Are you able to retrieve payment receipts at the time you need them the most? Do your customers at the store have to wait too long to get the items of their need? Are there incidences of pilferage recently?
An up-to-date POS machine is best for all types of stores, whether kirana, retail or departmental. POS software inbuilt into these POS machines helps business grab new opportunities as well as streamline the daily workflows.
Suggested Read: 15 Best Reseller Apps in India for Selling and Online Shopping
What is a POS Machine?
POS stands for point-of-sale which indicates the transaction between a merchant and a customer. A POS system is a combination of POS hardware and POS software to create a POS machine that is used for processing a payment.
A POS machine is actually an electronic device that is used to process card payments. It is better to be specific and select the one which has all the features that you need.
Common features that every POS machine has are credit and debit card acceptance, reporting and inventory management. Features can be industry specific as well.
Types of POS Machine
POS machine stands for all the hardware that together helps in secure checkout. It consists of several components, such as, card machine, card drawer, barcode scanner, epos machine (electronic point of sale) software, receipt printer, cash drawer, etc.
Modern checkout processes comprise all types of hardware and software to facilitate payment via cash and credit or debit cards. These POS machines ensure hassle-free payment via cash, debit or credit card.
- Standalone Card Terminal: This type of POS terminal works without cash register or POS software. Once you have tallied up the items, the next step is of entering the sales figure on the card machine keypad. It further connects with merchant bank and card issuer for transaction approval and prints the receipt.
- Integrated Terminal: This type of POS machine is integrated with the electronic point of sale software. It makes sending the transaction amount from the till screen to the card terminal much easier. It shows the payment total automatically and print a receipt.
- Cash Drawers: Cash drawers are often connected with the main system or tablet, and open automatically as soon as you enter the amount to be paid on the till screen. It also shows the amount that is to be returned to the customers and prevents pilferage significantly.
List of Top 11 Point of Sale Machine Available in Market
- Clonet POS
- AirPAY Mobile POS
- Rugtek POS Printer (RP80)
- Posiflex Jiva XT-2614Q
- NGX Billing Machine
- Nukkad Shops’ Android POS Device
- Mswipe Wisepad
- WeP Billing Printer (BP85T)
- Snapbizz Turbo
- Rugtek Cash Drawer
- NGX Bluetooth Thermal Printer
There are many barcode, printing and card swipe machine providers in Delhi and other parts of India. They are bringing the best of POS machines to businesses of all sizes to make payment processing easier.
Clonet POS is used by retails and restaurant businesses for managing menu, inventory, and sales. The POS software has order management capabilities aside from an advanced inventory management module. The POS system supports voice alerts and cash drawer support. Further, Clonet POS restaurant POS software helps create and customize restaurant menus, manage billing, print receipts, split bills, etc.
CloNet POS offers the following features:
- Multi store and location access
- Sales analytics and employee management
- Offline mode for managing your restaurant activities
- Kitchen printers and kitchen display screen
- Sales management through online & offline orders
- Electronic self-label
Starting Price: Price details available on request wit us.
AirPAY Mobile POS
AirPAY Mobile POS is a mobile payment solution, which makes accepting e-money and credit card payments easily. All you need is an iPhone or iPad and a card reader to take and track orders quickly. If you use this POS machine with AirREGI, which is a free POS cash register app, you will have even smoother business operations.
Key Points of AirPAY Mobile POS
- It is available for retail shops and restaurants across different locations
- It supports Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, Diners Club, etc.
- No charge for money transfer, and settlements can be done 3-6 times every month
- Settlement time is reduced, and remittance dates are informed via email
- It can be used only with an IC chip and PIN code card reader, ensuring data security
Starting Price: 500.00 INR /Month
Rugtek POS Printer (RP80)
Rugtek POS printer is a reliable Printing solution, which ensures thermal printing with resolution up to 203dpi (8dot/mm). With printing speed up to 250mm/S, this best POS system can help in reducing the queue at the check-out counter considerably.
Rugtek POS Printer Specifications Which Make It Worth A Buy
- Effective Printing Width: 72mm
- Paper Width: 79.5 ±0.5mm
- Paper Roll Diameter: 80mm
- Paper Supply Method: Easy paper loading
- Auto cutter: 1,000,000 cuts
Price of machine pos: 10710.00 INR Lifetime
Posiflex Jiva XT-2614Q
Posiflex Jiva XT-2614Q features many amazing features, such as energy-based ARM based processor, 14” wide screen display coupled with Android 4.4 operating system. Plus, this POS system has a sleek look with fanless design. So, you don’t have to worry about fan maintenance issues any further.
Ideal for hospital environment & retail stores, it provides the following features:
- Multi-position folding base
- Customer-facing application
- An extra VGA output
- True-flat PCAP touch with multi-touch support
Price: 42299.10 INR Lifetime
NGX Billing Machine
GST-ready NGX billing machine is a POS machine used for storing at a time details of around five-hundred items. The thermal printing technology ensures a smooth bill printing process and can process 200 items in a single bill.
