What are Clone Scripts?
Clone scripts are similar copies of the design and features of an existing successful business website, software, or application. These scripts are used to build a similar website or application through pre-configured templates and modules. The website created with clone scripting can be modified in terms of interface, functionalities, and modules to suit business requirements.
What are the Benefits of Using Clone Scripting Software?
There are multiple benefits of using cloning scripts for businesses such as:
- Licensing: Clone scripting software provides users with license keys specific to their market niche. When all the details are filled in, developers can choose the type of license they need to procure in order to publish the website.
- Rich Functionalities and Modules: Cloning scripts allow you to customize the website or application as per your industry requirements. For example, food delivery apps should have order tracking options, bulk order accepting options, multiple payment gateways, etc. Similarly, to create an e-commerce website, it should have shipment tracking option, provide detailed product info, create discount coupons, etc.
- Reduces the Development Time: To create your new website, developers need not spend time on market research, planning, developing, or analyzing different strategies to create user-friendly design. Users only need to select the website type and the target audience to quickly develop the website.
- Comes with Multiple Tools: Most cloning scripts come with multiple development tools including website development, content optimization, etc. These tools enable users to easily customize software as per their industry specific and business requirements.
- Easily Set Website Components: Users can easily create and set subheadings or categories they want to incorporate into the website. Then the tool churns words in line with modern English, both linguistically, and grammatically.
What are the Pros and Cons of Using Website Clone Scripts?
Pros of Using Website Clone Scripts
- Less Effort: To launch a new website, users need to perform competitive analysis, hire a developer, and form strategies. However, clone scripting solutions make it easy for users to launch their website quickly, as they have ready to use tools and templates to create and customize the modules.
- Low Cost: It’s a low-cost option for users to launch their website as compared to hiring a robust team of developers. In fact, these scripts save your time and other resources spent in creating a website from scratch.
- Higher Success Rate: Clone scripts are developed based on the success model of any website specific to industry. This increases the chances of success once the website is launched.
Cons of Using Website Cloning Scripts
- Less Innovative: There will be a lot of similarities between your and other similar websites when someone uses the same clone script. This makes it difficult to make your website unique and stand out in the market.
- Limited Control Over Website Quality: The quality of the created website might not be as great as expected when created from open-source clone scripts. The features may not offer modifications, or its UI may not be as expected by the users. However, with customization, you might be able to enhance the quality of your website.
- Copyright Infringement: Sometimes, using clone scripting software might increase the chances of getting sued due to copyright infringement. The templates for features and designs provided in clone scripts might clash with the existing website. So, you must modify the website components to avoid any copyright issues.
How Do I Make Use of Clone Scripts?
Using clone scripting software is easy. You need to download or buy clone scripts depending on your business requirement. For example, if you want to start a taxi service business, you can buy a cloning script of any popular taxi service business.
Once you get it, you will find various modules or templates to create or modify the website. You can select from these modules, which must be added or removed from your website. It also comes with various UI designs for the website. You can choose from in-built templates or customize your own UI according to your style guides.
After that, you can choose the license key specific to your industry. Once you get the license, your website is ready to be launched.
Are Clone Scripts Illegal?
No, clone scripts are completely legal when you are not infringing the copyright of an existing website. Cloning software only provides you with the concept, design, and features like the ones used in existing successful business models. However, you need to customize its design, interface, and modules to create your own business website or application.
Prefigured templates present in these scripts can help you in creating your own unique website with a few alternations and customization.
Top 7 Clone Scripts Software
- Coderobotics Food Booking Script: To create food ordering cloning website
- Coderobotics Restaurant Booking Script: Helps create a restaurant management clone website.
- Shopify clone: To create similar e-commerce website like shopify.
- Facebook Clone Script: Used for creating a social networking site like Facebook.
- Etsy Clone Script: You can easily create an e-commerce website like Etsy with this clone.
- Uber Clone Script: Create your own taxi service like Uber via Uber cloning script.
- LinkedIn Clone: ProsNexus- You can create a professional social networking account like LinkedIn.