What is WiFi Software?
WiFi software helps convert PC, tablets and laptops into either multifunctional hotspots or wireless access points. WiFi hotspot management software even makes it easy to extend wifi range without deploying any additional routers. The software supports URL tracking and bandwidth manager for optimizing the networks.
The best hotspot software for Windows 7 and other versions offers inbuilt adblockers and firewall to secure the network from malicious threats. Wifi hotspot management software is critical for maintaining wifi networks, optimizing them and ensuring complete data security. Further, WiFi analyzer software supports high-performance trouble shooting, insights and network monitoring.
8 Most Common Features Of WiFi Software
Popular WiFi hotspot software helps convert PC into WiFi hotspots easily. Let us have a look at the top features of WiFi software.
1. Load balancing: WiFi management software is compatible with both wireless and wired networks and is further efficient at handling overloaded access points. Just in case an access point gets overloaded, the software transfers users to another one immediately.
2. Network management systems: Network management systems make it easier to manage multiple wireless component networks like managed power, switches, firewall and access points from a centralized location.
3. Coverage options: WiFi management software supports both outdoor and indoor coverage, as the internet connectivity is required not only inside the premises but also in spaces like parking spots, courtyards and more.
4. Proactive testing: Proactive tests help check errors in network components besides measuring a network’s performance using indicators like the status of available network components, applications that are being used, etc.
5. Network access controls: Wi Fi management software offers network access controls, which is important for securing and registering devices that you do not own.
6. Application filtering: Application filtering is needed to filter out all website content with malicious threats in order to protect the network and increase its overall performance.
7. Management of mobile devices: WiFi hotspot management software helps manage several mobile devices all at once along with the applications that run on them.
8. Application prioritization: WiFi hotspot software prioritizes mission-critical applications to see that their performance is never affected.
Important Factors Before Choosing the Right WiFi Software
Strengthen the wifi connection at your premises using a WiFi connect software. Make sure it has the following inbuilt functionalities for best performance.
Scalability: A Wi Fi software has to be scalable enough to expand in terms of capacity and coverage so that when your business grows, the network too can be scaled.
RBAC: Role-based access controls make it easy to control access policies so that you can assign users access to networks based on required parameters.
Roaming range: Roaming ensures that there are no dropped connections as you move from building to building or room to room for calling or work purposes.
Performance Measurement: WiFi management software helps measure performance in terms of the devices and applications in use. This help in proactively avoiding issues for the end users.
Support for 2.4 GHz & 5GHZ Devices: Dual radio access points help WiFi hotspot support supports users with devices compatible with both frequencies.
Redundancy: The redundancy level varies based on the usage of internet. Areas with higher dependency on WiFi requires high redundancy.
Switching: Network switching helps prevent unwanted traffic and ensures the smooth network flow with unparalleled user experience.
Radio Management: This feature helps collect the radio frequency data to improve WiFi performance for end users with better load management.
Best WiFi Software for Windows 7 & Windows 10
The list of best Wi Fi software for Windows 7 and 10 from which you can choose accordingly as per your needs are:
Connectify Hotspot: Connectify Hotspot helps convert your PC into a convenient hotspot. This WiFi Hotspot software also lets you share cellular data besides checking usage monitoring on real-time networks.
mHotspot: mHotspot WiFi management software makes it easy for users to share LAN, cellular network, ethernet and other available wifi connections. The best software for Windows 7, 8 and 10 functions as a repeater that makes it easy to connect up to ten devices at a time.
HostedNetworkStarter: HostedNetworkStarter is a WiFi Hotspot management software that helps in creating hotspots using wireless network adapters. The best software for Windows 7, 8 and 10 also provides support for the command-line parameter.
Virtual Router Plus: Virtual Router Plus is a WiFi connect software considered the best for Windows 7,8,10. This WiFi analyzer software ensures the user's privacy and security through WPA2 encryption.
Ostoto Hotspot: Ostoto Hotspot is an easy to access hotspot software designed to convert laptops into quick wifi hotspot points. The software offers a speed checker to check the available megabytes for data consumption.
Best WiFi Software for PC
Let us have a look at the best WiFi Hotspot management software for PC:
Maryfi: Convert your PC into a virtual router through WiFi connect software. Support is available for all types of internet connections like cellular data, ethernet and wifi. You can also share the WiFi software with other devices.
My Public WiFi: My Public WiFi is a wifi software that helps convert computers into WiFi hotspot points. The software also supports an inbuilt firewall system for restricting certain websites.
Maxidix Hotspot: Maxidix Hotspot is a WiFi analyzer software supporting dual modes so that you can connect with wifi access points and host virtual hotspots. The Wi Fi software is easy to use and helps establish a hotspot without doing any configurations.
Baidu WiFi Hotspot: Create an instant hotspot on your PC using Baidu WiFi management software. You can also use a WLAN connection for creating hotspots. The WiFi management software even supports local file sharing between PC and mobile.
Virtual Router: Virtual Router Wi Fi software is an open-source tool that is easy to use and is WPA2 protocol encrypted. The software is ad-free and supports Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10.
Best WiFi HotSpot Management Software for Hotels: Control multiple wireless networks and convert them into marketing and business platforms with a hotel wifi management software solution.
HotSpot Express: HotSpot Express is a hotel wifi software supporting user authentication page designs and easy management for guest portals. The software further supports analytics for live reports, billing management and payment integration.
Antamedia: Antamedia hotel wifi hotspot solution is used for improving wifi controls and ensuring guest satisfaction. The software can be used for creating prepaid vouchers and guest accounts besides collecting guest data.
Wifi-Soft: Wifi-Soft wifi software supports hotspot controllers and enterprise access points for helping hotels and resorts manage their wifi system. The software further provides PMS integration and branded captive portals too.
WiFi-Hotel: WiFi Hotel WiFi hotspot software is a dynamic solution for managing different wireless networks. The wifi hotspot solution further supports guest portal, access management and advanced statistics.