Features of NGX Billing Machine
- Supports 2-inch paper
- Header/Footer max 10 line
- Capable of printing organization logo
- You can browse through items and edit them
- You can download data from personal computer to Billstar
Price on Request
Nukkad Shops’ Android POS Device
Android POS device from Nukkad Shop is a must-have for efficient billing & cash management. It streamlines billing and makes e-receipt generation easier. Additionally, this Android POS machine provides up-sell & cross-sell suggestions based on buyer behaviour and previous purchases.
Nukkad Shop POS Features
- Bill generation with every transaction
- Cash management with e-receipts
- Sales, financial reports & transactions
- Analytics & marketing campaigns
- Loyalty programs to connect with existing customers
Price of Nukkad Shop Machine POS: 3500.00 INR Lifetime
Accepting payment at your retail store is much easier now with Mswipe Wisepad. This Point of Sale machine assists with easier card payment via standard debit and credit cards including VISA, MasterCard and RuPay. All electronic receipts can be stored online to be accessed anytime and from anywhere.
Why get Mswipe Wisepad for your store?
- Accepts UPI, Samsung Pay and all cards
- Portable, compact, wireless terminals
- Charge slips are generated electronically
- Integrates with your existing bank account
- Easy accessibility to card transaction details – Online & mobile
Price on Request
WeP Billing Printer (BP85T)
WeP BP-85T PLUS Billing Printer machine comes with the feature of Data transfer from PC to billing printer and from billing printer to PC using pen drive. Also, it ensures Weighing Scale Connectivity, which makes it an ideal choice for grocery outlets, bakeries, sweet outlets, hotels, etc.
WeP Billing Printer Features
- USB interface
- Forward and Reverse Tax
- 3 Rate slabs
- Stores up to 2000 items
- Prints 2000 bills/ day
- 250 Items in a single bill
- Generates more than 300 bills on battery
- Generates 20 types of reports
- Provision to include GST and discount
Price: 18250.00 INR Lifetime
Snapbizz Turbo billing machine is an ideal pick to transform your kirana store into a virtual supermarket. This cloud-connected POS billing machine supports multiple languages like Tamil, Hindi & English. You can use the best POS machine to manage order, billing, inventory, creditors and push offers.
What Makes Snapbizz Turbo Billing Machine Easier?
- User-friendly POS billing machine
- You can manage all your customer credits in one place
- Send notifications & offers to customers easily
- Create the experience of a supermarket or an online app
- Produce itemised bills with their savings on printed receipts
- Three different, colour coded carts to bill multiple customers at the same time
Price: 50000.00 INR Lifetime
Rugtek Cash Drawer
Along with a stunning front panel is a powerful steel casing for metal cash drawers by Rugtek. Rugtek Cash Drawer is in India thus the best point of sale machine that also offers an access slot in the front for storing card receipts, cheques, or any other paper. It has a compact metal drawer with fixed five compartments for note & eight compartments for coins
Other Noteworthy Features of Rugtek Cash Drawer
- Lockable lid for the cash receiver
- Tray can be changed easily
- Compatible Driver Control JPOS/OPOS
- Durability up to 1,000, 000 operations
Price: 5175.00 INR Lifetime
NGX Bluetooth Thermal Printer
NGX Bluetooth Thermal Printer is an ideal application for hotel billing, fast food centres, bus ticketing, grocery & departmental store. It’s built especially for field applications and can print in multiple languages.
Features of NGX Bluetooth Thermal Printer
- 3″ thermal printer head
- Low power consumption
- Large capacity battery
- Bluetooth range – 5m
- 100km TPH life
- Supports Android Billing Software
- Supports Windows 7/8.1/10 32 bit/64 bit
Price on Request
Types of POS Systems
POS systems are being used by businesses of all sizes, be it a grocery store operating with a simple mobile payment processor or a restaurant having multiple branches.
To help you get a POS system which is suitable for your business type, we have created a brief category below:
- Tablet POS: This type of POS services can be easily used on tablets and requires minimal upfront cost. It can be easily integrated with cash drawers and barcode readers. This type of POS system is widely used in foot outlets, small-scale retail stores and quick-service restaurants.
- Online POS: Online POS system can be logged in from anywhere and from any laptop or PC. It doesn’t have specific hardware requirements. High-ticket retailers, pharmacy stores, spa & salon and other small retailers can use online POS conveniently.
- Terminal POS: POS Terminal a software & hardware-based POS system, which includes barcode scanners, cash drawers, printers and such. It often comes with cloud-based backup to ensure uninterrupted checkout in grocery stores, large restaurants and retail stores with high footfall.
- Self-Service Kiosk POS: Kiosk POS systems is used for specific purposes in large setups, such as retail stores, hospitals and schools. While in retail stores, it helps with patient check-ins, organizations use this for managing employee applications. Large retail stores widely use kiosk POS systems to ensure easy product look-up for pricing and availability.
What are the Advantages of POS Systems?
Are you struggling with the hassles of maintaining clunky cash registers? Chances are high that you are losing out on your loyal customers because of the poor service. People are looking for stores with faster transactions with different payment options.
