Business intelligence & analytics are basically data management software solution implemented in organizations to get present as well as previous data, and analyze new, raw information using statistics. These are used to deliver detailed insights for making better decisions in future.
What is Business Intelligence & Analytics
Business Intelligence – It deals with what has happened in the past and how it happened that has led to what the present situation is. Business intelligence can spot trends and patterns.
Business Analytics – It deals with the reasons of what has happened in the past and why. It analyses the factors that has caused it and why has it happened. This information is then used to predict what is going to happen in the future.
How Business Intelligence Tools Can Help
Best Business Intelligence tools for big data analysis help in multiple ways. From reporting to analysis and building intuitive reports it can help you perform a lot of things. It can provide:
- Accurate and fast reporting
- Business insights
- A complete analysis of past, present and future
- Accurate decision making
- Customer satisfaction
- Improved data quality
- Spotting trending market trends
- Higher efficiency
- Increase in revenue
Features & Capabilities of Best BI Tools for Data Visualization
The features and capabilities of the best BI tools for data visualization are endless. Let’s have a look at a few of them.
- 1. Data Collection: The data is collected in the BI software with the help of a variety of internet monitoring social media tracking channels. BI tools can perform this by using algorithms to sort out unstructured data and removing duplicate entries.
- 2. Data Analysis: After converting the raw and unstructured data into proper structured data sets, the BI tools can analyze the same.“What-if” analysis can also be done to predict the future impacts.
- 3. Reporting: Have a detailed view of the best as well as worst performing areas in your business. Get a view across multiple dimensions with the best BI tools for reporting.
- 4. Data Visualization: Visuals ranging from bars to pie charts are used to depict the information set present in hand. This helps because the mind processes visual data faster than plain text.
- 5. Integration: It has the ability to work in coordination with other software applications as well. BI software can work with existing infrastructure which includes 3rd party warehouses and SQL server configurations.
- 6. User Security: BI applications can also restrict particular users to access certain data sets. It allows you personalize different features to groups and individual users.
15 Best Business Intelligence Tools for Startups & Small Businesses
- SAP Business Intelligence
- Yellowfin BI
- Zoho Analytics
- IBM Cognos Analytics
- Clear Analytics
- Oracle BI
The following are the top 15 business intelligence tools that are suitable for startups and small businesses. They have all the necessary features that a BI tool needs to have. Let’s have a look at them:
SAP Business Intelligence
USP: Combines analysis and storytelling together
This is an integrated business Intelligence (BI) software which can be used at an enterprise level. It has the latest standards to provide one of the best BI software solution. It allows you to create high level database system which combines both transactions and analytics
- 1. Highly flexible software
- 2. Transparent solution for businesses.
- 3. Can be integrated with any system using SAP.
- 4. Easy space and setup utilization
- 5. Supports cloud as well as on-premise deployment
- 6. Simple architecture for data warehouse
- 7. Integration with non-SAP as well as SAP applications
USP: Combines analysis and storytelling together
This business intelligence (BI) platform is an integrated solution specially made for companies across industries. Now monitor and examine data easily with Yellowfin BI. It can be accessed from anywhere with the help of the World Wide Web or company intranet.
- 1. The dashboard can be accessed by anywhere.
- 2. Mobile BI features can be mapped easily.
- 3. Smarter decision-making features.
- 4. Data represented with interactive presentations and reports.
USB: Supports mobile BI
This enterprise analytics software helps people to make better decisions and improves their way of doing business. You get advanced features as well as analytics.
- 1. Easy maintenance
- 2. Predictive analytics
- 3. Easy to use
- 4. Advanced analytics
- 5. Big data solutions
- 6. WYSIWYG real-time report design
- 7. Multi-functional dashboard
USP: Best BI tool for Mac
Zoho Analytics self-service analytics and BI platform create interactive dashboards with data represented visually. AI-powered assistant is also available which lets users to ask questions, and in-return expect intelligent answers. It is one of the best BI tools for Mac.
- 1. Visualization options like tables, charts and widgets.
- 2. Hundreds of readymade connectors available for different apps, drives as well as databases.
- 3. Analyze data from multiple source with unified analytics system
- 4. ML and AI powered assistants that understand queries in NL (Natural Language)
- 5. Portals for embedded analytics and BI.
USP: Includes location intelligence
SAS Enterprise Miner is known for giving the right information at the right time. It can mine as well as alter data from different sources. You can retrieve that data and manage it while doing proper analysis on it.
- 1. Users and data sources can be connected with high quality data connections.
- 2. Business data can be protected with security resolution and issue identification.
- 3. Centralized governance and scalability is provided.
- 4. Data can be visualized with interactive designs.
- 5. Real-time analysis can be done with self-service reporting.
IBM Cognos Analytics
USB: Enables users without any technical knowledge to analyze data
IBM Cognos Analytics is an interactive BI tool which allows gaining data-driven insights in a controlled environment. It has the ability to create impressive dashboards and reports. This BI suite is a web-based tool and is developed by IBM. Also, IBM Cognos Analytics gives high data accuracy.
- 1. Analyze data with the specialized toolsets receive detailed insights.
- 2. Create personalized dashboards and read or write information anytime anywhere.
- 3. Get cloud support as well as full governance over your data.
- 4. Generate accurate reports online as well as offline.
- 5. Perform cross-departmental analysis.
- 6. Intent-based processing model available with predictive analysis.
USB: One of the best BI tools for healthcare sector
ClicData is a BI tool specifically designed to use by SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses). This tool like all other BI tools specializes in generating dashboards and reports. You can share data insights reports and various other metrics with individuals and groups. It is one of the best BI tools for healthcare.
