Call recorder iPhone apps are most useful when you want to go over an important call several times. Best call recorder for iPhone also comes in handy when you want to train your customer support staff or want to keep a note of important details from clients.
Apple phones boast of military grade security and in line with this, iPhones don’t have a preinstalled voice call recorder app. This is also done as a free call recorder might violate privacy of individuals.
It is suggested that you use a third-party mobile call recorder app for iPhone. Here, we have listed some of the best call recorder iPhone apps.
15 Best Free Call Recorders for iPhone in 2022
|Best Call Recording Software||Best For|
|Rev Call Recorder||Unlimited recording and transcribing official calls|
|Google Voice||Record calls for business purposes|
|TapeACall Pro||Record a substantial number of calls daily|
|Call Recorder App for iPhone by Profuse||Remotely access all the recorded calls|
|Call Recorder iCall||Record call regularly without compromising quality|
|Call Recorder Lite||Easily export and share call recordings on texting and social media platforms|
|Call Recorder – IntCall||Record international calls|
|NoNotes Call Recorder||Record Sales calls in bulk and taking interviews|
|Automatic Call Recorder by Arun Nair||Edit and share recorded calls|
|CallRec Lite||Record long duration calls with high quality|
|Call Recorder for iPhone||Record important calls and taking voice notes|
|Call Recorder VoIP||Record VoIP calls on WhatsApp and other third party apps|
|iRec Call Recorder for iPhone||Quickly Record Call with start-stop button|
|CallTap Phone Call Recorder||Secured call recording for business and official use|
|Cally||Unlimited call recording and sharing|
Rev Call Recorder
Rating on the App Store: 4.4/5
Rev Call Recorder is one of the best call recorders for iPhone in India. With Rev Call Recorder, there is no cap on the duration of the call to be recorded. This free call recording app for iPhone, helps record incoming as well as outgoing calls.
Unique Features of Rev Call Recorder
- In app transcription: With Rev call recorder, you can transcribe your calls as the app can convert any audio to text.
- Multiple sharing available: Recordings generated by this iPhone app can be shared on email, Dropbox etc.
- No Ads: Rev Call Recorder steers clear of disturbing ads, allowing you to easily record calls.
- High quality recording: Rev Call Recorder offers high quality playback without any call merging.
- Timestamps: While getting your calls transcribed in Rev Call Recorder, you can add timestamps to the transcription.
Rev Call Recorder Free Version: It’s a completely free call recorder app for iPhone
Rev Call Recorder Pricing: Rev Call Recorder, one of the best call recording apps for iPhone, is available for free download.
Rev Call Recorder Compatibility: iOS 10.0 or Later
Download Link from App Store
Rating on the App Store: 4/5
Google Voice is one of the best free call recorders for iPhone and it lets you record calls without compromising on the audio quality. With Google Voice, you can manage other phone functionalities such as creating call logs and blocking unwanted calls.
Unique Features of Google Voice
- Syncing across devices: Google Voice can be synced across devices so that you can access the app from anywhere.
- Personalized settings: You can choose settings for forwarded calls, text messages and voicemail.
- Powerful search: Google Voice provides a powerful search option to track past call recordings.
- Transcription: This app provides transcription services and the transcribed document can be read in the app or sent to your inbox.
- Safely backed up: All data created on Google voice is backed up in a secure manner.
Google Voice Free Version: It allows free calls, texts and voice mails.
Google Voice App Pricing: Google Voice call is a free call recorder app for iPhone and can be downloaded easily from the app store.
Google Voice App Compatibility: iOS 13.0 or later
Download Link from App Store
Rating on App Store: 4.2/5
TapeACall Pro free call recorder for iPhone lets you record ongoing calls and then safely store or share them. Recorded calls are stored on TapeACall server and can be viewed as soon as the call ends. The audio call recorder app lets you record both incoming and outgoing calls.
Unique Features of TapeACall App
- Unlimited voice recordings: Using TapeACall Pro voice call recorder, you can create and store unlimited voice recordings.
- Easy sharing of recordings: TapeACall free call recording app for iPhone lets you share your call recordings through SMS or via your social media handles (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Converting recordings to MP3 version: Once this mobile call recorder has stored a file, you can send the file’s MP3 version to yourself.
- Easy uploading of call recordings: This app lets you easily upload your call recordings to Dropbox, Google Drive and other such apps.
