Bug tracking is the process of capturing bugs in a software and managing the data of all bugs till date. The aim of any bug tracking tools is to maintain high product quality and report any issue which might lead to process discrepancy at any stage.
What are Bug Tracking Tools?
With the help of bug tracking tools, network administrators can monitor all activities within a network’s hardware infrastructure. A robust defect tracking tools or issue tracker is important to track defects in a product at the initial stage to fix them.
The bug tracking system works by inspecting, testing and recording any defect in the system to make subsequent upgrades. Defect tracking tools are not just used for tracking software bugs. Along with the best software bug tracking tools, there are options for free issue tracking system and project development too.
Benefits of Using Bug Tracking System for Manual/Automation Testing
Whether you opt for manual testing or automation testing, free bug tracking tools can be useful to execute test cases. Free defect management tools are important to enhance the software quality while saving time and money.
- Traceability to Failed Tests
An integrated bug tracker system is important to trace specific failed test cases, so that required actions can be taken to make fixes accordingly.
- Reduced Development Costs
As soon as you recognize repetitive issues in your product, the bug can be fixed completely. Thus, your development team can focus on high priority bugs and enhance their productivity with the best bug tracker system.
- Enhanced Collaboration & Team Work
Defect tracking tools play a critical role in enhancing communication between the team members working towards fixing bugs and discovering applications.
- Comprehending Defect Trends
A bug tracking system helps engineers keep track of issues in the past, and create a bug-free environment with high-quality products.
- Enhanced Customer Satisfaction
Defect management tools are critical to resolve issues in your product or website at the early stage and deliver enhanced service to customers.
List of 10 Best Bug Tracking Tools in 2020
- Mantis Bug Tracker
- Zoho BugTracker
- Kualitee Defect Tracking Tool
- Polyspace Bug Finder
- The Bug Genie
Best Open Source Bug Tracking Tools to Cut Down IT Costs
- Bugzilla Bug Tracking Tool
- Mantis Bug Tracker
- Zoho BugTracker
When you are working on software development, finding bugs on a day-to-day basis is inevitable. Defect management tools can help in quickly discovering defect patterns and fixing bugs. However, if budget is a concern, you can opt for open source bug tracking tools. Now check best bug tracking softwares available.
Bugzilla Bug Tracking Tool
Bugzilla is one of the best online bug tracking tools, which is used by project managers for the bug and issue management. It also provides an advanced dashboard for keeping all your automated charts and reports in an organized manner. Bugzilla helps with duplicate bug detection and time tracking and allows mentioning notes for a bug so that the team can work on it.
- The best issue tracking software custom prefixes and filters
- Complex search algorithm
- Custom bug list formats
- Duplicate detection system
- High security layers to keep bugs away
Cost to Upgrade: It’s an open source bug tracker tool, and all its features are available for free.
Redmine open source bug tracking tool is compatible with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL, and SQLite. It supports more than 34 languages to help software developers and project managers prevent bugs from affecting the product quality.
- This best bug tracking software helps manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Controlled access based on user roles
- The online bug tracking tool ensures agile project management with calendar and Gantt chart reporting
- State of the art issue tracking solution
Cost to Upgrade: This is an open source bug tracking tool with free access.
Mantis Bug Tracker
MantisBT is one of the most popular bug trackers, which is ideal to manage larger projects with efficiency. It provides user-based access control, which you can change as per the project requirement. Other features of this popular free bug tracking software are customizable issue fields and workflows.
- With custom plugins, it helps enjoy personalized functionality
- Runs on any platform owing to the PHP support
- Reports with custom monitoring and tagging
- RSS feeds to manage live data
Cost to Upgrade: The SaaS version of Mantis BT starts at Rs 345 per month to help you manage one project with up to five users for this free bug tracking tool online.
Zoho BugTracker is a best bug tracking software suite. It includes a free bug trakker, which is ideal to find defects and address them in real time. Up to five users can work on the same project using Zoho free bug tracker tool. It is ideal for software developers who need to resolve issues immediately to maintain the quality.
- Custom filters to help you manage critical issues on priority
- Custom bug management cycles to ensure smooth bug tracking
- Helps generate tickets and provides reports for developers to understand recurring bugs
- Automated notifications for the users to fix issues in real time
Price to Upgrade: Its standard plans starts at Rs 140 per user per month for up to 10 users.
Top 6 Free Issue Tracking Systems for Fixing Defects & Issues
- Jira Free Issue Tracking System
- Kualitee Defect Tracking Tool
- Polyspace Bug Finder
- The Bug Genie
You can invest in these free bug tracking tools to enhance your project performance and quality.
Jira Bug Tracking Tool
Jira bug tracking tool helps software developers in tracking and managing bugs and ensures a smooth product development cycle. It further helps assign bugs to project members and prioritize them for timely resolution of issues. Also, notifications are sent to relevant project managers as soon as a bug is identified.
