The Whiteboard animation software helps create animated video content using audio mixer and colouring tools. Text features, inbuilt templates and images help with giving videos a rich imagery and background. Businesses, individuals and companies using the video scribe software for purposes such as training employees, promoting products, creating interactive video content, etc.
Why prefer whiteboard animation videos over traditional ones?
It is beyond doubt that the number of online users is on the rise and so is people’s interest in going through rich animated content for varied purposes. Stats indicate that six out of ten people depend on online videos for entertainment, education and information sharing purposes. Education or training, whatever be the reason behind people preferring whiteboard animation videos.
Whiteboard animation videos is known for simplifying different ideas and ensuring better retention and interaction. Unlike traditional or life like videos, animation content is deeply engaging in nature and thereby more preferred.
What is Whiteboard Animation Software?
Whiteboard animation software helps convey any story or idea interactively through the sequences drawn on a whiteboard. It replaces traditional educational videos where hosts would record themselves while they are explaining any concept on a physical whiteboard.
Whiteboard animation free software for PC has given a creative twist to the traditional approach and is quote engaging in nature. As a result, white board animation software is quite popular among marketers, educators, animators, and more.
How to Create Whiteboard Animation Videos?
Whiteboard animation videos are explanatory in nature while at the same time being highly entertaining and interactive. The steps required in creating online animation video content with the help of a whiteboard animation software are:
- Step 1 – Innovative Content
Script or content of the video matters aside from great animated characters. Ultimately this animation depends on content that the video would narrate. So make sure the content or script is innovative and interactive.
- Step 2 – Storyboard
Develop a storyboard depicting the characters/story of your content. Storyboards can later on be converted into videos.
- Step 3 – Style
Think about the style you would want the whiteboard animation video maker to provide. Glass board, notebook are some good examples of themes available in open source whiteboard animation software and paid ones for styling the videos.
- Step 4 – Stroke Style and Colour
Different stroke styles and colours make whiteboard animations more appealing and attractive. Colour tools, style forms, etc. are all built in within the best whiteboard video makers.
- Step 5 – Final Touch
Adding animation is the last step for creating whiteboard animated videos. Texts, lines, effects, adjustment of timeline, sound/audio and background music are all final touchups required in online whiteboard animation video creation.
List of 12 Best Open Source & Free Whiteboard Animation Software in 2021
- Raw Shorts
Free and open source whiteboard animation software solutions have integral features attached to them for creating high quality videos. The best free whiteboard animation software solutions in 2021 are:
Organizations and businesses use Renderforest whiteboard animation software for developing animated promos, advertisements, explainer videos and business presentations. With hundreds of animated characters, interactive scenarios and music available, you are free to create stunning animated content. RenderForest whiteboard animation software also provides animated video templates and free tools.
- Company presentation toolkit
- Online video editor
- Audio visualisations
- Outro maker
- Kinetic typography
- Site builder
- Logo maker
- Landing page creator
- Music visualisations
Premium Pricing: It’s a free whiteboard animation software without watermark that provides 30 MB storage. For more storage space and HD video quality, you start with its ₹699/month plan.
Supported Devices: Windows and Web App.
- A huge template bank and toolkits available with this whiteboard video maker
- Good storage options at competitive prices
- Self-explanatory graphical user interface
- Permission to use commercial music
- Pay per product pricing is relatively high for a single video
- Visualising a video on different devices and sizes could be devised
Animaker whiteboard video maker is used by animation professionals and amateurs for creating animation videos in a few simple steps. You can use its drag and drop builder feature for developing live action videos. It also provides a stock of over a thousand photo/video templates that can be used for preparing instant whiteboard animated content.
- Infographic video maker
- Animaker voice
- Thumbnail maker
- 2D animation videos
- GIF creator
- Character builder
- Instant resizing for social platforms.
Premium Pricing: Animaker for Windows is a free whiteboard animation software without watermark. For its premium plans, you can visit our product page.