- Attaching labels to recordings: With TapeACall call recorder iPhone app, you can label your recordings so that it becomes easier to find them in the future.
TapeACall Free Version: Allows listening to a recording for the first 60 seconds only.
TapeACall Pro App Pricing: The premium version of TapeACall procall recorder for iPhone costs ₹1498.50 a year.
TapeACall Pro Compatibility: iOS 11.2 or later.
Download Link from App Store
Call Recorder App for iPhone by Profuse
Rating on App Store: 4.3/5
It is one of the most popular call recording apps for iPhone free, which can be used for recording calls for business as well as professional use. Using this free call recorder for iPhone, you can record outgoing, incoming, local and international calls in quick steps.
Unique Features of Call Recorder App for iPhone
- No limit on duration of calls: This free call recorder app for iPhone allows recording of calls for unlimited duration.
- Secure saving of recordings: Call Recorder App for iPhone by Profuse allows easy storing of recordings on your device as well as to the cloud.
- Download recordings in MP3 format: You can download recordings created in this app in MP3 format on your device.
- Enhanced customer support: Call recorder app audio call recorder provides better customer support to users in case of a grievance
- Regular updates: The app keeps adding new features to ensure high quality call recordings on your iPhone.
Call Recorder App Free Version: Call Recorder App for iPhone offers a free version which lasts for 7 days.
Call Recorder App for iPhone by Profuse Pricing: You can purchase a premium version priced at one time price of ₹374.13.
Call Recorder App Compatibility: iOS 12.0 or later.
Download Link from App Store
Call Recorder iCall
Rating on App Store: 4.5/5
Call recorder iCall is a highly rated call recorder iPhone app that lets you record incoming and outgoing calls with just one tap. This is one of the best free call recording apps for iPhone that provides exceptional customer support in case of any grievances.
Unique Features of Call Recorder iCall
- Easy to use interface: With its one-click interface, you can record all calls easily.
- Access saved calls anytime: Recorded calls are saved in the app and can be accessed without hassles.
- Flexibility in making calls: With this app, you can choose to make calls through your iPhone or use of a private ID.
- No cap on duration of recorded call: The premium version of this mobile call recorder app for iPhone allows you to record a call for its entire duration.
- Making international calls: This free call recorder offers its users to make international calls using its platform.
Call Recorder iCall Free Version: Call Recorder iCall, one the best free call recorders for iPhone offers a free version for a period of 3 days.
Call Recorder iCall Pricing: After 3 days of free trial, you can buy the paid version costing ₹749.01 per week.
Call recorder iCall Compatibility: iOS 12.0 or later.
Download Link from App Store
Call Recorder Lite
Rating on App store: 4.3/5
This is one of the best call recording apps for iPhone as it directly uploads your saved call recordings to the cloud. It works on a 3-way call merge mechanism and lets you share your recorded calls via email and social media platforms.
Unique Features of Call Recorder Lite
- Recording unlimited calls: By using call recorder lite, you can record as many calls without any limitations.
- Robust controls: This app offers handy controls such as skip contents of the call forward or backward.
- Alternating playback speed: Using the rate adjustment feature, you can change the speed of your call recordings.
- Export of recordings: This app allows easy exporting of calls recorded on a device to another device.
- Regular updates: Call recorder lite releases regular updates to offer efficient services to its users.
Call Recorder Lite Free Version: Call Recorder Lite, a free call recording app for iPhone allows you to listen to the first 60 seconds of your recordings.
Call Recorder Lite Pricing: You can upgrade to the pro version priced at a onetime fee of ₹673.89.
Call Recorder Lite Compatibility: iOS 10.0 or later.
Download link from App store
Call Recorder- IntCall
Rating on App Store: 4.2/5
Call recorder- IntCall is rated as one of the best free call recorders for iPhone. This voice call recorder app records your outgoing calls and stores it locally on your phone itself. This makes your data safe as compared to other call recorder iPhone apps that store recordings on a third-party server.
Unique Features of Call Recorder IntCall
- Record national and international calls: This app lets you record national and international calls seamlessly.
- iTunes files sharing: Recorded calls on this app can be transferred to your desktop via iTunes files sharing.
- In app calling: The call recorder iphone app lets users make calls through its platform.
