
|iThenticate||Free trial||No||Detects plagiarism in 30 plus languages|
|CopyLeaks||Yes||Android and iOS||100+ languages|
|Quetext||Yes||Not Available||English & other foreign languages|
|Plagium||Yes||Not Available||Support for non-English languages|
Continue reading to know the list of most known and used plagiarism checker software:
Plagiarism Checker X
Plagiarism Checker X is one of the best plagiarism detection tool available in the market because of its diverse features. It is a content scanning tool that helps you identify the level of plagiarism in documents like assignments, reports and articles. The software has a huge number of users around the globe, as it is extremely cost effective and reliable to use.
Key features of Plagiarism Checker X:
- Scans your documents up to 16 billion web pages across multiple search engines.
- It can locate copied content easily and you can get a side-by-side window to do the comparison.
- Supports bulk-cross comparisons which means that you can analyze multiple documents to determine their originality within single or multiple repositories.
- It can cross-examine up to 20,000 words within one second accurately.
- Your submitted content is not stored or uploaded anywhere. So, it is extremely safe and secure in every sense.
- Supports 7 languages, i.e. English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch and Portuguese.
Pricing: Plagiarism Checker X Pro is available at Rs 2880 per annum and the Plagiarism Checker X Business plan is available at Rs 10580 per annum on Techjockey.
Word Limit Per Search: No limit for the number of words
Free Version: Yes (Trial Version)
Plagiarism Checker X App: Web &Android
Languages Supported: English, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, French, German and Italian
Grammarly plagiarism checker lets you know whether your content is copied or not. Grammarly has a premium version which also detects the content that requires citations and provides an appropriate resource to give credits to the content, wherever needed. It is a free plagiarism checker for teachers, students and many more.
Key features of Grammarly:
- It gives feedback on word choice and tone.
- Corrects grammar and spelling errors.
- Compatible with MS word and outlook
- Available as a browser extension for Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- Comes with a native app for MAC users.
- Supports social media and email platforms as well.
- It can be used be college students, bloggers and content marketers.
Grammarly Plagiarism Detector Pricing: Grammarly online Premium plan is available for Rs 2250 per month. However, you can get Grammarly subscription for a year at just Rs 11250 with the Business plan available on Techjockey.
Word Limit Per Search: No limit for the number of words
Plagiarism Detector Free Version: Yes (Free Browser Extension) for grammar check only
Grammarly Plagiarism Checker App: Desktop app, iOS & Android
Languages Supported: English
Copyscape plagiarism checker can be used by just entering the URL of your content or you can also use the inbuilt Siteliner. It can also check how much of your content has been copied from other websites. Copyscape is an interesting tool, it not only tells you about the copied content on your page, but also shows you where your content has been copied.
Key features of Copyscape:
- It can send notifications by email whenever your content is copied.
- It comes with a WordPress plugin.
- Its premium version can check up to 10,000 pages.
- It can also allow you to create a ‘private index’ so that whenever any new content is generated into the system, it will go for a plagiarism check automatically.
Pricing: Copyscape pricing is minimal with 3 cents per search around 200 words, and then you will be deducted 1 cent for every extra 100 words.
Word Limit Per Search: Up to 2K words per search for offline content
Free Version: Yes (for online content only)
Copyscape Plagiarism Checker App: NoLanguages Supported: All languages except Chinese hanzi, Korean hanja and Japanese kanji.
Ginger develops a plagiarism checker that helps people communicate more efficiently through mobile as well as desktop devices. They use statistical algorithms in conjunction with patented Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology to contextually understand the text and intention. You can upload your text or document and it will automatically correct any spelling mistake, grammar mistake and misused words.
Key features of Ginger:
- Built with the patent-pending technology to fix your document.
- Consists of a spell checker which will help you in correcting spelling mistakes.
- It is a grammar checker that will fix a vast range of grammatical errors, typos and wrong usage of words.
- Has the feature of instant proofreading where your errors will be highlighted side by side.
