Virtual trading apps not only benefit newbie traders but also those carrying years of experience in making informed decisions about buying or selling stocks.
What does Virtual Trading Mean?
Virtual trading, done through virtual trading apps, is a simulated environment in which you trade in virtual stocks and track the market too. Through virtual trading, you don’t risk losing any money and at the same time can enhance your knowledge about trading and finance.
Virtual trading done through a virtual trading app makes use of a real trading platform utilized by brokers. This gives you a crash course in all the available controls.
Undertaking paper trading is the right way to start with investing money in market. More so because you are less likely to make mistakes given all the practice you get while doing virtual trading.
Virtual trading is therefore the practice of doing stock trading and analysis in a simulated environment. Here you don’t risk losing money and learn the tricks of doing stock trading without making investments.
You get a certain amount of virtual money as well to start investing and learning new stock marketing strategies. The best virtual trading apps also offer interaction opportunities with other traders to help improve your market kills.
What is Virtual Trading App?
Virtual trading apps are designed to help you practice stock trading as a beginner. The best virtual trading apps for Indian market also let you learn the basics of a stock exchange like mutual funds, commodities, shares, fixed deposit, and bonds.
With the help of stock market simulators, you can learn how Indian stock market works. As a beginner, you can invest in stocks without real money and track the real-time stock data.
Along with inbuilt discussion threads, the best stock simulators support portfolio management and historical stock data. Real-time stock market experience in virtual trading is possible with limit order, stop loss and market order. These features make virtual trading apps ideal to learn stock trading.
How Virtual Trading App Acts as Stock Market Simulators?
Stock investment and share trading with stock simulators is easy and so is practicing stock trading with fake money. Here is how virtual trading apps act as stock market simulators:
- Instant notification on market events and volatility
- You can buy fractional shares
- No limit set on trading volume
- Price targets & expert stock analysis
- Security protocols for protecting funds
- Option to choose any stock for trading
- Detailed market analysis
The Working of a Virtual Trading App in India
Using a virtual trading platform now doesn’t need to be intimidating. We mention some easy steps on how to go about virtual trading apps.
- For starters, download an app. Some apps provide an option between free and paid accounts. Choose an appropriate option and create your account.
- Once your account is created, you will get some virtual money for initiating the buying/selling stocks.
- You can deal with different stocks and apply numerous trading strategies, ultimately finding the one that works for you.
- The best virtual trading apps provide you a portfolio where you can monitor your total profit or loss incurred.
- Once you think you have gained enough knowledge and experience in the virtual market, you can use that knowledge in the real stock market and real trading.
List of 10 Best Virtual Trading Apps for Beginners and Professionals
If you are looking for top mock trading apps, then your hunt ends here. We present you some of the most sought after stock trainer apps, which are backed by finance and stock market experts.
- Dalal Street
- Money Pot
- Investopedia Stock Simulator
Zerodha virtual trading app is the perfect solution for obtaining knowledge about investing in stocks, derivatives, mutual funds, etc. Zerodha offers such a wide reach of stocks across numerous exchanges that you can easily search for your favorite ones.
The virtual stock trading app provides intuitive keyboard shortcuts for beginners to easily analyze and manage their personal portfolio.
Features of Zerodha Dummy Trading App
- Access to level 3 data
Zerodha virtual trading app provides access to level-3 data, which is essential for better understanding of market liquidity.
- Intuitive charts
Zerodha gives you a rundown of important information using its intuitive and customizable charts.
- Set triggers
Set triggers to know when to enter or exit stock holdings.
With Zerodha virtual trading app, you can create and maintain multi-stock baskets.
- Accurate profit and loss statements
The app uses a large stream of historical data to calculate and analyze accurate profit/loss statements.
- Zerodha provides you APIs to build your own applications.
- The app is suitable for obtaining intraday strategies.
- Users complain that Zerodha does not provide buy/sell calls
Price: Zerodha virtual trading app provides equity delivery investments free of charge. It charges ₹20 for each order that is executed for intraday trade.
Moneybhai is also referred to as moneycontrol virtual trading app. It offers an intraday trading limit of INR 1 crore, which can be invested across multiple assets such as mutual funds, stocks, fixed deposits and much more.
Features of Moneybhai Virtual Trading App
- Enhanced experience
The app uses data from real stock market situations to enhance the virtual trading experience.