- Title for each recording: Users can assign different titles to each recording for easy storage
- Calls are made using VOIP server: Calls made through this app are done so on the VOIP server which provides high quality audio and leads to no extra charge
Call Recorder – IntCall Free Version: Free trial is for the first 3 days
Call Recorder IntCall Pricing: Call recorder- IntCall, one of the best call recorders for iPhone charges ₹7.50 per minute of recording.
Call Recorder IntCall Compatibility: iOS 12.0 or later.
Download link from App store
NoNotes Call Recorder
Rating on App Store: 4.5/5
What makes NoNotes call recorder one of the best call recording app for iPhone free is that you can record both the calls you make and receive and backup them to the cloud. The app allows you to share your audio files via email or social media.
Unique Features of NoNotes Call Recorder
- Transcribing calls: Call recorder by NoNotes lets you transcribe all your incoming and outgoing calls.
- Dictation: You can use this mobile call recorder app for the purpose of dictation
- High quality call recordings: Calls recorded using this app have a top-notch quality with minimum disturbance.
- Multiple sharing available: Calls recorded on one device can be shared with other devices using this audio call recorder.
- Efficient support service: The app provides enough support to its users in case of a grievance.
NoNotes Call Recorder Free Version: The app allows you to record up to 20 minutes free of cost each month.
NoNotes Call Recorder Pricing: The premium version of NoNotes call recorder, the best app for call recording in iPhone, costs ₹749.76 per month.
NoNotes Call Recorder Compatibility: iOS 11.0 or later.
Download Link from the App Store
Automatic Call Recorder by Arun Nair
Rating on App Store: 4.1/5
One of the most proficient call recorder iPhone apps – Automatic Call Recorder offers an interactive interface which can be easily used by first timers to record all their calls. This best call recorder for iPhone assures you of producing good quality audio.
Unique Features of Automatic Call Recorder
- Store recordings in categories: You can store different recordings in specific categories, making their retrieval easier.
- In app editing: This voice call recorder app offers in app editing tools to cut out portions of your recordings.
- Compatibility with Slack: This mobile call recorder works well with Slack and lets you share your created recordings.
- Speech to text recording: This audio call recorder supports speech to text recording in more than 40 languages.
- Works well with/without connectivity: Automatic call recorder allows you to record with or without internet connection.
Automatic Call Recorder Free Version: Automatic Call Recorder allows you to record calls free of cost for 3 days.
Automatic Call Recorder Pricing: The app, featuring among the best call recording apps for iPhone, is priced at ₹524.08 per week.
Automatic Call Recorder Compatibility: iOS 13.2 or later.
Download Link from App Store
Rating on App Store: 4/5
CallRec Lite call recorder for iPhone allows you to record all your calls in high quality and there is no limit to the number of calls you can record. This app works on the 3-way conference calling model.
Unique Features of CallRec Lite
- Safe storage of calls: This audio call recorder app safely stores all data on its server instead of on a third-party server.
- Easy sharing of recorded files: Using this voice call recorder app, you can email a link to your inbox and open the file on a different device
- Ability to change the title: Users can change title of a recording after it has been created on CallRec Lite app
- Multiple backup options available: Call recording can be backed up easily to apps such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Record all types of calls: CallRec Lite lets you record international and national calls.
CallRec Lite Free Version: This free call recording app for iPhone offers a free version through which you can listen to only first 60 seconds of each recording.
CallRec Lite Pricing: To listen to full length of your recordings, you have to upgrade to premium version. The cost of its premium version is ₹524.08 per month.
CallRec Lite Compatibility: iOS 9.0 or later.
Download Link from the App store
Call Recorder for iPhone
Rating on the App Store: 4.4
Call Recorder for iPhone is one of the best apps on the Apple store. It can be used for not just recording, but for also transcribing and taking voice notes of important points of the conversation. The call recorder for iPhone is most preferred for recording important voice calls for taking details.
Unique Features of Call Recorder for iPhone:
- Unlimited recording: The call recorder for iPhone allows you to record as many calls as you like. This is extremely important for recording sales and customer service calls.
- Background playback: Users can listen to call recordings while using other apps.
- Manage Recordings: Users can categorize and rename their recordings as they need it. Users can also easily search recordings with ease.
- Automated transcription: Automatically converts your voice to text without any additional charges.
- Multilingual translation: Translate your transcribed Text into multiple languages with one tap
Free Version: Call Recorder for iPhone could be used for free with limited features.
Pricing: Users can buy weekly subscription at ₹542 for premium access.
