Healthcare technology is evolving fast, are you? It’s time to use the technology at your disposal to reduce manual efforts and jump on the digital bandwagon. It means, we finally may see some significant changes in how healthcare is administered. From improved patient access to lower wait times, technology is transforming healthcare for all the right reasons.
Healthcare organizations are now enjoying greater access to data and analytics that help them make smarter decisions. Hospital management systems are being used by a healthcare organization in both rural and urban sectors to enhance patient care.
List of 21 Best Hospital Management Software for Efficiency & Accuracy:-
- Medixcel EMR
- Mediface Software
- HIMS HospiLogix
- Insta HMS
- Intelligent Medical Software
- Medstar HIS
- Caresoft HIS
- Uniwide HIMS
- MocDoc HMS
- Win Apps Hospital Management System
- NextGen HMS
- Miracle HIS
- Eazy HMS
- Mediware Hospital Management System
- Bigdiz Hospital Management System
What is the Hospital Management System?
In the fast-paced world of healthcare, managing multi-speciality functions can be a daunting task. However, with a robust computer or web-based hospital management system software, different functions can be automated. It integrates all important processes related to patients, administrative staff and medical professionals to ensures timely patient care and quick diagnosis.
Hospital management software helps in managing all-important operations of a healthcare unit, ranging from appointment booking to inventory management, billing and generating electronic medical record (EMR).
What are the Modules in Hospital Management System?
Hospital administrators and the management team have to take smart steps to manage hospital operations in the most efficient and quick way. And, technologies like hospital management system can play an important role here. Let’s explore useful modules of hospital management software that will help in making your organization patient-centric.
- Patient Management System
A hospital management system helps make the patient management process hassle-free. Patients can book data online, staff can register their details and doctors can view their reports with a single hospital management system.
- Online Appointment Management System
With online appointment management system, patients can book an appointment online and your staff don’t have to waste time in maintaining physical registers. Also, doctors and staff can check the appointment status and plan their schedule accordingly.
- Doctor Consultation
With the use of a hospital management system, you can track a patient’s visit and define consultation charges for them as per the service offered. Also, it helps classify patients as new or existing and maintain their details accordingly for easy diagnosis.
- In-Patient Management
The in-patient management feature of hospital management software helps manage requirements related to the surgeon, bed availability, consultant and prescription. Also, you can manage patient details related to their medical information, lab reports, radiology and patient assessment.
- Out-Patient Management
Outpatient management module of hospital management software helps in reducing patient wait time and makes billing hassle-free. Also, pharmacy prescriptions can be created for out-patients easily to ensure timely medical support. All patient-related details can be entered into the system to maintain a paperless procedure.
- Billing & Discharge Summary
Patients and doctors alike are facing issues even as hospitals around the country are working hard to attend to as many patients as possible in a day. Patients, on the other are facing the challenge of rising prices of medical billing system. The impact of all the above is being felt on a hospital’s revenue as well as the treatment budget.
For avoiding manual errors, a hospital management software provides detailed summaries of a patient’s treatment history.
- Laboratory Management
The hospital management system software also assists in managing different aspects of lab management. It helps with investigation history tracking, reporting, sample management, billing, and more. Also, patients can access reports directly online.
Why a hospital management system is required?
With the best hospital management system, admin staff and doctors can access patient data online to provide a quick diagnosis. Doctors can check treatment history and test reports of patients to make timely treatment decisions.
At the same time, administrative professionals can update patient details online for future reference and fasten the billing process. With the automation of healthcare processes, different departments can work in an inter-connected manner towards providing optimum patient care and improving the turnover.
Must-have Features in your Hospital Management System
A hospital management system software is designed for healthcare setups to manage all their operations. From administrative to financial and medical, every aspect can be managed with hospital management software. Let’s find out the most useful features of this software:
- Patient Management: From scheduling patient appointment to booking their registration, the hospital management system software helps with complete and long-term patient care. It also helps in maintaining patient records with respect to radiology, pharmacy and pathology lab results. Not to forget the consultation and diagnosis records of patients, which are all maintained electronically.
