Budget is one of the biggest constraints for startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Coronavirus pandemic has made it even more difficult for these businesses to operate and grow due to a shortage of resources and lower revenues.
SaaS tools have proven to be the best way to achieve maximum benefits without spending a lot of money in such a situation.
What are SaaS tools?
The tools you can access on any device with a web browser and an internet connection are known as SaaS tools. They are also known as web-based, cloud-based, or on-demand software tools.
You pay for a subscription license depending on the number of users and the features you want on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
SaaS service providers host the tools in their servers and make a copy available to those who wish to use them. Maintenance, updates, and security are taken care of by the providers.
Startups and SMBs do not have to spend money on buying additional hardware or software, creating a robust IT infrastructure, or maintaining it.
Key Features of SaaS Tools
Subscription-based billing: SaaS tools usually have a subscription fee to start using them. You can change the plan or cancel anytime.
Remote access: You can access SaaS tools whenever you want from any device if you have an active internet connection.
Easy implementation: There is no time-consuming setup, and you can immediately get started.
Ease of use: There are no specific operating system or browser requirements.
Scalability: You can easily upgrade to higher capacity whenever your business needs to grow.
Compatibility: SaaS tools are compatible with numerous other automation tools, and updates are made regularly by the service providers.
Security: SaaS providers ensure data security with encryption and restricted user access.
10 Best SaaS Tools for Startups and SMBs
- Collaboration: MS Teams
- Video Conferencing: Zoom
- Cloud Storage: AWS
- Project Management: Trello
- Software Development and Project Tracking: JIRA
- Accounting Software: AlignBooks
- HR Software: FactoHR
- CRM: Zoho
- WhatsApp Marketing: Whatso
- Customer Support: Zendesk
No matter what type of business you have, several SaaS tools are available in the market to meet your budget and requirements. The best SaaS Tools for Startups and SMBs that supports different business processes are:
Collaboration: MS Teams
MS Teams tool connects multiple remote users via meetings, chats, and calls. It can access, edit, and share files in real-time. You can also maintain notes, files, calendars, and more.
Features of MS Teams
- Meetings and calls: Do online meetings with multiple participants. Options like screen sharing and custom backgrounds also present.
- Chat and collaboration: Chat, search, attach/store files, and more.
- Productivity apps and services: Services like Word, Excel, PowerPoint are available.
- Security and compliance: Data encryption during storage and transfer.
- Administration: Administrative tools to configure and manage user and app settings
- Support: 99.9% uptime guarantee, 24/7 phone and web support
MS Teams Pricing: MS Teams price is available on Techjockey.
Video Conferencing: Zoom
Zoom tool enables users to connect and communicate remotely with their contacts through video and audio conferencing. There are chat and screen sharing options too.
Features of Zoom
- Virtual Background: Set backgrounds to avoid distractions or highlight branding
- Calendar Integration: Use scheduler extension or outlook plug-in to schedule Zoom meetings and send details to invitees.
- Waiting Room: Track the participants asking for access and admit as many as you want at once. Send a message to the people waiting.
- Multi-Share: Multiple screen sharing for real-time collaboration.
- Personal Meeting Room: Personal Meeting ID (PMI) so that the virtual meeting is only for selected users. Customizable room settings as per your needs
- Touch-up My Appearance: Soft focus for screen to improve lighting and make it look more professional
Zoom Meetings pricing for an individual user starts at Rs 15580 per annum. Zoom pricing details for the business plan is also available on Techjockey.
Cloud Storage: AWS
AWS is a cloud computing platform that lets users to access, control, and analyze their stored data. Businesses do not have to worry about managing the storage infrastructure and can scale the capacity as per their needs.
Features of AWS
- Object storage: Store data related to websites, mobile applications, enterprise applications, and more.
- File storage: Share files and documents without worrying about storage capacity.
- Block storage: For heavier workloads where a large number of operations take place simultaneously.
- Backup: Manage and automate data backup in one place. Simplified data protection and compliance offering.
- Data transfer: Collect, process, transfer, and sync data without any hassle. Hybrid cloud storage service to connect on-premise applications to cloud storage.
- Edge computing and storage: Move data computing and storage near to the data source. Run operations smoothly even in places with poor data connectivity.
Free (product-based): You can opt for any of these free AWS plans based on your cloud computing requirement:
- Always Free
- 12 months Free
- Limited-Period Trial
Pay-as-you-go: Estimate available on request at Techjockey.
Project Management: Trello
Trello is a collaboration tool that allows teams to organize their work better. You can build a workflow for big or small projects. Manage, track, and share every checklist and due date with your team. This avoids confusion and enables better productivity.
Features of Trello
- Unlimited cards: Use any number of cards to manage your tasks.
- Custom fields: Add dropdown menus, checkboxes, date fields, and more.
- Boards & Lists: Use boards to create a flowchart of your project and lists to manage to-do work.
- Built-in automation: Automate repetitive actions and increase your work speed.
- Unlimited activity logs: Keep track of all team activities.
- Pre-defined Templates: Instead of starting from scratch, copy and customize available templates.
- 2-Factor Authentication: Additional verification while logging in.
- Integration: Easily integrate with other apps and services like Slack, Outlook, Gmail, Dropbox, Jira, Salesforce, and more
Trello Pricing: Free plan available for individuals & teams to collaborate with limited features. For the Business Class plan (for up to 100 people) is available on Techjockey.