Compatibility: iOS 12.0 or later
Call Recorder VoIP
Rating on the App Store: 4.2
Call Recorder VoIP is one of the best call recorder apps for iPhone that allows you to record call with or without internet. With this app, you can also choose to transcript your recordings, share them via email and cloud sync them.
Unique Features of Call recorder VoIP
- Cloud sync: Users can sync recorded calls directly to DropBox and other online storage services
- Data privacy: Call Recorder VoIP doesn’t share users’ data with any other third party or government
- Offline/Online: You can record calls either with or without an internet connection
- Share recordings: You can share your recordings via email or another app in mp3 format
Call Recorder VoIP Free Version: The free version of Call Recorder VoIP lets you record calls for up to 2 minutes.
Call Recorder Pricing: The paid version of Call Recorder VoIP starts at Rs 775 with premium features
Compatibility: iOS 12.0 and later
iRec Call Recorder for iPhone
Rating on the App Store: 4.5/5
Record all kinds of calls, incoming, outbound or international, even when you are on another call with iRec iPhone call recorder device. The easy-to-use software lets you record calls your way, manually or automatically.
Unique Features of iRec Call Recorder for iPhone:
- International calls: iRec Call Recorder for iPhone lets you make international calls with uninterrupted connectivity.
- Transcription: You can use the app’s transcription capabilities to convert audio recordings into text format.
- Screen recording: You can also use iRec for recording screen without jailbreaks.
iRec Call Recorder for iPhone Free Version: Free download option available through a monthly fee needs to be paid on the yearly basis.
iRec Call Recorder Pricing: iRec Call is one of the best free call recorder for iPhone in India.
iRec Call Recorder Compatibility: iOS 13.0 or later.
CallTap Phone Call Recorder
Rating on the App Store: 4.2/5
Recording and transcribing calls is easy with CallTapFree call recorder for iPhone. This GDPR-compliant iPhone call recorder freely available let’s you encrypt all recordings to make them more secure. CallTap is one of the best call recorder for iPhone because it offers multi-language support in around thirty languages for transcribing recordings.
Unique Features of CallTap Phone Call recorder:
- Workflow integration: CallTap Phone Call recorder lets you export transcriptions and recordings in a storage device of your choice.
- Duration limits: There are no duration limits as such to recording outbound and inbound calls.
- Title search: In case you want to look for a recording done some time back, just type the title and CallTap would search it for you.
- Backward & forward: Backward and forward option is important for getting details about the recordings done.
- Easy sharing: Send recordings done to different storage devices for syncing them up with your current workflows.
CallTap Phone Call Recorder Free Version: The app is partially free as the number of minutes for recording calls need to be purchased.
CallTap Recorder Pricing: CallTap Recorder is free phone recording app. However, it offers in-app purchases.
CallTap Recorder Compatibility: iOS 13.0 or later.
Rating on the App Store: 3.9/5
Cally is one of the best call log managers available for iPhone and Android devices. The user-friendly software lets you not just record calls but also download and share them with other stakeholders. The best part about using this application is that it lets you record calls even while you are traveling. And all your contacts are available right there in the app for quick access.
Unique Features of Cally
- Intuitive interface: Cally has a user-friendly interface that allows users to quickly record any call. Besides, Users can find pervious recordings with ease.
- Exporting history: The iOS Call recorder lets you export call histories into CSV and XML file format.
- Call details: Cally allows its end-users access call details for all unknown callers.
- Group calls: You can make group calls with Cally using custom filters like date, time, etc.
Cally Free Version: Trial version available for only ten days.
Cally Pricing: The premium version of Cally, the best app for call recording in iPhone, costs ₹775 per month.
Cally Compatibility: iOS 8 to 14
Best Ways to Record Calls on an iPhone
There are many ways to record calls on an iPhone. Here are the three best methods:
- Use a Third-Party App
There are many third-party apps that allow you to record phone calls on your iPhone. Some of the best call recording apps for iPhone include DQ Call Recorder and TapeACall Pro.
- Use an External Recorder
If you don’t want to use an app to record your calls, you can use an external recorder. For this method, you will need to connect an external microphone or recording device to your iPhone. You can also turn on the loudspeaker and record the call through another phone’s sound recorder app.
- Use Google Voice
You can also download and use Google Voice to record your iPhone calls. To do this, simply place a call using your Google Voice number, and then record the call. this is one of the most simple ways to record calls on WhatsApp.
