Email marketing! I’m pretty sure you’ve heard of it. In fact, I’m ready to bet that you’ve used email marketing in pursuit of boosting your business’ presence in the virtual market; one time or the other with varying results.
What is Email Marketing?
In layman’s term, email marketing refers to any commercial message sent to a group of people via electronic email. Any email communication is considered as email marketing, which is carried out for the purpose of promotion, business queries, sales or seeking donations. It helps build trust, customer loyalty or brand recognition for a company. A business can stay connected with its customers through email marketing while simultaneously promoting itself. Now how can you stay on top of your email marketing forays? And, why through email marketing software? Because, it will help you reach your target audience without having to invest huge amounts of money in print or electronic advertisements. We have assessed a few such software and expanded a few features that you should look for while choosing a software that would best suit your business need. These features are:
- Multi-purpose Editor: An email marketing software comes with several templates, which you can use to customize mails that you may want to send. You can make changes in the design or its look to better portray your brand. In addition, you can also modify pre-formatted content blocks to suit your requirements. When you’re finished, you’ll have a responsive email campaign at your hand. What’s more? You do not need any kind of coding or designing experience to create such email campaigns.
- CRM Integration: Through this software, you can automate your marketing processes; however, if you really want to use your software to its fullest potential, you need to integrate it with CRM software. By doing this, you would be able to align your sales and marketing activities in a better way; thereby, creating more effective campaigns. What would it lead to? Yes, you know it! A better and stronger return on your investments!
- Automated follow-up emails: Through this software you can send automated follow-up mails to those who might have missed your first mailer. People these days receive too many mails, making it harder to keep a track. Therefore, you can simply create a new subject line and resend the earlier email at a designated time of your choice.
- Autoresponders: We’re all aware of the famous saying that, ‘Time is money’. Autoresponders help you save time as you can automate mailers to welcome new subscribers, deliver information and attract their interest. These are easy to set-up and help optimize your campaigns through real-time reporting.
- Analytics & Reports: An effective email marketing software should provide detailed analytics of your campaigns so that you can easily focus on the metrics and track open and click-through rates of mails. The purpose is to find out if your campaigns are delivering positive results or not.
- A/B Testing: You can also use A/B testing (comparing two different versions of a webpage to assess which one performs better) to decide which subject line of your mailers gets better responses and open rates. You can experiment with different words, length, etc. to better optimize your future campaigns.
By using email marketing software, you can stay connected to your customer base as well reach out and test new unexplored markets. You can monitor the efficacy of your marketing campaigns to better gauge your ROI. So, what are you waiting for? Discover that perfect email marketing software that fits you like a glove!