Pricing: Ginger is available for Rs 7048 per annum for one user, and Rs 54983 per annum for 10 users at Techjockey.
Word Limit Per Search: Helps check only small paragraphs per search
Free Version: Yes
Ginger Plagiarism Checker App: iOS, Android & Chrome
Languages Supported: Ginger Translate supports 40 plus languages
Almost 1 million documents are tested on Plagscan every year. It is an advanced plagiarism detection tool suitable for single users, students, and even large businesses. It is extremely time efficient and you can get the results within seconds as you can compare, scan and upload simultaneously on the Plagscan.
Key features of Plagscan:
- It can scan multiple webpages by just using the URL.
- Supports a variety of languages.
- Offers API integration.
- It has its own Plagiarism Prevention Tools.
- With its servers located in Germany, it keeps your data extremely secure.
- Provides structured reports facilitating authentic checking.
Pricing: PlagScan plagiarism tool pricing starts at around 419 on Techjockey and supports up to 26 pages or 6500 words.
Word Limit Per Search: Depends on your PlagScan plan’s maximum word limit
PlagScan Plagiarism Software Free Version: Free trail up to 2000 words
PlagScan Plagiarism Check App: NA
Languages Supported: All languages except, Korean, Chinese and Japanese.
Plagiarisma is a free plagiarism detection tool that can identify copied content mainly in your essays, research papers, coursework, and dissertation. Since it is available online, it is platform independent.
Key features of Plagiarisma:
- Works on multiple platforms like Windows, Android, Blackberry, Moodle and the web.
- Supports various platforms like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Scholar.
- Helps with search engine optimization
- It can support various file formats including Word, PDF, HTML, TXT, XLS, PPTX and many more.
- Support up to 190 languages.
- It can be used offline in Windows.
Pricing: It’s a free plagiarism detection software, which provides the premium referral amount of $5 (around Rs 380).
Word Limit Per Search: 2000 characters with the free plan; Premium plan has no text size limit
Free Version: Yes, there is a free plagiarism software for Plagiarisma
Plagiarisma Check App: Android, it also supports Windows, Moodle and Web
Languages Supported: Supports 190 plus languages
Duplichecker is an absolutely free tool. It is the best plagiarism checker if you don’t want to invest in a software because all its feature are available online free of cost. Since it is available online, it can be used on any platform, at any time, from any part of the world. It is a free tool great for SEO and it comes with text analysis tools, website management tools, keyword research tools and SEO backlinks tools.
Key features of Duplichecker:
- You can check your content with Duplichecker by pasting your text in the search bar, with a maximum of 1000 words per search.
- You can also check your content by uploading your documents using the browse button.
- It provides paraphrasing and grammar checking tools as well.
- Apart from removing plagiarism online, you can also compare the copied content with the source content simultaneously.
Anti Plagiarism Software Pricing: It’s a free plagiarism detection tool
Word Limit Per Search: 1000 words limit per search
Free Version: Yes, there is a free plagiarism software for Dupli Checker
Dupli Checker App: Android
Turnitin Plagiarism Checker
Turnitin software has the largest collection of academic and all forms of content on the internet to check for even the slightest possibility of academic misconduct and content duplicity. It is widely used by academic professionals to ensure content originality and ensure the educational excellence. Further, the feedback and grading features empower students to take up any new content task with confidence.
Features of Turnitin Online Plagiarism Checker:
- Instant analysis of content originality with citations and sources
- Duplicity results presented in a simple format
- Also helps with grammar and spelling checks
- Provides suggestions for better word usage
- WriteCheck by Turnitin also provides the similarity score
Online Plagiarism Checker Pricing: Turnitin charges around Rs 2300 per student per year.
Word Limit Per Search: NA
Free Version: Scribbr by Turnitin is a free plagiarism recover tool for students.
