What Is Childcare Management Software?
Childcare Management Software helps daycare and childcare institutions to manage their day-to-day business tasks as well as provide impeccable childcare assistance. It automates the administrative part of childcare/daycare, streamlines communication, and enhances your daycare services for improved efficiency.
It manages the entire daycare process, right from enrollment to daily monitoring of the children’s activities, billing, staff management, and class schedules. The robust software allows managers and business owners of the daycare/childcare to be on top of every situation.
Technology has begun to dominate administrative tasks. The advent of automation has enabled businesses to automate their pen-and-paper tasks, streamline business functions, and create a single source of information storage. Daycare centers, just like every other business, require technology to ease administrative management. Read more to find out how Childcare Management Solutions can help daycares and preschools.
Why Use Childcare Management Software?
If you run a daycare or provide childcare services, childcare software is your best friend. From managing the administrative tasks to ensuring that your classes are scheduled without any hiccups and your staff is managed well, the daycare software takes care of it all. It saves hundreds of hours that would go into manually managing administrative tasks and help businesses reduce operational costs. Read more to know how you can leverage daycare management software to boost your business.
- Manage administrative tasks
- Optimize communication with staff and parents
- Manage staff and class schedules effectively
- Automate billing and payments
- Automate labor-intensive tasks
Who Uses Child Care Software?
Childcare software is used by a lot of varied users within the childcare industry. With its wide range of features, it is used by:
- Traditional daycare center: Most daycare centers use this software to manage their administrative tasks as well as ensure the smooth functioning of the center.
- Licensed family child care homes: Some parents prefer daycares with a home-like setup instead of a classroom setup. This software can help you manage your childcare homes.
- Preschools: Preschools also use this software to streamline their operations and focus on providing impeccable services.
- Parents: Parents can use a parent portal or a companion app to receive updates and track the progress of their kids in real-time.
How Does Daycare Software Work?
Daycare software streamlines the management of daily functions of a daycare. The software ensures easy admission and onboarding of children to the daycare. With this software, you can create a record of all the students with their immunization details and other details to ensure their safety while in daycare.
Once the details are updated, centers can use the software to create classroom schedules and share the progress with respective parents. Further, the automated billing and payment function allows centers to send automated reminders about the fee and payments and parents can make the payment online.
Major Features of Childcare Management Software
The daycare software is a robust tool to streamline your daycare operation and improve service levels. The wide range of features covered by Childcare Software includes:
- Administration: Childcare centers have the same requirements as any other business. This includes managing the back office, accounting, staff, and more. Additionally, it also includes childcare data and activities management. The childcare management software helps manage childcare processes along with back-office functions and integrates accounting software to automate billing and invoicing.
- Parent Portal: The parent portal or the companion app allows parents to gauge the progress of their kids and receive regular updates from a daycare center. This portal can also be used to make payments and update the immunization record of their children.
- Attendance Tracking: The teacher or care workers can use the software to track the attendance of kids coming to the daycare. Digital update saves time and enables daycare centers to keep a record in a single database to plan activities and purchase necessary supplies.
- Classroom Management: Daycare workers and teachers can plan the lessons or activities while also keeping track of the progress of students. This feature also helps parents gauge progress in real time by getting timely updates regarding their child’s performance through a dedicated portal
- Billing & Invoicing: Automate billing and invoicing for the parents so you don’t need to manually follow up for the payment.
- Reporting & Analytics: The childcare management reports help simplify the management of your daycare day-to-day activities. A standard operating procedure requires effective staff and room reporting and childcare management software helps you with that. This report includes staff training resources, and licensing compliance, among other things. Once the report is completed, they are uploaded on the portal for staff and management to quickly access them. Besides, you can also track day to day info using the daily reports while the child report helps families keep a close tab on their kids' activities.
- Child Portfolios: This helps you store photos and videos to show a child’s progress and make child portfolios for parents. This will allow parents to have access to important pictures, recordings, and notes and they can keep a record for the future.
- Roster Management: Using this feature, you can view your entire staff’s schedule, create and manage conflict-free schedules/shifts to take care of children, send them shift notifications, automatically calculate their pay, and more.
- Enrollment: Using the enrollment feature, you can give your enrollment forms a digital upgrade. It would help you to enroll students in your childcare more securely and conveniently. Apart from that, it also helps in forecasting enrollment numbers to take better decisions regarding staffing, scheduling, supplies, open locations, activities, and more.
- Payroll Processing: A childcare management system comes along with the payroll module that helps track employee work hours, generate payroll on time, and is accessible from anywhere.
