Found our list of Server Operating System helpful? We’re here to help you make the right choice and automate your business processes. Let’s discover some of the essential factors that you must consider to make a smarter decision!
Buyers Guide Content
The server operating system (server OS) is a specialized operating system that is used on a server computer. It facilitates multiple roles related to mail, database server, and file server. It further facilitates the functioning of the print server, application server, and database server.
Server OS is an advanced version of the traditional operating system, and it serves server-client computers request on the network. It’s loaded with all the features required to operate within a client-server computing environment.
You can choose from these types of client-server operating systems depending upon your business needs. There are specific server operating systems for banks and other organizations, corporates, etc. to manage their IT environment. Here’s the windows server operating system list for you to make the right selection.
1. Administrative Tools: The server operating system has all the administrative tools required to run a variety of applications and tasks.
2. Stable Environment: The operating system helps create a stable environment where all the applications and tasks can run smoothly. An operating system that is still under development or has bugs and glitches can not only make processes slow but can also impact the data.
3. Security: A server operating system that has a built-in firewall and security features is crucial as servers are prone to infiltration and infection. With a proper security system in place, hackers and malicious applications cannot easily penetrate the client's operating system.
4. Performance: A server operating system performs in a way that it can run heavy applications and perform tasks such as heavy data transfers effortlessly.
5. Hardware Compatibility: Cloud server operating systems function the best with any type of hardware configuration.
1. Higher Efficiency: It helps reduce the dependence on physical servers and thus ensuring higher savings.
2. Increased Performance: With increased performance, a network supporting system supports more users and storage options than another.
3. Future-Proofing: It ensures future-proofing by calculating the anticipated growth of the corporate network.
4. Higher Savings with Reduced Downtime: Reduced downtime leads to higher savings for any organization.
Author: Kalpana Arya
(Showing 1 - 12 of 12 products)
Microsoft Windows Server CAL is a windows-based server licensing program for enabling the efficiency of the workforce.... Read More About Microsoft Windows Server CAL (MOLP)
Price On Request
WinSvrSTDCore 2019 SNGL OLP 16Lic NL CoreLic is an operating system designed to interlink the on-premise environment wi... Read More About WinSvrSTDCore 2019 SNGL OLP 16Lic NL CoreLic
A. These open source Linux server distributions are fulfilling the needs of SMBs and mid-sized businesses efficiently: Ubuntu Server CentOS Fedora Server Debian ClearOS
A. Depending on the server operating system you opt for your network servers, you can try these installation methods: Remote installation with Microsoft Automated setup based on the pre-defined script You can also install over the network server with a shared CD-ROM drive Else, you can use distribution CD-ROM disc and copy its content on a hard drive.
A. The most common operating systems for servers are Windows, Mac OS and Linux. While Windows OS often comes pre-installed in computers, Linux allows users to modify it as per their requirement. With the Linux operating system, you can choose from different distributions, such as, Fedora, Ubuntu and RedHat.
A. Linux as an operating system for web servers is quite frequently used by web hosting companies, because there is less downtime. On the contrary, Windows OS requires hand holding, which gets annoying for techies sometimes. Ubuntu and Fedora are the most popular distributions of Linux OS.
Windows Server 2016 Essentials edition is a cloud-connected first server, ideal for small businesses with up to 25 users... Read More About Microsoft Windows Server Essentials (MOLP)
Last Updated on : 30 Jan, 2023
A Server operating system (OS) is an operating system specifically designed to be installed on server computers. It is an upgraded variant of the operating system having features and capabilities needed for an enterprises level client-server system.
Get Advice from India’s
Best Software Expert
Server Solution | Wifi Management Software| Network Monitoring Tools| Load Balancing Software| WAN Optimizer| Application Virtualization| Load Testing Software| Mainframe Software| Mainframe Testing Tools| NAS Software| VDI Software| Virtual Server| Virtualization Management Software| Web Application Firewall| Virtual Private Server (VPS)|
A. Banks use different operating systems to support multiple applications. From different versions of Windows to Linux, banking servers use different servers depending on the required of specific applications.