Supported Devices: Windows
- Create excellent videos worthy of publishing on social media without any prior expertise
- The drag and drop feature of the open source whiteboard animation software works magically.
- Graphical user interface of this whiteboard animation software open source feels outdated
- The whiteboard animation software lags and skips sometimes
VideoScribe whiteboard animation software used for creating, sharing and publishing video content in less time. It is also available as a whiteboard animation software free download on trial basis for limited time so that you can check the application for typing text, selecting images and adding voiceover/music.
- Export/import scribe files
- PNG and JPEG sequences
- Voice recording
- Drag and drop
Premium Pricing: Currently the software is available at a price if ₹1271. More information regarding this pricing plan can be accessed by putting to us a request for callback.
Supported Devices: Windows and Mac
- Making short and animated videos are easy to use and give uniqueness to your work
- The whiteboard animation software enables you to develop interesting training modules
- Clipart option of the whiteboard software needs more work to do
- Font and color changing for a single word in a sentence can get difficult
Powtoon free whiteboard animation maker is helpful for the creation of visually appealing professional video content. Short videos and animations can be easily drawn through this whiteboard animation software. You can create delightful educational, training or marketing content and share it through available social media platforms. Businesses are widely using Powtoon software for creating PowerPoint videos and YouTube video ads.
- Custom fonts
- Third party reseller rights
- Premium exports
- Unlimited access to content
- MP 4 downloading
- HD video
- GIF and image file representation
- Publish as PPT/PDF
- 5 looks style chooser
Premium Pricing: You can get your free account on Powtoon and start creating attractive whiteboard animation videos. However, Powtoon business plan start at around ₹1430/month.
Supported Devices: Web based
- The whiteboard video maker makes your video stand out, moving images from point A to point B is easy.
- In this whiteboard animation software open source, diverse characters serve different users, and people of different color.
Cons: You have to pay separately to remove a watermark in this whiteboard animation maker.
Raw Shorts is one of the best whiteboard animation software used for converting text into animated videos of your choice. The YouTube whiteboard animation software deploys AI intelligence for scanning, analysing, assembling and customising text content for video creation. You will get animated whiteboard templates where you can drag and drop different elements to make it ready for rendering and sharing.
- Animated explainer videos
- Motion backgrounds
- Real estate video templates
- Stock video
- Promo video maker
Premium Pricing: The monthly plan of Raw Shorts software starts at around ₹4450. You can use the free whiteboard video maker on trial basis for a limited period of time.
Supported Devices: It’s a browser-based whiteboard animation software and runs on any device.
- This best free whiteboard animation software without watermark has the best cost per value ratio
- Massive templates libraries
- This whiteboard animation maker is quite easy to use
- No control over transition time
- End up with bugs showing in cut videos with some browsers
Animiz whiteboard animation software helps develop professional animation content for publishing and sharing. You can use this video maker free online on trial basis for testing the application adding watermarks, GIFs, vector images, templates and charts. Aside from these, end users can access the platform for editing videos, adding animation effects, importing PowerPoint and putting subtitles.
- Scene transition effects
- Background music
- Hand drawn animation
- Voice over
- Scenes per project
- Built in roles
- Vector images
- Voice change
- Audio merge
- Bar charts
- Sound/role editing
- Animation effects panel
Premium Pricing: You can begin with the Standard plan of Animiz whiteboard animation software at ₹2190 per month.
Supported Devices: Windows 7/8/10/XP/Vista
- The whiteboard animation maker is easy to pick up after a little practice from watching the tutorial
- Sound editing and many more features are available in the free version
Cons: This whiteboard video maker doesn’t support Hindi font.