- Investment section
Moneybhai allows you to easily view your transaction history, portfolio, profit and loss statements, and much more.
- League formation
By forming leagues, investors can compete against one another. They can even invite their friends and family members.
- Learning section
The app has a dedicated learning section to obtain appropriate investment strategies.
- Moneybhai, moneycontrol virtual trading app, teaches you techniques which you can directly implement in the real stock market.
- The app has a leaderboard section which shows the standings of different investors.
- The simulated environment provided by the app may not cover all the variables present in trading in real life.
Price: Moneybhai is a free to download app.
Sensibull virtual trading application teaches you the nuances of trading without you having to bear any real financial losses. You can directly log into the application from your Zerodha, ICICI direct, 5paisa, Alice Blue or any other relevant broker account. Sensibull provides analytical tools for research through which you can monitor your virtual profits and losses.
Features of Sensibull Virtual Trading App India
- Easy options
The software provides easy options for beginners to further minimize losses.
- Options glance
This feature lets you see the price of all stock options in one go.
- Better monitoring of foreign institutional investors
This app lets you trade the way FIIs are trading and maximizes your chances of returning a profit.
Sensibull offers a lot of tutorials to teach you the basics of trading and more.
- Events calendar
All the important upcoming events are mentioned within your event calculator.
- The interface is also easy to use.
- The software regularly organizes seminars on trading psychology.
- Some investors may derive an unrealistic experience due to Sensibull’s simulated environment.
Price: The price of Sensibull virtual option trading app starts from ₹640 per month.
Dalal Street Virtual Trading App
Dalal street virtual trading app is one of the most popular virtual trading platforms in India. This is because of its simple and easy to use interface.
Not only this, Dalal Street is one of the best virtual trading app India that helps you easily monitor the status of your favorite stocks over a course of time.
Dalal Street Mock Trading App Features
- Quick notifications
The app provides notifications quickly about buying or selling a specific stock.
- DSIJ Mindshare
This feature lets you keep a tab on important events related to the financial world for a specific day.
With its screener feature, it is very easy to obtain all company details related to a stock.
- Involvement of industry experts
Each recommendation of Dalal street virtual trading app is backed by deep analysis and expert opinion.
- Dalal virtual stock trading app has been offering legitimate advice for over 30 years.
- This stock trainer app provides buy/sell signals based on the latest market movements.
- At times, the notifications may not produce a sound even if the sound bar is maximum.
Price: Dalal street dummy trading app can be downloaded free of cost from android or apple store.
What makes Money pot stand out from other virtual trading apps is the specific modules it provides for students, corporates and dedicated investors.
Money pot virtual trading app India can be scaled to suit the needs of university and college students and provide them with a real life trading scenario.
Features of Money Pot Virtual Option Trading App India
- Internal training
You can use this app for training your financial or accounts team.
- Interaction with other traders
This best app for virtual trading facilitates conversation between different investors.
- Exciting rewards
You have the opportunity of earning rewards for each trade you make.
- Ample trading scope
Each time you start a new trade, the app deposits INR 20,00,000 virtual money. You can use this to buy/sell your favorite stocks.
- Expert opinion
You can obtain expert opinion regarding stock trading techniques.
- It has a simple and easy to use interface.
- Each order is executed within 5 minutes.
- Experienced traders might find the app lacking in information in some aspects.
Price: The pricing details of Money pot virtual trading platform can be obtained from the official site.
Suggested Read: Top 14 Nifty Buy Sell Signal Software for Indian Stock Market
You can trade stocks, manage portfolio and get quotes in real-time with Fidelity virtual trading app in India. As one of the best virtual trading apps, it also offers online brokerage services along with cash management capabilities. This virtual trading app also provides a range of selection tools for doing order entries.
Features of Fidelity Stock Simulator:
- Asset screeners
Asset screeners help end-users narrow down investment choices.
- Trade executions
Algorithms for price improvement and avoiding payment order flows.
- Account tracking
You can use Fidelity virtual trading app for tracking preferred securities & account positions.
- Chain enhancements
Option of chain enhancements along with multi-leg option trading for extended hours trades.
- Outstanding trade executions
- Asset screeners for ETF research
- Flexible news feeds
- Option for futures and commodities missing
Pricing: Price details are available on this stock market simulator’s official website.
