Plagiarism, by the dictionary, means “copying another person’s words and pretending that they are your own”. Plagiarism is not considered as a major crime but may fall under the category of copyright infringement in some cases, and is a major concern for educational institutions and publishing companies. Due to these reasons, there has been an increasing demand for Plagiarism Checker Software.
Plagiarism is an offense against any author whose content has been used by others as their own. If you are writing on your own, you can guarantee the authenticity of your content. But what about the times when you have to depend on another writer?
It is impossible to check manually if your writer has copied the content from somewhere else or it is written by himself. This is where you should use a plagiarism checker software. A plagiarism checker software is extremely essential for writers, students, teachers, and business owners, who want to use original and authentic content for their projects. Plagiarism checker is a tool that checks if the content is authentic or not.
List of Best Plagiarism Checker Software of 2019
Continue reading to know the list of most known and used plagiarism checker software:
Plagiarism Checker X
Plagiarism Checker X is one of the best plagiarism checker software available in the market because of its diverse features. It is a content scanning tool that helps you identify the level of plagiarism in documents like assignments, reports and articles. The software has a huge number of users around the globe, as it is extremely cost effective and reliable to use.
- Scans your documents up to 16 billion web pages across multiple search engines.
- It can locate copied content easily and you can get a side-by-side window to do the comparison.
- Supports bulk-cross comparisons which means that you can analyze multiple documents to determine their originality within single or multiple repositories.
- It can cross-examine up to 20,000 words within one second accurately.
- Your submitted content is not stored or uploaded anywhere. So, it is extremely safe and secure in every sense.
- Supports 7 languages, i.e. English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch and Portuguese.
Grammarly plagiarism checker lets you know whether your content is copied or not. Grammarly has a premium version which also detects the content that requires citations and provides an appropriate resource to give credits to the content, wherever needed. It is a free plagiarism checker for teachers, students and many more.
- It gives feedback on word choice and tone.
- Corrects grammar and spelling errors.
- Compatible with MS word and outlook
- Available as a browser extension for Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- Comes with a native app for MAC users.
- Supports social media and email platforms as well.
- It can be used be college students, bloggers and content marketers.
Copyscape can be used by just entering the URL of your content or you can also use the inbuilt Siteliner. It can also check how much of your content has been copied from other websites. Copyscape is an interesting tool, it not only tells you about the copied content on your page, but also shows you where your content has been copied.
- It can send notifications by email whenever your content is copied.
- It comes with a WordPress plugin.
- Its premium version can check up to 10,000 pages.
- It can also allow you to create a ‘private index’ so that whenever any new content is generated into the system, it will go for a plagiarism check automatically.
Ginger develops a plagiarism checker that helps people communicate more efficiently through mobile as well as desktop devices. They use statistical algorithms in conjunction with patented Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology to contextually understand the text and intention. You can upload your text or document and it will automatically correct any spelling mistake, grammar mistake and misused words.
- Built with the patent-pending technology to fix your document.
- Consists of a spell checker which will help you in correcting spelling mistakes.
- It is a grammar checker that will fix a vast range of grammatical errors, typos and wrong usage of words.
- Has the feature of instant proofreading where your errors will be highlighted side by side.
Almost 1 million documents are tested on Plagscan every year. It is an advanced plagiarism checker software suitable for single users, students, and even large businesses. It is extremely time efficient and you can get the results within seconds as you can compare, scan and upload simultaneously on the Plagscan.
- It can scan multiple webpages by just using the URL.
- Supports a variety of languages.
- Offers API integration.
- It has its own Plagiarism Prevention Tools.
- With its servers located in Germany, it keeps your data extremely secure.
- Provides structured reports facilitating authentic checking.
Plagiarisma is a free plagiarism checker tool that can identify copied content mainly in your essays, research papers, coursework, and dissertation. Since it is available online, it is platform independent.
- Works on multiple platforms like Windows, Android, Blackberry, Moodle and the web.
- Supports various platforms like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Scholar.
- Helps with search engine optimization
- It can support various file formats including Word, PDF, HTML, TXT, XLS, PPTX and many more.
- Support up to 190 languages.
- It can be used offline in Windows.
Duplichecker is an absolutely free tool. It is the best plagiarism checker if you don’t want to invest in a software because all its feature are available online free of cost. Since it is available online, it can be used on any platform, at any time, from any part of the world. It is a free tool great for SEO and it comes with text analysis tools, website management tools, keyword research tools and SEO backlinks tools.
- You can check your content with Duplichecker by pasting your text in the search bar, with a maximum of 1000 words per search.
- You can also check your content by uploading your documents using the browse button.
- It provides paraphrasing and grammar checking tools as well.
- Apart from removing plagiarism online, you can also compare the copied content with the source content simultaneously.
Now you will be able to detect if the content that you have is original or copied within seconds. If you are a teacher, student or an online business owner, this list of the best plagiarism tool will be extremely beneficial to you.