Best Whiteboard Animation Software Online for Education & Other Purposes
Whiteboard animation software provides 2D and 3D motion aside from helping create some of the best custom characters. Some of the best whiteboard animation software for education, training, marketing and other purposes are:
FilmoraPro animation tool offers advanced editing tools for letting end users develop precise video/animation content. Additional features such as automatic stabilisation, inbuilt screen recorder and preset transitions help create professional high definition content for viewing, sharing and publishing.
You can enhance the audio quality, add your signature style to every clip and do a lot more with FIlmoraPro by Wondershare. This whiteboard animation software free provides additional features to add text and titles, lights and flares, and warp and distort.
- Audio compressor
- Motion tracking
- Text and titles
- Pan and zoom
- Ease in/ease out options
- Wrap and distort
Premium Pricing: You can use the whiteboard video maker freely on trial basis for limited time. Otherwise it is available at a price of ₹11,379 for lifetime. More details about price details can be accessed at our product page
Supported Devices: Windows and macOS
- Several preset options are available with this whiteboard video maker
- Uploading audio, media files is easy
- Fast video trim/edits are available
- Some transitions are too animated
- Software jumps back and forth between online and local software
Utilise Explaindio whiteboard animation software for doodle sketches, motion videos and 3D/2D animation. The drag and drop of this whiteboard animation creator is critical for developing professional video content and customising it with messages. You can easily export and share content made through Explaindio whiteboard video maker.
- Pre made text animations
- Multi timeline editing
- Import images/videos
- Hundreds of fonts available
- Background audio tracks
Premium Pricing: You can get in touch with us regarding the price details of Explaindio.
Supported Devices: Desktop software for Mac and Windows PC
- As one of the best whiteboard video maker, it enables easy integration of 2D and 3D animations
- Allows you to create explainers, doodle sketch, full motion videos
- Gives a tough competition to existing software in terms of pricing
Cons: No tutorials are available on YouTube
Camtasia edits videos for tutorial and presentation purposes. The software uses screen recordings for adding effects and templates in order to develop high quality video content. You can take advantage of this whiteboard animation video maker’s flexible intuitive tools for some relevant high definition rich video material. It is an open source whiteboard animation software without watermark and is available on trial basis.
- Quiz maker
- Transitions between screen and slides.
- Zoom in/zoom out & Pan
- Annotations and call outs
- Webcam and screen recording
Premium Pricing: Camtasia is available on trial basis as free whiteboard animation software without watermark. It is otherwise available for ₹20,467 on lifetime basis. You can get in touch with us and access more details about its pricing plans.
Supported Devices: Windows and Mac
- The open source whiteboard animation software comes with advanced editing features
- You get the ability to add graphic overlays like logos
- Various editing options make it easy to adjust on space, timing, etc.
- The whiteboard software lacks cross-compatibility with different versions
- Transition and animation features are a bit challenging
Customised infographics, whiteboard animated videos or graphic recordings, TruScribe video scribe software helps with all types of creative projects. Squilgl tool within this whiteboard video maker translates texts into videos for tutorials, presentations and demonstrations. You can make hand-drawn whiteboard videos that presents even a complex information in a simple manner.
- Digital graphic recording
- Artist’s hand insert
- Background images
- Editing tools
Premium Pricing: Use TruScribe as free whiteboard animation software, available on trial basis for limited time. Pricing details for the premium plan is available on the official website.
Supported Devices: Web app, iOS and Android
- Rich and vast library of cartoons to choose from
- The free whiteboard animation software without watermark comes with a music library to choose from
- You can export hi-quality Full HD videos, in different formats
- Option of recording the video in MP4 format is missing
- Its user interface needs to be worked upon
Vyond whiteboard animation software is an interactive tool for engaging diverse audiences through professional animated videos. This whiteboard video maker is available on trial basis and lets users experiment with visual communication techniques to interact with the audience. Businesses are widely using Vyond whiteboard animation software for internal communication and marketing purposes.
- Expanded timeline
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Global editing
- Premade templates
- Legacy video migration update
Premium Pricing: You can opt for its yearly plans to save more. All pricing plans are available on its official website.