- Electronic Medical Records: Online hospital information system is useful for doctors, as it helps them check about patient appointments easily. Furthermore, doctors can analyse a patient’s medical case by accessing their medical history online. Also, lab reports and tests can be accessed electronically. If different doctors are working on a single case, they can collaborate and share insights through hospital management software.
- Medical Facilities Management: Hospital management system helps the administrative team of any healthcare set up to ensure a regular supply of medical equipment and facilities. It assists with the management of medical supplies along with blood bank inventory. And, all this can be done with minimal chances of human error.
- MIS Reports: Healthcare professionals use MIS reports for accessing in-depth insights regarding billing, revenue, medical services, and discharge summaries. These reports are also analyzed for monitoring performance of different departments.
- Payroll & Accounting: With the help of hospital management software, you can keep track of purchases, payments and expenses for your healthcare setup. Expenses and payments can be managed and controlled across both, in-patient and out-patient departments to give a holistic picture. At the same time, it makes it easier to compute staff salary based on their leave and attendance data.
Benefits of Hospital Management System
An online hospital management system helps view a broader picture of hospital operations. And helps take steps to increase their effectiveness. The software has many benefits, which can be potentially categorised into broader categories as:
- Improved Clinical Decision-Making: The best hospital management system makes the process of clinical decision-making fast and data-driven. Every data is easily accessible to doctors and medical support staff to take the necessary steps and improve clinical processes. Along with helping hospitals to improve their day-to-day processes, good-quality hospital management software also provides intelligent information to the management to improve the overall revenue.
- Tech-Enabled Processes: Healthcare setups are getting tech-savvy with new-age hospital management software. As you start relying on computerized processes over manual efforts, patients also start trusting your healthcare brand. Tech-enabled processes result in higher efficiency and less errors. Your hospital staff can handle multiple types of user requests with a single system. And, this eventually leads to higher brand reputation and more revenue.
- Improved Data Security: Healthcare units have become the preferred target of cyber-crime agents in the recent past. And, this can be largely attributed to poor data security measures in place. However, a full-fledged hospital management system can make a difference by creating an access-based approach to the data. Your staff can access the data based on their user rights, and so there is no chance of a breach.
Best 21 Hospital Management Software System List of 2020:
Hospital management software helps hospital staff in controlling and coordinating all tasks seamlessly. Whether it is about medical care or administrative work, a hospital management solution is fit for all. It helps in redefining the level of patient service in a hospital to all extent.
The best hospital management systems are designed to manage and control every aspect of your hospital operation in a streamlined manner. Be it medical, legal, administrative, or service-oriented tasks, every aspect can be dealt with smartly using niche or free hospital management software.
Medixcel EMR is a browser-based hospital management software which can be deployed on both i.e. LAN and cloud, as per the requirement. The aim with which this hospital management system has been developed is not only to help clinics or hospitals but every medical stakeholder i.e. doctors, practitioners, members, administrators.
The hospital software is known for its flexibility as it makes the workflow hassle-free. However, its key feature is that it helps in storing and using EMR-electronic medical records effectively. Get Free Demo
What are the Unique Features of this Hospital Management Software:
- Provides customized scheduling screens for doctor, patient and receptionist.
- Interactive EMR templates with recommendation panel, vitals chart and image attachment options.
- Allows managing prescription with single-click drug selection
- Helps with doctor consults and case management
- All-in-one hospital ERP
Other important features of this hospital management system are inventory management, billing, lab and radiology tests, patient record access, etc.
Aarogya is an integrated hospital management solution from Dataman Computer Systems (P) Ltd. It caters to all the minor and major functionalities of a super speciality hospital. It helps hospital management in taking decisions on time by giving easy access to critical information.
Its five modules namely, out-patient management, in-patient management, financial accounting, Hospital inventory management, diagnostic ensures patient care and hospital work efficiency ensure complete hospital management system. Last but not the least, the data security is backed by its robust database system. Get Free Demo
Outstanding Features of this Hospital Management System:
- Facilitates a paperless work environment
- Supports 100-200 users concurrently
- Gives access to core applications even through apps
- Scheduler facility for sending alerts and notifications.
- Provides telemedicine facility.
