Summary: Forget the hassle of collecting cash, finding change, making your customers wait, and eventually delaying your own payments. Get an electronic card swipe machine to speed up payment collection and accept payments in your customer’s preferred way; be it credit/ debit card, UPI, net banking, or wallet.
With the rise of cashless culture, people now prefer to carry cards for various types of transactions instead of using cash. Why? Because it’s easy, hassle free and you no longer have to worry about your money being stolen.
Cards are everywhere; credit or debit and so are mPOS machines. You can find every individual carrying at least one card at all times.
What is Card Swipe Machine?
To make successful transactions via cards, one needs a card swipe machine. The main function of a card swipe machine is to process payments via credit as well as debit cards.
Few card swipe machines also have the capability to handle refunds such as Paytm swipe machine. You can get the details about transactions done on a day with a credit card swipe machine as well.
The ATM swipe machine can also be updated from time to time. ATM card swipe machine greatly help in operating retail stores, restaurants, showrooms and much more.
How Does a Card Swipe Machine Work?
Using a POS swipe machine is pretty easy. You swipe the card in the ATM swipe machine and voila! In less than 30 seconds you can see the money deducted from a customer’s account and deposited to the merchant’s account. But what actually happens in those few seconds? Let’s find out.
Here are 5 simple steps showing how to use swipe machine:
Step 1: Card Swiped
For any transaction to take place, the card and the card swipe machine should be in physical contact with one another. A transaction is active only after the magnetic stripe on the debit or credit card is moved or passed through a console at the merchant.
There are some other types of swipe cards which just requires tapping it to the EDC machine.
Step 2: Using Electronic System
Data is transmitted from the card through the EIS or electronic information system. There is a network connection established to verify all the details of the debit or credit card provided.
Most of the methods of establishing a connection requires electronic systems with the right programming that reads the information from the card that is swiped. It also needs a network connection with the help of a wireless network of a telephone line.
Step 3: Information Sent
After the swipe card comes in contact with the POS swipe machine, the information in the card is actually sent to a system to process the key information regarding the transaction. This step basically confirms if the debit or credit card is active and has enough money to pay for the purchase.
Step 4: Further Verification
Some card might also ask for other additional verification after swiping. This is done to confirm the identity of the user and their authenticity. Cardholders may also be asked to put their personal identification numbers while processing their transactions.
Step 5: Transaction Fees
A few of the cards might also deduct some transaction fees after swiping, in case the customer is using their credit card to pay. This is because a merchant is charged every time you make a transaction with a credit card. Technically, a percentage of 1.6 to 3 is charged to a company.
This is in addition to the amount the company has to pay annually by default for getting into the credit card verification criteria. The account holder in a bank might also be charged with some additional fees after the card is swiped.
12 Best Card Swipe Machines in India: Which Card Swipe Machine is Best
- Paytm Card Swipe Machine
- HDFC Swipe Machine
- SBI Swipe Machine
- Plutus POS
- Ingenico Move2500
There are several machines available, and the best one completely depends on one’s needs and requirements. Let’s have a look at the top card swipe machine providers:
Mswipe Wisepad is popularly used while making purchases with credit cards, however it can be used as debit cards swipe machine as well. It is safe and secure. This is often used in retail stores and by delivery executives. This machine can accept QR as well as contactless payments.
Why Choose Mswipe?
- Digital and contactless payment through mobile payment apps, bank apps, cards, wallets, QR code
- Great value prices with no hidden charges
- Easy integration with different scanners, printers and other POS machines.
Mswipe Machine Price: Get Mswipe Wisepad G2 at the starting price of just ₹1500.
PayUMoney mPOS machine provides most affordable card swipe machines in India. It is the newest brand in the market that has started making machines. It can accept debit card, credit card, RuPay, Visa and more. It is even used in the smallest shops in the world.
Why Choose PayUMoney Credit Card Swipe Machine?
- Zero setup cost
- Go live in 48 hours
- No monthly rentals required
- No minimum balance condition
- Link with any bank account
- Facilitates all payment options
- No documents required to start integrating
- Customized checkout experience
PayUmoney Card Swipe Machine Price: Its price is available on request.
Paynear ATM swipe machine is mostly used by the small and medium businesses. It is used in hotels, malls, hospitals, restaurants and in many more places. It is quite user to use and can be often seen at local kinara shops and retail shops.
Why Choose Paynear swipe machine?
- Credit and debit cards can be used simultaneously
- Provides card-on-delivery option
- Collects payments at customers’ convenience
- Acts as functional cash register with all the features needed
- Automatic settlements regarding every type of payments
- Customers can pay using wallets as well
Paynear Swipe Machine Price: The price is available on request.
PayPal (PayPal Zettle)
PayPal card swipe machine is widely known for online payment, but one of its main services also includes card swiping machines. One can easily send or receive money and even set up a merchants account with PayPal credit card reader.
All you have to do is type in the amount and swipe your card. You can even keep a record of all transactions in the machine.
Why Choose PayPal POS Swipe Machine?
