Poly is an electronics company that specializes in manufacturing audio and video communications equipment for domestic and business usage. Poly products provide the best in-class support for gaming, mobile use, music, and unified business communications. Poly products ensure frictionless communication with powerful video, audio and screen sharing capabilities. Poly products make it possible for users to embrace new ways of working and communicating
, as the line between work from home
and work from office is getting blur.
History of Poly
Poly, formerly known as “Plantronics,” been in audio equipment production since its inception in 1961. It got renamed after Plantronics took over “Polycom” in 2018. The company got its success in its first year of operation when it redesigned the bulky design of airline headsets for United Airlines. Furthermore, the company also provided headsets for NASA during the first successful moon landing. Neil Armstrong’s famous “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind” were spoken through a Plantronics headset. Poly, as a company has always had an innovative approach to make products long lasting and user-friendly.
Products Offered by Poly
Poly today offers a wide range of products ranging from headsets
, video conferencing
hardware and services, phones, accessories, and various kinds of operational services. Here is a brief introduction of products and services Poly provides:
- Headsets: Poly offers a wide range of headsets for different purposes. It offers specialized headsets for mobile, office, call center, wireless stereo, sports, aviation, air travelling, and other uses. In addition to that, it also manufactures complementary accessories for headsets such as port variants, PTT (Push-To-Talk), in-line adapter, etc. Specialized headset designs for professionals enable users to work with higher productivity levels.
- Conferencing Systems: Poly provides top notch video conferencing equipment for companies to transform any type of room or free space into the meeting area. It captures everyone in the room with a wider field of view range. Plus, it offers a video conferencing infrastructure for offices to deploy, manage, and connect with clients and employees on a global scale.
- Phones: Poly specializes in the production of unified communication devices. It has a range of desk phones, conference phones, speaker phones, mobile phone stations, etc. Phones provided by Poly aim to do one simple thing – to make the task of calling simpler and effective. Furthermore, Poly offers installed audio systems which help in delivering HD sound quality in video conferences.
- Accessories: Poly provides add-on accessories for all its devices to boost usage capabilities. Add-ons include things like charging apparatus, mounting stands, etc.
- Services: Poly has branched out from hardware production to service industry in recent years. The company offers cloud services to amplify the device usage. It also excels at providing employee training for various types of businesses.
Industries Where Poly Products Are in Demand
Poly products finds its usage in various sectors of the industry from space exploration to domestic usage. The company produces devices for:
- Regular offices
- Work from home setups
- Financial Services
- State and central government
- Media and entertainment
- Aviation, among many others.
How Does Poly Support the Modern Workforce?
Poly products are designed to work in every type of work environment in order to accelerate the productivity
of the user. Poly provides hardware systems that allow companies to transform huddle rooms to a fully functioning video conferencing space. Poly headsets are specially designed to cancel the outside noise for users to focus on their calls completely. Even the microphones in Poly headsets have a noise cancellation system enabled so that the person on the other end of the call is able to hear clear, noise-free audio. Plus, all the Poly devices are designed ergonomically to ensure the ease of use.