A Quick Comparison Between Cisco Webex and Zoom Rooms
Let’s have a detailed comparison of Cisco Webex vs Zoom Rooms to find out which one is better. Let’s discover some of the essential factors that you must consider and decide whether Cisco Webex or Zoom Rooms fits your business.
Webex and Zoom are the two leading names in virtual communication tools, thereby playing an important role in optimizing online collaboration and communication. While both solutions share a common objective of enhancing remote interaction, they differ greatly in terms of their features, functionalities, and overall user experience.
We have differentiated both solutions based on their strengths and weaknesses, user interface, video-sharing, and more.
Webex vs Zoom: Overview
Webex is a popular platform that facilitates virtual meetings, webinars, and collaboration by offering features like video conferencing, screen, and file sharing. With a user-friendly interface, participants can easily join meetings from different devices. Its extensive security measures contribute to its widespread adoption in corporate and educational settings.
On the other hand, Zoom has been the go-to solution for both professional as well as personal interactions. The platform's seamless adaptability and reliability makes it a key player in the video conferencing software category, facilitating global connectivity.
Between Webex and Zoom, Webex is preferred for its comprehensive calling and telephony functionalities, while Zoom is favored for its seamless integration options.
Webex vs Zoom: Pros & Cons
- With Zoom, users can easily share and present their screens. On the contrary, screen sharing with Webex is complex as it can freeze the app.
- Hosting webinars with Zoom is complicated. But with Webex, you can easily hold webinars and add up to 3,000 attendees.
- When hosting a meeting with Zoom, you’ll get the option to create up to 50 ‘breakout rooms’, that is, Zoom rooms for individual meetings. However, Webex does not allow you to hold meetings with breakout rooms.
- When comparing both solutions based on video conferencing, Webex can accommodate up to 200 people, and Zoom can accommodate up to 1,000 users per video conferencing session.
Webex vs Zoom: In Terms of Features
- Video Conferencing Capabilities: Zoom and Webex both deliver HD video conferencing, but they differ in terms of their unique features and functionalities. While Zoom is known for its virtual backgrounds and 'break-out rooms', Webex focuses more on business features like file transfer, notes and polling. Unlike Zoom, Webex does not offer individual meeting rooms, and the video quality in Zoom is much better than Webex.
- Meeting Follow-Up: For any business, meetings and follow-ups are important. This enables the users to easily view previous meeting recordings and refer to them again when they need. Zoom is built with a unique participant reporting feature that checks all the members who have attended a meeting. However, this feature is missing in Webex.
- Storage: Cloud storage is important for storing call recordings and other important data when you are using the video conferencing feature. The more expensive plan you purchase, the greater the amount of storage you'll get. For instance, Webex' starter plan' and 'Plus' plan offers 5GB of cloud storage while Webex' Business' offers 10GB of cloud storage. Similarly, Zoom is no exception. Its paid plans come with a cloud storage limit of 1GB.
- Screen-Sharing: Both Webex and Zoom offer the functionality of screen-sharing. With Zoom, you can share your screen with up to 49 people at a time. On the contrary, with Webex, you can share the screen with a maximum of 25 attendees.
Webex vs Zoom: Ease of Use
As a working professional, it is important to opt for software that is easy to use and allows you to host conferences online. The overall UX of Webex is less straightforward compared to Zoom. For example, it takes longer for the users to join a meeting when invited by a host through Webex. This can be frustrating for users who are used to flexible options like Zoom that lays a strong emphasis on ‘bring your own device’ and users can easily join meetings in ‘one-touch’.
Webex vs Zoom: Capacity
When it comes to video conferencing features, it is important that whatever solution you choose can accommodate many users. While Webex can accommodate approximately 200 users, Zoom on the other hand, can accommodate up to 1,000 users per video conferencing session with an Enterprise plan.
Webex vs Zoom: Video Quality
Based on the video quality parameter, it is seen that Zoom offers better HD video quality than Webex. After all, you would not like your colleagues and clients to experience blurry videos. The overall video quality of Webex is not as good as Zoom.
Webex vs Zoom: Pricing
Pricing is a crucial factor that will help you choose between Zoom or Webex. While comparing both solutions, it is observed that Webex offers affordable pricing plan. Its basic starter plan pricing starts from INR 950 per month. On the other hand, Zoom’s basic plan starts from INR 1,300 per month. So, carefully assess your requirements and budget before choosing between Webex and Zoom.
Which is Better, Webex or Zoom?
Webex outshines Zoom in various areas, making it an ideal choice for most users. First and foremost, hosting webinars with Webex is simple and easy compared to Zoom. You can easily add up to 3,000 participants. In addition, it has better cloud storage capabilities than Zoom. You can easily store up to 10 GB of unlimited data with Webex.
However, Zoom shines under the integrations parameter by offering approximately 2,000 types of integrations. You can easily conduct online meetings for up to 30 hours with Zoom.