- 1. Import, sort, and connect data in one platform.
- 2. Track the complete health of your business with this BI tool.
- 3. Share insights and metrics with individuals and groups.
- 4. Create data warehouse which is cloud-based.
- 5. ClicData can create reports regarding the progress of your projects.
- 6. Get live notifications in your dashboard
- 7. Perform extensive manipulation your data.
USP: Suitable for supply-chain management
Halo is a unique self-service business intelligence tool. This business intelligence platform helps in business planning for supply chain management. It incorporates and combines automated data transformation processes with assisted manual data manipulation.
- 1. Very intuitive interface.
- 2. Customizable self-service dashboard.
- 3. Discussions can be archived and shared in a collaborative manner.
- 4. Plan operations and sales
- 5. Demand and inventory planning
- 6. Customer and supplier management
- 7. Reports and analytics can be shown by interesting visualization.
USP: Best BI tool for SQL server
GROW cloud-based BI software allows business users and data analysts to control and find relevant information from their data. It is hosted on the Grow cloud and constantly supported by the development team of Grow. It is one of the best BI tools for SQL server.
- 1. Over 115 data connectors are used for different systems.
- 2. Various data visualization elements to create customized dashboards
- 3. Create unlimited no. of user accounts.
- 4. Manage SQL with an easy-to-use UI.
- 5. Easy intra and inter team communication facilities.
USP: One of the best BI tools in Excel
This BI software is an excel-based application that can be used by everyone having just the basic knowledge of Excel. It is one of the best BI tools in Excel. Get features like automating, creating and analyzing with Clear Analytics. You can easily extract information from large reliable data sources and create innovative reports.
- 1. Automate process so less human resource is required.
- 2. Create dashboards easily.
- 3. Easy graphical representation of data.
- 4. Get key performance indicators.
- 5. Indicating issues become easy.
- 6. Create strategic plans.
- 7. Get predictive analysis with this software.
USP: Available free of cost
Tableau BI tool is used for data visualization and discovery. You can analyze and visualize data without any professional help. Multiple data sources are supported like GA (google analytics), MS Excel, MS SQL and Oracle. Tableau offers standalone products like Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server that can be used as well.
- 1. Tableau is a free to use BI tool.
- 2. Supports mobile BI strategy.
- 3. Data visualization and exploration possible with in-memory architecture.
- 4. Add and access data from different sources.
- 5. Can be integrated with Microsoft SharePoint
- 6. Get one click rapid reporting with Tableau
USP: Helps make mobile enabled business decisions
An enterprise-level BI, Oracle BI is can give its users all the necessary BI capabilities. This includes mining data, creating dashboards, sending alerts, and many more capabilities. Oracle is excellent in analyzing large data volumes from various sources because of its robustness.
- 1. It utilizes OBIEE for reporting, query analysis and much more.
- 2. Oracle uses Common Enterprise Model for business analytics (BA) and calculations.
- 3. Access information and maintain a collaborative workplace.
- 4. Accurate and in-depth insights.
- 5. Get agile data discovery with Oracle Endeca Discovery.
Balance IT collaboration with business.
- 6. Access non- traditional and traditional data analytics data.
- 7. Make accurate business decision
USP: Ideal for predictive analytics & performance management
This intelligent tool combines features of corporate management and business intelligence. It is a toolkit which has business analytics (BA) and business intelligence (BI) in a single package.
Ad-hoc querying and multi-dimensional analysis help to make strong business decisions
- 1. Simulate, analyse and plan within a single platform.
- 2. Drill-down and drill-through functionalities are available.
- 3. Maintain planning and analytical applications.
- 4. Reporting can be done by accessing multiple data sources.
- 5. It is possible to put ad-hoc query
- 6. Multi-dimensional analysis is possible.
USP: Best BI tool for MongoDB
Perform data analytics and operational reporting that too with live charts and tables only with SeekTable. Get a user-friendly report builder for building charts, tables and datagrids. It is one of the best BI tools for MongoDB.
- 1. Expand or collapse and drill-down data exploration capability
- 2. Calculate running totals and percentages.
- 3. Build interactive reports with filters and sorting.
- 4. Data restriction possible.
- 5. Customizable formula-based dimensions and metrics.
- 6. Live reports can be generated.
USB: Best BI tool for Ubuntu
Pentaho is a business analytics platform as well as data warehousing. This software can be used to discover, access and merge different types of data sets. It is one of the best BI tools for Ubuntu.
- 1. It is an enterprise platform used to accelerate the pipeline.
- 2. Efficient development with the community dashboard.
- 3. No coding needed for big data integration.
- 4. Embedded analytics
- 5. Data visualization with customizable dashboards
- 6. Can be used in mongo dB
Q1. What is the impact of business intelligence?
Business intelligence has as very positive impact on the project’s performance in an organization. BI or business intelligence is used to convert large data into meaningful information. This information is then used in making better decision in a company.
Q2. What are the challenges with BI implementation?
There can be 3 types of challenges during BI implementation. It can be data-related, people-related and tech-related. Data-related challenges include poor governance and data quality. People related challenges would include company’s administrative and internal issues. And tech-related challenges would include technical problems.
Q3. What are the best business intelligence tools for visual studio versions?
The best business intelligence tools for visual studio versions is Microsoft Visual Studio 2019. There are several Best BI tools free to be used for managing Video Studio versions. But using an advanced level software like these is better than using any BI tools open source.