Investopedia Stock Simulator
Momentum trading, P/E ratios or equity markets, all is easy with Investopedia Stock Simulator. The stock virtual trading platform makes use of real market data for adjustable commission rates and margin trading.
You can also use this top virtual trading app for handling research investments, review holdings and investment horizons.
Key Features of Investopedia Stock Market Simulator:
- Portfolio analytics
Portfolio analytics to select and manage groups of investments.
- Advanced trade types
The software offers detailed guides for advanced trade types, covering short positions & purchasing stocks.
- Potential picks
Practice stock trading with ease as the platform offers potential picks as the basic criteria for sifting through the stock market.
- Simple and easy to use, imitating real market stock operations
- Tracking trade results is super quick
- Option for pursuing advanced trade stock types & purchasing stocks is an added advantage
- Reduced risk of losing the actual capital
- The user interface can be more user friendly
Pricing: Investopedia Stock Simulator is a free tool available for download on its official website. Upgraded paid plans are available on its official website.
Trading and understanding the stock market is easy with TrakInvest stock virtual trading software. As the best paper trading app in India, TrakInvest also supports portfolio management and social tools for leveraging analytics. You also get access to stock market guides and real-time market information.
TrakInvest Dummy Stock Trading App Features:
- Tracking stocks
Use this dummy stock trading software for tracking stocks as well as traders.
- Copy Trade
This feature helps track which products your peers are investing in.
- Buy/sell stocks
Buy and sell stocks using built-in modules like short selling and portfolio overviews.
- Portfolio snapshot
Portfolio snapshots give details of orders processed, those under process and the ones that have failed.
Global Online Trading Certification for improving investment skills.
- Option for creating private tournaments
- Certification courses for improving stock trading skills
- Good number of video guides and tutorials available
Need to have more stock options
Pricing: Basic plan starts from Rs 86 per month. Other advanced plans are:
- Premium– ₹729
- GOTC Certification– ₹10,946
Chart Mantra is a preferred choice for investors, traders and such professionals for doing virtual stock trades. The virtual trading app in India is also used for purchasing shares, bonds and commodities.
You can use this stock market simulator for performing technical analysis to invest money in forex and stock markets.
Features of Chart Manta Practice Stock Trading App:
- Technical indicator
Technical indicators for gaining market insight available with this best paper trading app.
Inbuilt infographs for performing the technical analysis of stocks.
- EOD charts
EOD or End of the Day technical charts to understand stock situation.
- Loading new stocks
Loading new stocks with the stock simulator is as easy as managing previous stocks.
- Virtual cash
Here you can practice stock trading with fake money of up to Rs one lakh for playing stock games.
- Virtual money for instantly performing instant stock trading.
- Risk free source of learning stock trading for free
- The virtual trading experience might seem unrealistic at times.
Pricing: Price details of Chart Mantra dummy stock trading software is available on its official website.
Moneypot Virtual Trading is a web-based stock virtual trading platform ideal for performing various stock market related functions. You can also use this dummy stock trading software to interact with fellow players regularly to practice stock trading. Built-in further are stocks and equities for providing a virtual trading environment in real-time.
Key Features of Moneypot Paper Trading App:
- Paper trading
Simulated trading processes to help investors practice in a real stock market situation.
- Real-time data
Virtual currency to help you practice stock trading with fake money along with real-time data for more practical training.
- Stocks & equities
Moneypot is a scalable top virtual trading app supporting stocks & equities for all kinds of users.
- Multiple trading strategies
Such strategies help in connecting with online traders for understanding a stock market’s functioning.
- Virtual stock trading games where you can learn and earn is a plus.
- Instant notifications for daily transactions.
- Cash booking facility is available to check the amount you are left with for purchasing a stock.
- User interface isn’t much impressive.
Pricing: Price details can be accessed by forwarding a chat message to the software vendor’s official website.
So this is our take on the best virtual trading apps in India. Remember, if you are a beginner, you should definitely use mock trading apps which make you confident about trading in a real life environment.
Stock trainer apps also help you to learn about maximising profit and avoid any financial losses.
Success in virtual trading depends upon analysis of your profit and loss statements. For best analysis solution, you can also check 18 Best Technical Analysis Software for Stock Trading in India 2020.