- Simple pricing
- Accept all payment types
- Live customer support
- No long-term commitment
- Credit card security
PayPal Swiping Machine Cost: The price is available on request.
Bijlipay ATM card swipe machine provides the facility of data collection. It can also print digital receipts and capture digital signature. You will get access to all the real-time data related to your transactions with the help of mPOS machine.
It saves paper and helps manage end to end payment operations, which includes ME payouts and risk profiling.
Why Choose Bijlipay Credit Card Swipe Machine?
- Building custom payment methods is possible
- Manages end-to-end payment operations
- Provides the best-in-class transaction success rates
- All payment needs like mPOS, sdk int, eCommerce PG and GPRS POS are taken care.
Bijlipay Card Swipe Machine Price: It’s available at ₹4500.
Paytm Card Swipe Machine
Paytm swipe machine has recently launched their card swipe machines. They are suitable for all types of businesses. And as Paytm is popular with a lot of merchants, it seems aptly correct for Paytm to make their own card swipe machines. Paytm machines are secured, simple and suitable for all types of cashless payments.
Why Choose Paytm Debit Card Swipe Machine?
- All-in-one payment accepted
- Provides same day settlement
- Credit/debit card, UPI, wallet, and net banking can be used on a single platform
- Secure hardware enables secure payments
- Send e-receipts through SMS
Paytm Swipe Machine Price: The price is available on request.
HDFC Swipe Machine
HDFC Bank is the first bank in India that has launched its own POS swipe machine. The mPOS swipe machine enables all the digital payments. The credit card swipe machine also generates a report regarding all the credit and debit transactions at the end of each day.
Why Choose HDFC Swipe Machine?
- Accepts BharatQR, UPI, PayZapp wallet, and SMS Pay in addition to credit and debit cards.
- All payment modes accepted in one terminal
- Monetary benefits as it uses UPI which is the cheapest digital transaction
- Easy user-interface to select payment modes
- Secure payment for customers with less disputes and low chargebacks
- Upgrade to DiGiPOS with no additional cost
HDFC Card Swipe Machine Price: The price is available on request.
SBI Swipe Machine
State Bank of India has come out with SBI swipe machine services to make cashless transactions easier for customers. SBI provides 24×7 support in case of grievance related to its mPOS services and there is no compulsion to maintain a minimum balance.
Why Choose SBI ATM Card Swipe Machine?
- SBI Credit card swipe machine terminals are secure, avoiding card duplication
- Works seamlessly for merchants, boosting their sales
- Customers can trust services of SBI as it is one of India’s biggest banks
- No additional service costs
- Numerous point of sales terminals available such as PSTN, mPOS, NFS enabled, desktop GPRS etc.
SBI Swiping machine cost: Price is available on request.
Payswiff Swiping Machine
Payswiff swiping machine provides a secure and easy to use mechanism for merchants to accept payments and provide printed receipts. Payswiff swiping machine lasts longer due to its larger battery and works seamlessly with SIM and WiFi.
Why Choose Payswiff POS swipe machine?
- Merchants can accept both contact and contactless cards in this debit card swipe machine.
- It does not need to connect to an app or machine for transaction
- Send receipts to customers through SMS and Email
- Highly secure transactions
- This ATM swipe machine can be used to facilitate card on delivery option
Payswiff Swiping Machine Cost: Price is available on request
Mosambee Card Swipe Machine
Mosambee credit card swipe machine supports cashless payments through credit and debit cards. Mosambee ATM swipe machine can be connected to a mobile device and works on bluetooth technology.
Why Choose Mosambee ATM swipe machine?
- Compliant with RBI and credit card norms
- Using this POS swipe machine, you can accept swipe based and chip based cards
- It is economical for vendors and merchants
- Adhar and UIDAI authentication
- Suitable for all types of POS transactions: sale pre auth, void etc.
Mosambee swipe machine price: Price is available on request
Plutus POS is a simple to use that helps you quickly accept payments from customers. It is a secure option, and it accepts payments from different modes such as QR codes, wallets, UPI, to name a few.
Why Choose Plutus POS swipe machine?
- Transactions get processed in no time
- Plutus POS portable version available that can be connected to WiFi and 4G
- Quick integration with your billing system
Plutus POS swipe machine price: The price is available on request.
Ingenico Move2500 portable card swipe machine creates contactless payment experience to customers through a dedicated card reader zone and quick transaction flow. It is a pocket-sized POS terminal that comes with both wired (Ethernet and PSTN) and wireless (3G, 4G, dual SIM) communication capabilities.
Why Choose Ingenico Move2500 swipe machine?
- Long lasting battery for long working hours
- Complies with future security standards
- Offers all payment options including NFC couponing, wallet use cases
- Offers extended battery solutions
Ingenico Move2500 swipe machine price: The price is available on request.