- Hospital database management
eHospital is a customizable hospital management system in India from Androit Infosystems (P) Ltd. It has all the features required to manage patient, doctor, administration, finance and accounting related work.
It facilitates the electronic sharing of patient’s records such as lab reports and patients’ medical history. Also, patients have the option to book an appointment online on the basis of the doctor’s rating, fees and availability from hospital software. Get Free Demo
Benefits of eHospital Hospital Management System:
- Enhances interaction between patients and doctors
- Facilitates the development of comprehensive healthcare facilities
- Reduces transcription errors and duplication of information entries
- Facilitates an improved drug usage monitoring system and hospital database
- Helps to track all hospital stocks from medicines to linens.
Mediface Software is nine modules which help in assisting hospital staff w.r.t everything from medical workflow to accounting, pharmacy, HR & payroll, lab tests & reports. It comes with detailed features, so you need not integrate it with third-party systems.
Its Accounting & Inventory module makes all things possible from passing the journal entry to making balance sheet and reconciling bank statements. Get Free Demo
Benefits of Mediface Hospital Management System:
- Provides total patient registration report
- Helps maintain visiting doctors database and referral fee
- Provides surgery scheduling details
- Cash flow statement and outstanding report
- Gives patient medical history and reference doctor’s details.
NextGen’s HospiLogix is for all those healthcare institutions that aim to deliver high-quality patient care services in minimal time. With more than forty modules, it automates all hospital processes and supports every function in a hospital that you can think of.
The software has the capacity to serve a hospital with 60 beds to 800 beds. Unlike other software, it helps in compliance with Healthcare Standards for Radiologists such as DICOM and HL7. Being a DICOM and HL7, basic primer on Healthcare Standards for Radiologists, compliant sets the software apart from other hospital management systems. Get Free Demo
Benefits of Mediface HMS Software:
- NABL compliant, this hospital management system assists in laboratory management
- IT also assists with patient registration, radiology management and pharmacy sales tracking
- It comes with nursing and clinic management module
- Smoothen the billing process for OPD and LPD
Also assists in OT scheduling:
- Laboratory Management (NABL Compliant)
- Laboratory Management (NABL Compliant)
Practo’s Insta HMS makes it possible for healthcare units to manage everything on their own. clientele consists of hospital, clinic and lab chains. It assists them in increasing revenue and optimizing productivity.
The hospital management software streamlines operations and reduces inventory leakages with some of its promising modules. One of its unique features is that it streamlines insurance processes by automatically calculating the amount and reducing it from the bill. Get Free Demo
Outstanding Features of Insta HMS:
- Provides specific modules for clinic and hospital management
- Assists inward activity management and advanced OT
- Comes with surgery scheduler, patient satisfaction and survey modules
- Advanced ordering and diet insurance modules are quite useful
- The software helps with ward activity management.
Intelligent Medical Software
IMS is one of the best hospital administration software for all those clinics that are planning to upgrade their services with new practice management and electronic medical record solution. This hospital management solution is compatible with both Window and iOS devices.
Apart from the basic hospital management features, it provides a wide range of commonly used medical forms. Those forms can be customized on the basis of the patient’s details and information that is to be incorporated therein. Get Free Demo
What Makes Intelligent Medical Software Unique:
- Easy to navigate templates and forms
- Automated updates to keep you compliant and current
- Helps concentrate on patient care
- Covers all financial and clinical functions
- Helps share information more effectively with outside labs.
- hospital administration and database
As the name goes, this hospital management software in India makes e-meeting simpler. From booking an appointment to making payment, everything takes place in the virtual world. And the software has been giving patients a wonderful experience via its telemedicine facility.
Practitioners and patients can connect to each other from the comfort of their couch. However, if the problem is such that it is not possible to diagnose virtually, the option of in-office appointment is also there. It also provides ‘ePrescribe’ facility where e-prescription can be sent to 70,000+ pharmacies in one click! Get Free Demo
How eVisit HMS Software Helps Doctors & Patients:
- Reduces no-shows and cancellations
- Helps treat patients anytime and from anywhere
- Ensures less face time with patients
- Allows doctors to provide a personal touch to patients
- Provides telemedicine facility.