Benefits of Using Childcare Management Software
- Automates Paperwork with Ease: If you spend hours and hours just manually updating your records on paper, there is a better way you can update your records with more speed and accuracy. With no database and just a vast pile of files and folders, you might even end up with duplicate copies without knowing. With robust childcare management solutions, you can automate most of these tasks. It helps you with multiple processes, including getting signatures from parents, updating diet records, managing daily reports, and more. You can also easily share these documents with other people.
- Tracks Attendance in Real Time: Childcare software programs are popular among daycares because of their ability to accurately track attendance. With some parents looking to spend time with their kids in daycare and some looking to drop their kids and leave, daycares need to keep an accurate record of the children coming and going.
- Streamlined Billing & Payments: With the digitization of childcare management, daycare management software helps childcare centers to streamline their billing and payment processes. Daycares can automate billing process, which sends an automated invoice to parents when the daycare fee is due. This also helps businesses keep an accurate record of their billings, which speeds up the reporting process.
- Enhanced Communication: When operating a daycare, it is pertinent that you are able to effectively communicate with parents as well as teachers in the playschool or daycare. You can relay important messages to parents and your staff with the help of child management software. This allows parents to get real-time updates about their children’s progress in the daycare.
- Reduced Cost: With a plethora of automation at your disposal, you can save up a lot of manpower that would usually go into maintaining the processes manually. This reduces the need to hire dedicated staff to maintain paperwork since the software would do that for you.
- Improved Quality of Service: With a streamlined business function and automated tasks, you can focus on enhancing the quality of service being offered. The management can decide how they wish to provide more personalized service and spend more time focusing on children.
How to Find the Best Daycare Software?
Before buying any daycare software, one must look for certain factors:
- Check for Crucial Features: Before choosing any daycare software, identify the pain points you need to address as a childcare provider. Therefore, depending on the facilities that you offer, you can select the best daycare software for yourself. For instance, if you offer a daycare facility, then look for features like nap time tracking, vaccination tracking, etc. However, if you also offer an education center, look for additional functionalities to schedule classes, lessons, etc.
- Assess Automation Capabilities: It is crucial to understand the type of operations it can automate to save your time and effort. Check if daily processes can be automated including attendance tracking, child check-in, payment reminders, etc. so that you can focus on core tasks.
- Billing Management: Consider buying childcare software that would allow you to directly send invoices to parents via email. It will help improve the billing process and minimize delays in payment.
5 Best ChildCare Management Software
|Software ||Features ||Best For |
|HiMama ||Alerts/Notifications, Attendance Management, Attendance Tracking, Billing & Invoicing ||Communicating with parents, Running assessments, Creating lesson plans |
|LineLeader by ChildcareCRM ||Lead Capture, Lead Management, Performance Reporting, Marketing Automation, Online Registration ||Delivering exceptional childcare experience,Faster responses to inquiries |
|OWNA Child Care App ||Documentation, CCS & Payments, Educator Management, Multi Centre Management ||Building better relationship with parents, Managing staff efficiently |
|Procare ||Business Insights & Reporting, Attendance Tracking, Video Support, Wait List Management ||Classroom Management, Payment Processing, Family Engagement |
|Kangarootime ||Automated Billing, Parent Engagement, Classroom Management, Analytics ||Automate billing & invoicing, Communicate with families, Effectively manage staff |
Childcare Management Software: Industry Trends
The Childcare Management Software industry, which is expected to reach a market cap of Rs. 19+ Billion by 2027, is guided by these prominent market trends:
- Mobile device integration: Nowadays, daycare management software is also available as an app. More and more software providers have introduced apps for mobile to manage administration tasks and connect with parents. These applications can let you track the arrival and departure of children by letting parents check in and out of the premises. The application would also be aimed at enhancing communication and building a community for parents.
- Staff’s L&D: The industry is expected to boost its learning and development efforts to attract and retain top talents that match your organization’s standards. Online courses in childcare management and upskilling in technology and software would be driving factors in this industry.
- IoT: The emergence of technologies like IoT (Industrial Internet of Things), AI (Artificial Intelligence), etc. into the childcare system is expected to benefit daycare centers in the long term. This is because half of the manual work would be automated including monitoring infants and their activities, supervision of their nutrition intake, tracking their health status, and offering them with toys that are equipped with IoT technology.
- Social Media Integration: Integration of childcare software solutions with different social media tools is expected to elevate the growth rate of childcare software in the market. Due to the interconnection of social media tools with childcare software, childcare centers find it easy to connect with parents using social media.