- You can create an issue by adding all important details
- Helps track issues like software bug or any bug in the project task
- Ticket-based bug assignment with keystrokes
- Helps prioritize bugs and issues as per the severity
- Software engineers can resolve bug from the Jira ticket by creating a new branch in source code management tool.
Price to Upgrade: Jira free issue tracking system is free for up to 10 users and you need to pay Rs 500 for its Standard plan, which includes up to 5,000 users.
ReQtest is a cloud-based bug tracking software that provides real-time updates on any bug identified during the software testing process. It’s a defect tracking tools which helps users work on test cases from the planning to the execution. This is one of the best bug reporting tools, which provides the single page and grouped view of bugs in real-time.
- It helps review and prioritize requirements and changes instantly
- Supports agile test case management with actionable insights
- Provides visual presentation of bug reports
- You can also add images and videos on bug reports
- It facilitates integration with Jira.
Price to Upgrade: Its package for small teams with up to 10 users is available at Rs 712 per user. And, you can get the license for unlimited users at Rs 3,206 per user.
Kualitee Defect Tracking Tool
Kualitee defect tracking tool works by categorising defects or bugs as per their specific workflows. This website bugs reporting tools further assists in analysing that the defects are logged correctly to apply test suites. You can add action, date and a short description for every bug to make it easy for the users to take immediate steps.
- It allows you to add or delete defects at any stage of the project
- The software saves all previous test suites for specific projects
- Also, you can match the best test cases with a particular defect
- It promotes individual and group progress tracking
- Facilitates seamless integration with other testing tools, such as, Jira and Bugzilla.
Price to Upgrade: While its Community plan is free for 1 to 3 users,it allows you to work only on one project at a time. To manage the quality of unlimited projects simultaneously, you can opt for the Silver Plan of this website bugs reporting tools at Rs 3200 per month.
Polyspace Bug Finder
Polyspace Bug Finder helps identity bugs using static analysis. It identifies run-time errors and any vulnerability in terms of security. Polyspace bug tracking software further helps with analysing software control and fixing bugs in software development early on. It highlights defects as soon as they are tracked to provide real-time resolution.
- Helps get into the root cause of every bug
- Its configured for all run-time environment
- Helps manage the software quality
- It automates code analysis.
Price to Upgrade: Request a call back to get customized quotes and free online demo.
The Bug Genie
Bug Genie free defect management tools are a complete best issue tracking software tool, which helps with defect management. Its easy to use web interface helps with defect management and ensures agile project management. This website and backlog bug tracking software integrates seamlessly with popular SCM systems to ensure hassle-free project creation and completion.
- This best issue tracking software helps with complete project hierarchy
- Separate project spaces to manage issues, wikis, files,
- Issue-related actions are available with a single click
- Built-in Wiki
- Provisions for revisions and history
Cost to Upgrade: The free bug tracking tool online free plan is just for one project. While its Basic plan is for up to five projects and starts at Rs 922.
BugHost is one of the best bug tracking solutions to help project managers across all major industries.
- High volume enterprise-wide licensing
- Helps manage multiple defects in a project
- Allows choosing from a variety of notifications
Cost to Upgrade: Its Start-up plan starts at Rs 2,066 and the Team plan is for Rs 4,204.
FAQs on Bug Tracking Tools
- What's the difference between bug tracking tools and defect tracking tools?
Bug tracking tools can be understood as a subsidiary of defect tracking tools. Bug tracking specifically helps you to figure out the discrepancies in your code, whereas defect tracking tool is meant for finding out general issues such as that in design, workflow or even those issues that might crop up once the code has been made live.
- What factors to consider while comparing bug tracking tools?
One of the major factors impacting selection of the appropriate bug tracking system is your team size. If your organisation has a large team, then you need a powerful solution that can help different teammates to effectively collaborate on the same project. A small sized team can very well make do with a humble solution.
One other factor to consider is that whether you want to incorporate it in the development process or use it straightaway for bug tracking. You also have to consider whether the bug tracking tool integrates well with your existing solutions or not.
- Who can use bug tracking tools?
A bug tracking system can be used by web developers, people working in digital marketing, web analysts and such relevant roles.
- Is Jira a bug tracking tool?
Yes Jira is a bug tracking tool to detect any unwarranted bugs that might crop up in the software development cycle. It is also a useful tool for managing different stages of software development, right from backlog regulation uptil release management.
- Is Bugzilla a free bug tracking tool?
Bugzilla is a web based tool which can be installed directly on your server easily. It is a completely free bug tracker.
Ready to Invest in a Bug Tracker Software or Issue Tracking Tool? Here’s what to do next… Keep a track of your popular bug and project tracking frequency. Also, look for something which makes it easy to maintain a full History of bug status changes and issue updates. At the end, website bug finder should assist with agile project delivery and team collaboration.