Medstar is a power-packed hospital information & management system with more than 50 premium modules and many unique features. Speaking of which, it is the only hospital management system with customer EHR facility i.e. it helps doctors in giving a wide view on patient’s health and just not on the basis of data collected in the office.
Also, patient’s information could be shared with other health care providers and organizations such as pharmacy, laboratories and school easily. Developed using advanced technology, Medstar HIS is compatible with all mobile devices. Get Free Demo
Why Medstar HIS is Among the Best?
- EMR module helps doctors store patient medical history and prescriptions electronically
- Provides reliable storage and backup facilities
- Process flows are in complete compliance with NABH standards
- Derives operational efficiency and assists in decision-making
- Other popular features are inventory, centralized billing POS, Material movement tracking, GRN, MIS.
MediSteer is a cloud-based hospital management solution which is here to revolutionize the medical billing system. It aims to reduce your pain of manual billing and reducing paperwork, by automating the whole billing process and giving you more time for patient care. MediSteer is equally efficient when it comes to filing an insurance claim, making monthly statements, storing patient data safely. Get Free Demo
mHealth feature of this hospital management system allows you to assess chart on the go and schedule tele visits
- Designed to cater 25 plus specialities
- Provides cloud and mobile capabilities
- Comes with multiple set of templates to fit in unique documentation needs
- Increases the efficiency of practice workflow.
MyNapier is a cloud-based hospital management system, which is fully configurable and has user-friendly features. This cloud-based system provides self-service functionality, ensuring easy navigation through modules. Electronic medical record (EMR) technologies make data accessible to doctors and patients. Thus, healthcare setups can deliver superior patient care and give a boost to their revenue.
Further, it can be configured with existing tools and technologies in your healthcare setup to promote operational efficiency. Whether you use Windows, Mac or Android systems, this software works with all. Get Free Demo
Highlights of MyNapier Healthcare Solution
- With modular offerings, the software serves small to large network hospitals
- Lower cost of ownership with customized cloud-based subscription plans
- Enhanced user experience with an intuitive interface
- Helps create an extended care ecosystem with CRM, telehealth, and other features.
ProMed is a cross-platform hospital management system, which helps manage all clinical and administrative data with precision. The software creates a robust online platform for managing all healthcare data securely and intelligently. With clinical data analysis, medical practitioners and the management can understand their patients’ pain point better.
Big data analysis in healthcare is already a growing practice in the healthcare sector, and solutions like ProMed is making it accessible to all. It’s designed exclusively for supporting data management needs across healthcare units of all sizes. Get Free Demo
Why Invest in ProMed Hospital Management System
- IP billing with packages & IT support
- Easy and secure patient registration with ID card
- Digital payment records for revenue management
- Asset management & multi-level store feature
- Attendance management with ‘PresenZ’ device and HR module.
With the healthcare sector getting more competitive than ever, hospitals need to move from volume-based service to value-based patient care. Caresoft HIS allows healthcare organizations to enhance their operational efficiency and deliver the best service at reduced costs.
Healthcare providers can enjoy more value for the money they spend in enhancing patient care. This hospital management system is a smart choice for any healthcare brand trying to enhance its brand reputation and expand its service. Get Free Demo
Important Functionalities of Caresoft HIS
- Helps control revenue leakages by keeping track of all income and expenses
- Assists in increasing patient footfall with loyalty programs and patient cards
- Optimizes resource management with real-time data sharing and enhanced workflows
- Improves efficiency in managing doctors and departments with extensive MIS reports.
Uniwide HIMS is a web-based hospital management software, which includes features for managing all healthcare facilities. Additionally, it assists with other functionalities like CRM, pharmacy, laboratory and inventory management. By the complete hospital information management package of Uniwide, hospital administrators and medical staff can take care of all aspects of operational efficiency and patient care.
Different departmental operations can be managed with reduced manual efforts, making everything streamlined for patients, doctors and other stakeholders. Get Free Demo
User-Friendly Features of Uniwide HIMS
- Streamlined Billing & Discharge Summary
- TPA panel to manage the settlement of bills of the patient as per their insurance claims.