Supported Devices: Windows 7/SP 1 and later versions, and Mac
- The whiteboard video maker has easier text controls
- Equipped with demo tutorials
- Object replacing is extremely easy to do
- It takes you sometime to get a hang of it
- No free trial available
EasySketchPro tool provides many advanced design tools for creating sketch videos in easy simple steps. The whiteboard animation software deploys drag/drop tool, import option and uploading for final development of animated video content. Online marketers, businesses and enterprises utilise the software for advertising about their products.
- Drawing time settings
- Royalty free images
- Professional polished backgrounds
- Background music upload
Premium Pricing: The price of this whiteboard animation software is available on its official website.
Supported Devices: PC and Mac
- The whiteboard animation maker enables you to create attractive videos quickly
- Provides advanced design tools for creating sketch videos
Cons: Sometime the whiteboard animation software hangs during transition.
How to Find the Best Free or Open Source Whiteboard Animation Software
Right now there are plenty of whiteboard animation software available in the market. So how will you adjudge which suit you best? Especially, when you don’t have a prior background of using a whiteboard software. But don’t worry, we are here to help. Following are the reasons that you must consider before choosing the best open source whiteboard animation software for you:
- Pricing: Since we are talking about open source software, it has to be free. That’s the first prerequisite. If you are someone who has no background of how to use a whiteboard software, it would intelligent to first try your hands on some free whiteboard software, as spending money on something that you don’t understand is not very wise. Hence, take your time and understand your requirements and learn what works for you.
- Demo: Prior going ahead with particular software, it would be advisable that you take a demo of prospective software. Because unless you understand your needs or know how the software will work for you, you will only end up wasting your time. Take someone’s help and try to learn its commands and applications, as it will help you in the next step.
- Features: This is a further step after demo, where you get to learn what all features software has and how it can work for you. So, only if you know the features well and understand how it works, investing time in it will be of some consequences. You must be aware of its tools, features, what it can do and what it can’t do.
- Usefulness: Understand how useful the software will be for your business. But to understand, you will have to know your requirements, your needs. If you can do that, it will be of any use to you. Otherwise all your efforts have gone in vain.
- Easy to use: One more important thing that should be the deciding factor for you to choose which free open source whiteboard animation software are you going to pick, is the one that is the easiest for you. Because after all, it is you who is going to use it. Hence, if you aren’t comfortable using it, there is a big problem then.
- How to find the best whiteboard animation software?
Look for features such as annotating tools, intuitive mechanisms that help add images/graphics/audios, pre built templates, editing functionalities, shortcut keys for keyboard, zooming options and screen recording. These are highly crucial for developing an interactive whiteboard animation video content.
- What are the steps to create a whiteboard explainer video?
The basic steps to creating whiteboard explainer videos are:
a. Selecting content, which is interactive and fun
b. Creating storyboard that depicts the content curated so far.
c. Next, style the storyboard through themes available within paid or free whiteboard animation software without watermark.
d. Add varied strokes and colours to all the content created so far.
e. Lastly, give final touchups in the form of text, audio, background music, etc. to come up with the final whiteboard animation video.
- Is there any whiteboard animation app?
- How to Use Open Source Whiteboard Animation Software for Maximum Results?
Paid or open source whiteboard animation software enables you to meet your animation requirements for business purposes easily. The software offers you tools that enable you to easily create whiteboard videos in no time.
Using animation in content creation can be hugely rewarding for the audience as according to a study, the human mind can process visuals 60000 times faster than written content.
Another reason why you should use the paid or free whiteboard animation software, is its simple features. Using whiteboard software doesn't require extraordinary technical skills. To optimize the performance of your whiteboard animations, follow these key points:
a. Create short videos of 60-90 seconds
b. Use relevant images for easy explanation
c. Set the video speed that is not too fast
d. Take help of professionals for the voice over