If you have been hesitant in the past, it’s time for you to adopt a more cost-effective and efficient option. Here, we’ve listed some of the top benefits of using POS system for your business.
- Sales Reports
POS systems provide details about your sales and inventory status accurately. This way, you can plan your expenses and keep a better tab on your business financial health.
- Time Saving
POS system keeps you updated about the status of different items in the stock, so that you can re-stock them on time.
- Reduced Mistakes
Price of any object can be updated in an automatic manner. When prices are updated in real-time, chances of any loss or error is reduced significantly.
- Loyalty Program
POS systems records every customer detail, making it easy for you to run loyalty programs. Also, you can run promotional offers and ensure repeat visits.
- Employee Management
Online POS system helps track the performance of employees in terms of sales and other pre-set metrics. This way, you can keep your employees rewarded and motivated towards the larger business goal.
- Enhanced Payment Capabilities
With an advanced POS system, you can accept payments from diverse modes, be it mobile wallet, card or net banking.
- Inventory Management
Enjoy advanced inventory management capabilities with the latest POS technologies. Using this software, you can setup reorder triggers and know the product quantity in stock.
How to Use a POS System in Your Retail Store?
The basic function of a POS system is to shoot up your sales. What is required that you familiarize yourself with the system. As all POS solutions work differently, as a retailer you should know what works best for you. If you are a beginner, here is how you can use a POS system:
- Add items to the sale: The first step involves adding up products in the system. You do this by scanning the product’s barcode, look up for the product in the system, and using a sell screen for frequently bought items.
- Apply discounts: A discerning POS solution should be able to give retailers the flexibility so that they can connect the ongoing promotions, discounts or offers to a transaction. To put it simply, let’s say you run an ad coupon in newspaper that offers 20% off on any purchase. But when you go at the cash till, your retail POS system doesn’t accept the coupon. Then, your cashier adjusts the price in the product and now the product that was purchased at $200 gets retailed at $180. And now, though the transaction was fair, your system won’t be able to correct the discounted amount because of an improper POS solution.
- Take payments: This is the part where the cashier receives cash. Almost all POS systems come with payment handling capabilities. This is particularly useful for enabling you to give discounts, gift cards, buy now, pay later schemes, mobile payments, give out loyalty discounts, etc.
- Managing inventory through POS solutions: In retail, your sales and inventory are directly connected. That’s why, most of these POS solutions are coming up with inventory management features. Though each POS software’s features will be slightly different from the other, all of them will let you to set up a product catalog, product attributes, and their respective quantities. To execute this, you need to manually enter product details into the system or import a CSV file from your POS vendor.
- Multi-store inventory management: This is slightly challenging especially when you are running more than one retail store at a time. To make this happen, the retailer should have a centralized stock controlling system with the best POS installation so that managing multiple products from a single platform can become easy.
- Loyalty programs: Another way of rewarding your customers is by offering lucrative deals through sales programs and loyalty programs that are already ingrained in your POS software.
- Staff management: The POS software also helps in managing the staff’s attendance and performance for rewards.
- Reports: The retail POS software helps you in generating sales and inventory reports by the end-of-day. Timely making of these reports help you as a retailer to get a better understanding of your numbers.
- Customer relationships management: Retail POS systems come with the ability to create a customer database, manage the interaction history with customers and integrate marketing email campaigns.
Smart Tips for POS Installation in Your Restaurant
A restaurant has a specific set of requirements when it comes to POS software. The focus should be on choosing a restaurant POS system that can handle taking tips and customize orders (like no pineapple on your pizza), online orders, kitchen order tracking, etc.
The best restaurant POS solution further helps manage both online orders and table management. Meanwhile, some features of the retail and restaurant POS overlap with each other, for example, generating sales reports, employee management, and loyalty programs.
Are you still wondering how to setup a POS system in your restaurant for maximum conversions? Here’re the restaurant management software features essential for your business growth.
- Menu management: The restaurant POS software helps you with menu management and enables you to create menus, list out orders that are out of stock. It allows waiters to customize individual orders from the POS software.
- Kitchen display system (KDS): The KDS system with POS software for restaurants lets you send orders from the front-end of the restaurant (billing counter) to the kitchen station (back-end of the restaurant). The KDS shows you all incoming orders, their modifications, etc., without using paper tickets.
- Table management: POS installation enables you to customize tables with your specific layout so that you can see at a glance which tables are free.
- Mobile ordering solutions: The best POS for restaurant comes with features such as taking orders from anywhere in the shop using their phones. This is especially useful for restaurant businesses with long lines. For restaurants with seating arrangement, the POS solutions also offer pay on the tableside service.
- Inventory management: The POS software also provide inventory reports that details cost of recipes, stock monitoring of individual ingredient, and tracking purchase orders.
- Online ordering and delivery: Restaurant POS system also helps with food pickup or sends it out for delivery by either your staff or food pickup and delivery companies.
So, these were some of the best POS Machines in India along with the prices of the POS Machine. Depending on your business functions, you can get customized POS machines for restaurant, POS machines for hotels, POS machines for pharmacy, POS machines for grocery stores, etc.