Turnitin Plagiarism Check App: iOS
Languages Supported: Multiple languages, including Chinese, Japanese & Korean
Urkund Plagiarism Checker
Urkund’s anti-plagiarism tool helps detect and prevent plagiarism across multiple languages. As soon as you submit a document for plagiarism detection, Urkund online plagiarism detection starts retrieving all possible sources to provide an analysis overview. With machine learning capabilities, Urkund detects the degree of matches, paraphrasing, and more across different languages.
Features of Urkund:
- It checks for plagiarism in study materials, published materials and internet sources
- Provides relevant matches for plagiarism with higher accuracy
- Ensures complete data security and allows you to create a secure content database
- Unmatched uptime and analysis delivery speed
Urkund Plagiarism Checker Software Pricing: It provides free guides and cheat sheets for students; Urkund pricing can be requested on the official website.
Word Limit Per Search: NA
Urkund Anti Plagiarism Software Free Version: Most of the university students in India have free access to Urkund software.
Urkund Plagiarism Checker App: Web app
Languages Supported: Any language which is Unicode compliant and supports Cyrillic characters.
iThenticate Plagiarism Detection Software
This is one of the most trusted plagiarism detection platforms by researchers, scholars and publishers. It provides extensive reports that include the most relevant matches for content duplicity from across the 70+ billion web pages, whether current or archived. Whether you are a media publisher, government organization or the part of the legal, financial or HR team, you can ensure higher reputation of your organization with iThenticate.
Features of iThenticate Plagiarism Detector:
- You can start easily by buying credits as per your needs
- It screens content submissions for duplicity with higher uptime
- Provides the most critical matches in minutes
- Detailed reports to detect sources of plagiarism.
Pricing: iThenticate pricing plans available on request at the official website.
Word Limit Per Search: Doesn’t support files with more than 800 pages in one go
Free Version: You can opt for iThenticate free trial
iThenticate Plagiarism Checker App: Supports only Windows 7 and higher & Mac OS
Languages Supported: Detects plagiarism in 30 plus languages
Now you will be able to detect if the content that you have is original or copied within seconds. If you are a teacher, student or an online business owner, this list of the best plagiarism tool will be extremely beneficial to you.
The Best Free Plagiarism Detection Tools
In addition to the paid online plagiarism checker options mentioned above, there are some free online plagiarism detection tool also available. Free plagiarism detector options come in handy when you are running short on time and want to quickly traverse databases to check plagiarism. They are also suitable for those who might not be able to afford paid solutions such as students writing research papers. The plagiarism checking software list is as follows:
CopyLeaks Plagiarism Detector
CopyLeaks plagiarism software makes use of artificial intelligence-based tools to detect plagiarised content in your document. This plagiarism detection tool also detects paraphrased content and generates a comprehensive report detailing similar texts, percentage of original content and much more.
Features of CopyLeaks Free Online Plagiarism Checker With Percentage
- CopyLeaks checks your documents against numerous online articles, blogs and other sources and also against private databases, making it one of the best plagiarism checkers.
- The plagiarism detection software is also suitable for grading long essays and examinations.
- This free plagiarism remover tool consists of open-source APIs and offers integration with Google docs, MS word, etc.
- Not only text, this anti-plagiarism software also offers protection against code copying.
- It offers support for different file formats such as PDF, HTML, DOCX and more
Pricing of CopyLeaks Plagiarism Check App: The best online plagiarism checker allows checking 10 pages per month for free. If you want more than that, you can choose from the below plans:
- For academic use- starting at ₹674.61 per month for scanning 1200 pages per month.
- For business use- starting at ₹613.48 per month for scanning 1200 pages per month.
Plagiarism Software Free Word Limit Per Search: This advanced plagiarism checker has a word limit of 2.5k words.
Free Version: Yes
CopyLeaks Online Plagiarism Checker App: Available for Android and iOS
Languages Supported: Support for 100+ languages.
Quetext free online plagiarism checker has an easy to use interface, suitable for the user to paste their document and check plagiarism. This plagiarism detector is especially useful for students as it consists of a citation generator and helps them know the academic resources from which their thesis or paper might be plagiarised. The plagiarism software also has a color grading scheme to identify exact and similar matches.
