What is attendance management?
Attendance management is a system with which you can keep track of your employees and their working hours. Attendance management solution also helps keep a tab on how much time employees take off from work. There are multiple ways you can keep track of employee work hours such as paper, spreadsheets, time clocks, punch time cards, and attendance management systems.
An attendance management system has several benefits which makes it integral for an organization:
- Centralized Time-Attendance Management of Multiple Locations
- Time-Attendance System for Real-time Monitoring
- User-wise Attendance Marking and Processing
- Manage Multiple Shifts and Overnight Shift Effectively
- Instant Notifications on Exceptions
- Live Attendance Tracking for Immediate Correction
- Schedule Reports for Convenience
- Generate Customized Reports for Next Action
- Accurate and Timely Salary Data for Payroll
Ways to Track Employee Time
There are several nifty ways you can keep a track of your employees’ attendance.
- Paper: The time and tested method of keeping attendance is you can simply maintain a notebook or register and use it as a time sheet. The employees note down the days and times that they’ve worked and you can use this information to process their salaries. This is a low cost and convenient method but does have its drawbacks. The notebook may get lost or damaged or you might have trouble deciphering the handwriting.
- Time clock: Companies usually opt for a time clock where employees have to punch in using their biometrics when they arrive or leave from work. Though, it does require initial cost to set up, it is usually inexpensive to maintain and keep it running.
- Spreadsheet: You can also design a spreadsheet where you can maintain employee times and use formulae to calculate employees’ salaries and wages.
- Time and attendance software: You can also go for a time and attendance software for keeping track of your employees’ timings. Time and attendance software can also double up as an employee self-service portal where they can enter their sick leaves’ and vacation days. Time and attendance software automatically deducts time off taken by employees.
You may feel that a time clock or using a notebook might be enough to get by but an attendance management system does offer more. Once you approve employee time cards, this information can be readily processed and synced with the payroll software. By doing this, you can easily process your employees’ salaries and wages.