- Stores images of store X-rays, films, CT scans, ultrasound, angiography and MRIs for quick access
- Maintaining the record of records of the asset being used across different departments
- It also helps with OT booking, doctor allocation, compensation details, and more.
MocDoc HMS is a viable healthcare management solution for clinics and hospitals of all sizes. It ensures value-integrated healthcare functionalities with customized hospital management system modules for patient, doctor and process management.
This solution helps hospital administrators improve their information management and customer service with the power of automation. It incorporates all important features that are demanded by their counterparts in the healthcare sector. Get Free Demo
MocDos HMS Features
- Provides detailed MIS reports
- Pharmacy stock management is a matter of just a few clicks
- Facebook & website widget
- The doctor discovery platform for appointment scheduling
- It also provides multi-location support.
Win Apps Hospital Management System
Managing a hospital across different locations is not an easier task. Thanks to solutions like Win Apps Hospital Management System, that helps to keep track of every process related to the patient, doctors and the admin staff. It provides customizable plans depending on the facilities available in your healthcare setup.
One of its unique features is that it provides the provision for pre-billing and extensive third-party billing. Get Free Demo
Useful Functionalities of Win Apps
- Generates bill based on the patient name
- Keeps track of patient medications and send notifications
- Provides auto-generated codes and billing criteria
- Medicine stock management is much easier with this software
- Recurring ancillary charge capability
From electronic data interchange to practice management, NextGen HMS is going to be your companion at every stage of hospital management. It comes with a different set of features for a small and large medical practice to achieve expected results in terms of patient care and revenue.
It also provides an online patient portal, which allows appointment scheduling, secure messaging and virtual visits. This helps in creating a personalized outreach for patients who can interact with doctors anytime and from anywhere. Get Free Demo
Benefits of NextGen Hospital Management System:
- Help desk module for enquiry management
- Ambulance services management
- Bio-Medical / Equipment Maintenance
- Laboratory Management (NABL Compliant)
- HR & payroll management
- Material management & nursing module.
Miracle HIS is backed by the latest technologies to make the process of hospital management hassle-free and paperless. This modular, web-based solution automates different hospital operations and integrates functions like OPD, patient registration, drug distribution, IPD, and more. Whether you run a large hospital or a small-scale nursing home, this software is apt for all. Get Free Demo
Why Get Miracle HIS for Your Hospital
- Helps the management come up with robust healthcare guidelines for their setup
- Doctors get quick access to valued information related to the gender, age group, and the demography of patients.
- It also allows doctors to remotely access patient data.
- Doctors don’t need to write prescriptions manually. Thus, eliminating errors due to unclear handwriting.
- Automates hospital tasks and helps treat more patients in a cost-effective manner.
- Helps create accurate bills, faster.
Eazy HMS hospital management software provides outstanding capabilities for managing inpatient, outpatient, daycare and other modules. This web-based healthcare solution provides mobile-friendly features and healthcare intelligence to boost healthcare processes.
Clinics and hospitals across the country are relying on this healthcare intelligence system modules for its user-friendly features and characteristics. These medical institutions can streamline all their processes with their web-based subscription and mobile-ready app. Get Free Demo
Why Eazy HMS is a Good Choice
- Provides a patient-centric desk to streamline patient management
- Ensures both, corporate and private billing, and helps create a detailed invoice
- With the surgery module, you can access scheduled surgeries and manage OT notes for doctors
- The doctor module feature provides the exclusive SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) note
- A well-configured test interface to reduce human errors.
Mediware Hospital Management System
Mediware hospital database management system is a specialized product for the healthcare industry to make its processes hassle-free. This software is used to strengthen functions related to home health, private duty, hospitals and rehab centres. Get Free Demo
What Makes It a Wonderful Choice
- Banking and transfusion blood management
- Medication management & cellular therapy management
- Transforms a wide range of care services across different sectors
- HME, IV, and speciality pharmacy management software.
Bigdbiz Hospital Management System
Bigdbiz is widely used by hospitals to make processes easier for patients, doctors and others. This hospital management system provides an interface for a drug store along with the nursing station module. OPD, IPD, billing, appointment booking are some of its critical features. Get Free Demo
Highlighting Features of Bigdbiz HMS
- Appointment scheduling through the phone booking option
- Patient history can be identified quickly
- Provides individual login for hospital, laboratory, doctors and pharmacy
- Doctors can avail a prescription option to avoid errors
- Admin staff can quickly check bed availability for inpatients
- X-ray and lab reports of patients can be accessed online.
