Why would you go for Salesforce DX if you already are doing well with Salesforce? This is a question that you may ask as you learn for the first time about DX and associated services which are offered with it. The reason is not one but many. There are multiple benefits which you would enjoy with DX as you delve into the functions and features of this tool.
What is Salesforce DX?
The first thing you need to know is that Salesforce DX is not a software that you need to learn or install, but only a tool which is going to top up your existing salesforce platform with more robust features and performance enhancements in a variety of ways. This does not need you to install any new software, use extra storage or learn a new set of codes. It’s all cloud-based, and just gets added to the existing Salesforce platform you are using, without any requirement of extra storage, or any extra infrastructure. You also need not learn any codes etc. to start working with DX. The interface of Salesforce DX is the same as Salesforce. That is why you can actually start working with DX the moment you install it in your Salesforce platform through the same rules and ways you use Salesforce. Code based executions are replaced with click-based ones to make things easy.
Some of the benefits of Salesforce DX
Here are explained some of the great features of Salesforce DX, which would tell you why it is special:
- Delivery gets streamlined using it because without having to use codes you can learn the functionalities of the platform in just a few hours.
- The ease of both making declarative changes and deploying configurations is impressive with DX.
- All developers can be empowered to make changes and design their own features all through the use of DX-based enhanced features.
- Salesforce platform used by admins simply gets more strengthened and smart with the integration of enterprise-strength features of DX.
- Last minute merging of user stories into one single deployment just before you deploy by simple drag and drop feature is unbelievably smart.
- Deployments which are unwanted and can lead to troubles can be rolled back, thereby making deployment management much better.
- Overall deployment time can be reduced by 32%, and you may also use features like quick deploy to make it faster.
- Deployments which are unauthorized can be stopped, and you may activate the requirement to take permissions from authorities before deploying with approval systems.
You can enjoy all of these and much more when you get to the next level of release management by implementing Salesforce DX with associated helpful integration services like Flosum.com.
Services you enjoy with Salesforce DX can enhance your release management capabilities to such an extent without taking any hassle that you would love your job more than earlier. To start with you should talk to one of the DX integrating solutions, and get ideas on how to work.