How to Record Call on iPhone Without App?
Recording calls on an iPhone that too without installing any app may sound impossible. But this is not the case, as you can easily record calls by following the four simple steps enlisted below. Follow these to record calls and conversations on your iPhone:
Step – 1
To record a call on iPhone without the app, you need to first select the contact for dialling. Select the number, dial it and click on the “add call” option as soon as the call gets picked up.
Step – 2
As you add a call, the contacts list would appear next to this option. Select the contact tab and from there dial your own number. Once this is done, the call would add your device’s voicebox to the conference call.
Step – 3
You will hear a beep as soon as this voicemail call gets started. Move back to the interface and select the “merge calls” option.
Step – 4
Selecting “merge calls” means you are now ready to record the current call into your voicemail. The call continues to get recorded unless one of the parties hangs up the call. The best part about this feature is that it works without even an internet connection.
Other Top Alternatives to Record Call on iPhone Without App
Here is a division of the other two alternatives that you could use for recording calls without any app.
|Recording Through Another Device||Recording Through Website|
|Step 1- Select the number whose call you wish to record|
Step 2- Turn on the phone’s speaker
Step 3- Use any other device around you like another mobile, laptop, recorder or tablet to record conversations
|Step 1– Open the link of a website that offers recording services|
Step 2- Create your account on their website
Step 3- Call the toll-free number mentioned on this website. It’s different for different countries so make sure that you select the right number
Step 4- Once connected to this toll-free number, click on “add call” option on your phone’s dial screen. This is to connect with the person whom with you want to speak
Step 5- Click on “merge call” as soon as the call is picked up
Step 6- A sort of conference call would be established here and the recording has already started on this website
Suggested Read: Check Out the List of Free Unlimited International Call Apps
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Does the iPhone provide an in-built call recorder?
No, the iPhone does not provide an in-built free call recorder. This has been done specifically as Apple considers recording calls without consent a serious breach of privacy. Moreover such an act is also liable to invite legal prosecution in many countries.
- How to record any conversation on your iPhone?
You can record a conversation on your iPhone using a call recorder iPhone app. Most of the mobile call recorder apps work by establishing a 3-way conference call and you can merge in the recording line. We list the steps below:
a. Download a call recorder app and enter your phone number.
b. Click the ‘Start recorded call’ option and select one from outgoing or incoming call
c. For outgoing calls- first call the app’s call recorder service and then the person you want to call. Use the Merge option and recording would begin.
d. For incoming calls-You will receive a call from call recorder service as soon your recording can be downloaded.
- Is it legal to record a person's conversation secretly?
The legality of the action of recording conversation secretly varies from place to place. Whether the use of voice call recorder apps would invite penal action depends on the laws of the country or region in which you operate.
But anyhow, be sure to obtain consent of all parties involved in a call before recording it using the best free call recorder for iPhone.
- Why doesn't the iPhone have a default call recorder option?
Apple has not included a default call recorder option in the iPhone as it is illegal to record calls without the other person's knowledge or consent in many countries.
- Why does Apple not allow call recording?
Since it is illegal to record calls without the other person's knowledge or consent in many countries, Apple must comply with these regulations. As a result, Apple has not included a default call recorder option in the iPhone.
- Which call recorder records both sides?
NoNotes Call recorder, Rev Call Recorder, and Google Voice app are some call recorders for iPhone that records both sides of the call.
- How to record a phone call on iPhone?
iPhone doesn't have an inbuilt call recorder so you would need to download a third-party call recording app on your iPhone to start recording calls.
- How to record calls on iPhone without an app for free?
There are hundreds of app available on the app store that allow users to record calls. You can download any free call recorder app for iPhone from the app store and start recording calls for free.
- Can Android record iPhone call?
Yes, Android can record iPhone calls with the help of call recording apps.
- Which call recorder is best for iPhone?
There are a number of call recorder apps available for iPhone and picking the best one can be tricky. However, NoNotes Call Recorder, Rev Call Recorder and TapeACall Pro are the most popular call recorders for iPhones.
- Does iPhone have auto call recording?
No, iPhone doesn't have an auto-call recording feature. Users can download 3rd party apps from Apple Store to record and save calls.
- Can Truecaller record calls on iPhone?
Yes, you can record calls on your iPhone with Truecaller. You can enable the setting in Truecaller for call recording and provide accessibility permission to rerecord calls on iPhone.