Card Swipe Machine Price in India
|Card Machine||Pricing||Best For|
|Mswipe||Wisepad G2 – Starting price INR 1500||Digital and contactless payments|
|PayUMoney||Price available on request||Zero setup cost|
|Paynear||Price available on request||Card on delivery option|
|PayPal||Price available on request||Credit card security|
|Bijlipay||INR 4500||Capturing digital signature|
|Paytm Swipe Machine||Price available on request||Accepting all credit/debit card, UPI & more|
|HDFC Swipe Machine||Price available on request||Easy UI to select payment modes|
|SBI Swipe Machine||Price available on request||No compulsion to maintain minimum balance|
|Payswiff||Price available on request||Works seamlessly with SIM and WiFi|
|Mosambee||Price available on request||Compliant with RBI & credit card norms|
|Plutus POS||Price available on request||Quick integration with billing system|
|Ingenico Move2500||Price available on request||Long lasting battery|
How to Use a Card Swipe Machine?
Card swipe machines are mainly used to process payments via debit/credit cards across different industries. Here are a few steps showing how you can use a card swipe machine.
- For a transaction to take place, a card must touch or pass by the swipe card reader.
- The card reader then transmits data through electronic inforamtion system
- The next step involves sending the information from the card to the POS system to process the key information regarding the transaction. This step basically ensures that your debit/credit card has sufficient fund to carry on the purchase
- Some card swipes might require further verification like personal identification number to confirm the identity of the card user
- Lastly, swipe cards especially debit/credit cards involve transaction fees.
Importance of Using a Card Swipe Machine
With rapid advancement in technology, the means and modes of payment have also evolved. The varied payment mode has helped businesses operate smoothly even for small transactions. Not only this, but it also encourages customers to do impulsive shopping, which is beneficial for businesses.
In today’s time, contactless payments are becoming common so popular and local grocery shops are also investing in mPOS machines. Now that we know the popularity of POS swipe machines, it’s time to explore its benefits in detail.
- Card swiping broadens the customer base owing to the flexibility that card machines offer. Customers can pay online (debit/credit card, pin payment) or through digital wallets such as Google Pay.
- Card payments generally takes less time to clear than cheque payments, which also speeds up cash flow.
- All transactions are 100 percent safe and protected with multiple steps of verification.
Card swiping machines can make monetary transactions easier than ever. Cashless culture and the ability to move freely without carrying tons of printed notes have given a push to the rise of modern-day card swipe machines.
Card swipe machine price depends on the number of features one requires. By choosing the right one, one can make the payment process at their store, restaurant or any B2C business, extremely easy and efficient.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the best card swipe machine price I can get in India?
Card swipe machines are available for different prices in India. To obtain pricing details and demo, you can visit Techjockey.com.
- What are the different bank swipe machines used in India?
Different bank swipe machines used in India are Swipe machine HDFC bank, ICICI swipe machine, SBI swipe machine and Swipe machine Axis bank.
- How to get a swiping machine from a bank?
– The merchant can submit a request to their relevant bank. The bank would then demand that the merchant fulfil two criteria – Their establishment should exist legally, and they must be in business for more than 6 months.
– After this, the applicant would be required to submit their ID proof, address proof, financial documents etc.
– In the last step before installation, you would be required to pay one installation charge and monthly charges thereafter.
- How do I get a card swipe machine for shop?
The procedure to get a card swipe machine varies from one swipe machine to the other. For instance, if you are looking to buy Mswipe machine, visit the official website and browse the POS machine available in the product sections.
- Which bank is best for swipe machine?
The SBI POS terminal is a secure option to ensure ease in business transactions. It allows you to accept payments from customers using several payment modes such as debit/credit cards or pre-paid cards.
- What is the cheapest way to take card payments?
There are several payment service providers like PayPal Zettle, Square Terminal, etc. who allow you to accept card payments online. You can open an account with one of these providers easily and share a link with your customers to pay.
- What is the limit for swiping machine?
The limit for swiping machine varies from one swipe card machine to the other. For instance, in the case of Mswipe card swipe machine, there is a limitation in terms of the number of transactions or amounts that can be withdrawn through ATMExpress using a specific valid card.
- Does bank charges for swipe machine?
Yes, a hidden swipe fee to process the transaction is usually charged by banks to merchants whenever a customer chooses debit or credit card to make a payment.
- How many types of card swipe machine are there?
There are basically 5 types of card swipe machine namely mobile card readers, portable card readers, countertop, virtual card readers, and SoftPOS apps. All these payment terminals are well suited for different business types and sizes.
- Which is the best card swipe machine for small business?
PayUMoney and Paynear are the card swipe machine mostly used by small businesses. They are affordable swipe machines that can be linked with any bank account and also facilitates all payment modes like debit card, credit card, VISA & more.
- How to use Wi-Fi card in swipe machine?
In order to use WiFi or a contactless card, you need to search for the WiFi logo at the point of sale. While the cashier enters the purchase amount in the POS terminal, you will be able to see it on the contactless reader. Next, you have to hold your WiFi card either over the reader or at the POS but in proximity (less than 4 cm from where the logo appears). Finally, you will hear a beep sound or four green indicator lights once the transaction is complete.