Software Development and Project Tracking: JIRA
JIRA tool tracks issues and bugs in software development. It is also a project management tool that supports agile methodologies and breaks projects into phases for improvements. Project You can adopt these project management methodologies – Scrum, Kanban, or a customized one.
Features of JIRA
- Scrum and Kanban boards: Task boards with features to manage the workflow and maintain transparency.
- Backlog: Create the list of pending tasks in your project and organize your work.
- Agile reporting: Reports to provide insights for Scrum, Kanban, and other agile methodologies.
- Customizable workflows: Create workflows based on your company size and needs.
- Apps and integrations: Connect and use Tempo Timesheets, Zephyr, Slack, Zoom, GitHub, Zendesk, and more.
- Automation: Use automation templates with a simple drag and drop feature
- Roadmaps: Prepare and compare roadmaps for teams or organization with different levels of hierarchy
- Dependency management: Track dependencies across multiple teams and projects.
JIRA Pricing: The free JIRA plan is for up to 10 users. The pricing for Standard (for up to 10,000 users) is available on Techjockey.
Accounting Software: AlignBooks
AlignBooks is a GST billing solution to manage financial transactions from anywhere globally and avoid errors. You can create financial reports with custom fields and analyze them to control your business expenses and increase sales.
Features of AlignBooks
- GST compliance: Record purchases and generate GST invoices and e-way bills for different goods quickly.
- Sales management: Choose customizable billing templates, receive reminders for pending bills, and generate MIS reports for improved sales.
- Purchase management: Maintain flexible workflows for purchase and service orders. Automate import purchases, TDS deduction, and so on.
- Finance management: Record, classify, summarize, and analyze all financial transactions to make better decisions.
- Operations management: Generate location-wise reports and manage operations at multiple locations.
- Pre-configured item/stock-keeping unit (SKU): Avoid repeated configuration for same orders and track the inventory status after every order.
- Razor Pay integration: Safe payment gateway that supports Net banking, Credit, Debit Cards, UPI, and so on.
AlignBooks Pricing: Free plan available. There are also the Premium, Ultima & Lifetime Plans available on Techjockey.
HR Software: FactoHR
FactoHR is an HR and payroll software to manage employee attendance, leaves, performance, salary, and other related activities. It provides a secure and centralized platform to store the data of all employees. It also ensures adherence to the latest payroll and workforce management policies.
Features of FactoHR
- Time & attendance management: Authentication of employee sign in using geo-tracking, geo-fencing, and face recognition.
- Payroll management: Automate tasks related to salary processing as per your needs. Maintain compliance with your area’s legal provisions.
- Performance management: Check whether the work of employees aligns with the goals of the organization.
- Employee onboarding: Create joining, confirmation, appraisal letters, and more.
- Expense management: Manage the expenses when employees are travelling for work.
- Employee self-service: Employees can access and update their information, leave requests, and so on.
- GPS & mobile app: Employees can mark their attendance through a mobile app, use a chatbot for queries, and so on.
- Retirement benefits: Manage benefit schemes like provident funds and gratuity plans.
FactoHR Pricing: More details available on Techjockey.
Zoho CRM is a highly customizable tool for sales and marketing. It helps businesses improve relations with customers, convert leads, and improve revenue generation.
Features of Zoho
- Sales Force Automation: Automate routine sales, marketing, and more to speed up tasks
- Journey Orchestration: Track the journey taken by customers from inquiry to purchase and understand them better.
- Process Management: Make blueprints for sales processes that teams can follow.
- Omnichannel: Connect with customers in real-time and understand how they interact with your brand.
- Analytics: Reports, analytics, and forecasts for sales processes
- Marketing Automation: Execute targeted email marketing campaigns, determine the performance of campaigns, and more.
- Team collaboration: Create groups and share updates.
Zoho Pricing: Details are available on Techjockey.
WhatsApp Marketing: Whatso
Whatso bulk WhatsApp sender allows sending bulk messages to multiple clients and prospects in one go. You can attach images, videos, and text messages. The complete source code is also available for customization and reselling.
Features of Whatso
- Unlimited messages: Send thousands of messages like offers, news, updates, and more at once to saved and unsaved contacts.
- Custom messages: Personalize the messages for every contact to build customer relationships.
- Import contacts: Import multiple contact details from CSV, TXT files, or by simple copy and paste.
- Support for multimedia formats: Send messages in different formats such as text, images, videos, audios, and vCard files.
- Windows support: Use your laptop or PC. Supports Windows 10 (32 & 64 bit), Windows 8/7/Vista & XP operating systems.
- Additional features: Choose contacts from WhatsApp groups, sending log, scheduled sending & numbers filter.
Whatso Pricing: Find out details about Whatso pricing plans on Techjockey.
Customer Support: Zendesk
Zendesk is a flexible and customizable customer service software that lets you connect with customers. You get a better understanding based on customer data to improve your services and build better relationships.
Features of Zendesk
- Ticketing system: A central hub to track, prioritize, and solve customer support tickets
- Messaging & live chat: Add messaging options to the web, mobile, and social channels and connect with customers.
- Help center: Add the answers to usual queries in one place to avoid getting the same questions repeatedly.
- Voice: Sync all channels to gather customer information and resolve complex issues on a phone call.
- Community forums: Connect customers to each other and your business. Get feedback for improvement.
- Reporting & analytics: Monitor performance, fix problems, and understand how customers interact with your business.
- Answer Bot: Answer customer queries when agents are unavailable.
Suite Team plan starts at Rs 3650 per agent/month billed annually. Find out about other Zendesk pricing plans on Techjockey