Quetext Plagiarism Checker Software Features
- This free online plagiarism checker with percentage has deep search technology, enabling it to make detailed searches.
- Quetext, one of the best plagiarism checkers, consists of a snippet box which shows only that portion of the text that has been plagiarized.
- In addition to online published articles, you can even compare news articles for plagiarism.
- Quetext plagiarism detection software offers a quick search result option for letting users compare large numbers of databases in a shorter duration of time.
Pricing of Quetext Anti-Plagiarism Software:Quetext free plagiarism detection tool is available at free of cost. It also offers a pro version at ₹735.74 per month.
Plagiarism Software Free Word Limit: This plagiarism check app has a word limit of 2.5k words.
Free Version: Yes
Quetext Best Online Plagiarism Checker App: Not Available
Languages Supported: Support for different foreign languages such as Dutch, French, English, French.
PaperRater free online plagiarism checker with percentage with no word limit offers fast and accurate results from databases across the internet. In addition to being an advanced plagiarism checker, PaperRater is also useful for correcting grammatical mistakes. It also has a feature of originality score which denotes how much of your paper is based on original content.
PaperRater Plagiarism Checker 2000 Words Features
- Counted amongst the leading software in the plagiarism checking software list, PaperRater offers cloud-based support for removing typos through algos based on machine learning.
- The plagiarism checker 2000 words free version runs round the clock and offers results almost instantaneously.
- PaperRateronline plagiarism checker requires no login or sign ups.
- It includes modules for improving the quality of your write ups, suggesting sentences to remove and ranking your vocabulary usage.
- The free online plagiarism checker has an auto grader module that provides a score to your essays and write ups.
Pricing of PaperRater Plagiarism Detector: PaperRater offers a free version for use. It also offers a premium version at ₹825.58 per month.
PaperRater Plagiarism Software Word Limit:The software has no word limit as such. With the free version, you can check plagiarism of 5 pages per submission.
Free Version: Yes
PaperRater Plagiarism Checker Software App: No
Languages Supported: PaperRater only provides support for English language.
Plagium free online plagiarism checker with percentage offers a distinct service for assessing your documents, text, URL, etc. Recently, Plagium has also come up with a google doc add on for better plagiarism detection, thus making it one of the best plagiarism checkers.
Features of Plagium Plagiarism Detection Software
- This free plagiarism remover tool offers quick results, appearing almost in real time.
- Plagium anti plagiarism software has a sophisticated search option called deep search.
- The free online plagiarism checker with percentage with no word limit supports easy uploading of documents such as Word, PDF, etc.
- It also offers seamless integration with Google drive.
- Plagium plagiarism software free version has an API that compares documents and assigns to it a score.
Pricing of Plagium Plagiarism Check App: Plagium offers a free version for users. It offers two paid plans- prepaid starting from ₹300 and a monthly plan starting from ₹580.
Plagium Best Online Plagiarism Checker Word Limit: 1000 characters
Free Version: Yes
Plagium Plagiarism Checker 2000 Words App: Not Available
Languages Supported: Support for different foreign languages
Plagly plagiarism checker 2000 words free version compares your document against billions of databases existing on the net to give you accurate results. In addition to academics, the tool is also suitable for SEO professionals. It also doubles up as a proofreading tool for correcting grammatical errors.
Features of Plagly Advanced Plagiarism Checker
- It instantly highlights the sections which have been plagiarized from published content.
- Plagly offers a competitive plagiarism detection tool which updates itself almost each day.
- Plagly features amongst the best in the plagiarism checking software list as it doubles up as a SEO improvement tool, increasing your site’s visibility.
- Plagly language processing algorithms make sure that your documents are sans any grammatical mistakes.
Pricing of Plagly Online Plagiarism Checker: Plagly is a free online plagiarism checker.
Plagly Plagiarism Detector Word Limit: NA
Free Version: Yes
Plagly Plagiarism Software App: Android
Languages Supported: Support for more than 20 languages.