Things to Consider Before Buying Hospital Management System
If you are already searching for the right hospital management software for your healthcare centre, then you must have come across some marketing jargons. As your business requirement is unique, you need to move over advertising gimmicks and consider these factors. These will help you in getting the right hospital management system that boosts your medical practice.
- What do you want to accomplish?
Every healthcare setup has its own set of challenges. While some are struggling with billing and appointment, others are stuck at the stage of scheduling optimization. Before selecting any hospital management software, you need to analyse your existing workflow and find out hindrances in providing quality patient care.
- What do you expect from the software?
Talk to your nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals to know what they expect from a hospital management system. It also depends on what tools you are currently using in your setup, and what are the integration requirement. It’s better to set your expectations beforehand and get the software that fits in.
- What is your budget?
Budget is an important factor when you are investing in any new tech solution for your healthcare setup. By setting your budget for the software, you can make a better decision between cloud-based and on-premise options. Further, you can decide on the customization that is possible within your budget, and ask for it accordingly.
- Ease of Use
Adapting to new technology is not easy for anyone. However, if the hospital management software you choose ensures comfortable navigation, the transition becomes easier. It’s a wise move to include your staff in the decision-making process, and choose the solution which they can use comfortably.
- Vendor Support
Vendor support is crucial to enjoying the features of your hospital management software uninterruptedly. If you encounter any problem while using the software, make sure the vendor is available to help your employees.
FAQs Hospital Management Software
- How much does hospital management system cost?
There are varying needs of healthcare providers and they often look for customized features. Accordingly, hospital management system price varies. You can connect with our hospital management software expert to get a detailed plan and pricing for any software you want.
- Is any specific knowledge required for using hospital management software?
Modern-day hospital management software comes with an easy user interface, making it easy for doctors and admin staff to use this software from the first day of implementation. Also, online demonstrations are available for the software to help you make an informed choice.
- Is the database on hospital management system secure?
Most hospital management software creates a regular backup of data and ensures their safety with security features. Not just data backup, but even data recovery becomes more frequent with hospital management software.
- What’s the hardware installation requirement for hospital management software?
With hospital management software, you need to invest in hardware for networking, computers, and a good internet connection. The investment in servers depends on whether you opt for on-premise or cloud-based software. With cloud-based hospital billing software, you don’t need to invest in servers.
- Can the software be integrated with accounting solutions?
Hospital management software can easily integrate with popular accounting software such as Tally, Marg Accounting and, Oracle, etc. to help you manage the revenue efficiently.
- Who uses hospital management software?
From clinical staff toward managers, nurses and doctors, everybody can use the hospital management software to review patient status. Also, they can monitor the staff workload and also ensure that the hospital is adhering to government policies.
- Can I manage access controls for different users?
With the best hospital management software, you can manage user access efficiently. It allows you to define the roles of different employees and give access to the database and modules accordingly. Based on the access rights, employees can log in to MIS reports, log files, and so on.
- How do hospital management systems work?
Hospital management system features help doctors with automatic scheduling of their appointments and electronic health records. Doctors can manage all patient-related data online for quick access to their medical history at the time of diagnosis. Hospital management software also assists with pharmacy, lab, radiology, in-patient and out-patient management.
- What is the importance of hospital management system?
It helps in simplifying different hospital operations and making processes easier for patients, doctors and administrative professionals. The healthcare facility across clinics and hospitals in both rural and urban sectors can be streamlined with this software.
- How can I get online software demonstration?
You can view the hospital management system demo by selecting your options and consulting with our experts to arrange the demo.
Your hospital staff undoubtedly has the calibre and expertise to perform things efficiently. But, too much dependence on manual processes will result in unavoidable errors and impact their productivity. To keep your hospital competitive, investing in technologies like hospital management system is a must-have.
Now that you have explored the benefits of investing in the different hospital management system in India, the next step is to match them with your healthcare centre’s requirements and get the best one.