Almost every organisation is moving towards using an employee attendance tracking app. It increases efficiency and productivity to an enormous extent. Here’s a list of the top five employee attendance tracking app and the reasons why you should use one.
Gone are those days when maintaining a register, or an excel sheet was essential to manage your employees logged hours. Employee attendance tracking app have quickly replaced traditional processes, as these can be managed anytime and anytime.
This technology has come as a win-win situation for both the employees and the management. Now employees will not hesitate from putting in hard work as their efforts will be recorded. While managers can track their employees’ whereabouts anytime directly through their phone.
Why Use Employee Attendance Tracking App?
Millennials represent 38% of the globally mobile workforce on average and they use mobile apps for almost every purpose in life. That is why, using apps for logging in their attendance would come in handy.
Let’s have a look at how employee attendance tracking app are a boon for managing workflow.
- Flexibility: There are times when employees have to work out of office. They can be working from home or attending meetings outside of office. You cannot track each and every activity of your employees when they are not present in the office. That is where an employee tracking app is useful. An employee tracking app has a variety of clocking options like smartphones, internet networks, swiping technologies etc. This would help the employees log in their working hours and let managers assign them work accord.
- Accuracy: Manual errors are meant to happen because of basic human nature. But with the help of an employee attendance trackingapp, all these errors can be minimized. It can record the time accurately and minimize costly errors.
- Controlled costs: Now you can get rid of buddy punching, inaccurate time reporting, absenteeism and overpayments. It can help you save money by controlling these unnecessary charges.
- Productivity: Administration time is spent on monitoring and managing employees’ attendance manually. This time can be saved if we automate this task. That’s how an employee attendance app works. It can automate the laborious tasks of managing paperwork and punching cards, and save your precious time.
- Reports: You can get accurate reports of every task that has been assigned or completed on the employee attendance app. The centralized data can improve visibility within the organisation. Graphical views are also available to ease the process of interpreting the data displayed on the employee attendance app.
- Integration: The employee attendance app can be integrated with any third party hardware like biometric or swipe machines to give you a more accurate result. Customized attendance policies can be created according to your needs as well.
- Real-time tracking: Employee attendance app are mostly cloud based, which enables you to track the whereabouts of your employees in real time. Especially when you have to manage remote employee, employee attendance app is quite useful.
- Security: Rest assured, security is guaranteed with an employee attendance app. With the cloud technology, employee attendance app are highly secured in terms of data. These apps are way more secured than biometric and punching machines as you get real-time data about your employees.
Here is the compiled list of best employee attendance app available online:
- Zoho People
- OfficeTimer Attendance Software
Clockify is a timesheet app that lets you and your team track work hours across projects. Unlimited users can access this and the best part is it is free of cost. Clockify can be used to track attendance, productivity and billable hours. It includes features like timekeeping and time reporting which makes tracking time simpler. All your data is synched online and can be accessed via multiple devices online.
Key Features of Clockify:
- Time Tracker: This software helps track the time devoted by the employees to projects at hand automatically or by manual entering as well. In timer mode, it tracks time using a stopwatch. In manual mode, you can enter your hours manually later.
- Timesheet Management: You can report a week’s worth of time in less than a minute with the help of a timesheet. You can set a list of predefined tasks and see total time per activity/day. With the help of templates, you can quickly load activities for each week.
- Dashboard management system: With the help of this feature, you can see where you spend most of your time and what your team is working on. You can see the visual representation of all your time and money. You can even get the live status of who is working on what.
- Report tracker: With the help of various types of reports, you can see who worked on what, how much money you earn, review your team’s time, and export the data as well. You can get a sharable link of the report and download the data in the form of PDF, CSV or Excel.
- Project Management: You can track time on projects, and keep an eye on progress and budget of the project at a glance. You can categorize time by job type and set hourly rates for projects as well.
- Team Management: This software helps in managing your team by recording their attendance and track the time they spend on various activities. You can also give or deny permissions to whosoever, for viewing the data.
WhenIwork is free employee attendance tracking app can be used from your phone or any fixed terminal as well. With this app you can export all your required information quickly to your payroll system. It is a free application and can be used by the maximum of 75 people, which makes suitable for small and medium sized companies. This employee attendance tracking app notifies employees and managers if anybody forgets to clock out. This also enables you to view where your employee is clocked-in from. You can also connect this app to your payroll software to always have accurate pay.
Key features of WhenIwork:
- Online Schedule Maker: WhenIWork’s schedule maker is available online. So, there is no need to worry about software installation. You just have to open your web browser and access the desired schedule.
- Customisable Dashboards: View any schedule, for a specific week or a month with this software. You can edit shifts easily in the schedule as well. It will allow you to save schedule templates that are repeated time and again.
- Payroll Management: This employee attendance software provides detailed resource and budget management information. You can easily track anybody by position, hours, or payroll expenses. You will be able to see your payroll forecast and overtime expenses with just one click.
- Multiple Unit Management: You can switch between locations when you are creating the schedules. This allows you to keep each of the schedules separated from each other. You can even see which employee is available where at a particular point of time.
- Notifications: This employee attendance tracking app also notifies employees and managers if someone forgets to clock out. With this app, employees can only clock in when they are actually at work by geo-fencing your workplace.
- Instant Messaging: You will be able to type a message, snap a photo, or attach a picture, and send it to your team members. Instant notifications are sent to the recipients right then and there.
Zoho People is an effective solution that helps in managing all HR administrative functions from a central location. Zoho People facilitates all HR operations from within a single platform including employee database management, attendance management, leave management, performance appraisal cycle, travel management and payslip generation. With all these automated features of Zoho People, all your HR operations will happen effortlessly.
Key features of Zoho People:
- Leave Management: With Zoho People, you can record and monitor all types of leave across the organization. It can be a vacation, training or sick leave. You will also be able to analyse absence patterns to maintain efficiency.
- Attendance Management: Employees’ time, attendance and absenteeism can be tracked from anywhere with the help of this cloud-based solution. There is also a feature of geolocation tracking where mobile check-ins and check-outs can be done effectively. Zoho People can also be integrated with employee attendance device terminals and multiple shifts and IP restrictions can be managed as well.
- Time Tracker: Zoho People has a feature called time tracker which helps organizations to keep track of the employees’ work and whereabouts. You can regularly monitor the team’s efficiency and improve their overall productivity. Billable and non-billable hours can also be calculated accurately.
- Performance Appraisal: Zoho People helps you to analyze the abilities and performance of the employees. It can also help you in performance appraisal cycles so that they are run efficiently.
- Employee Self Service: With Zoho People, organizations can automate the time-consuming processes and make your HR staff more efficient by freeing them from manually entering updates.
- Mobile App: With this employee attendance tracking app, employees can conveniently check in and out of work using their iOS and Android mobile devices. Managers can also set various types of IP restrictions to control when and where their employees are allowed to check in.
OfficeTimer Attendance Software
OfficeTimer Attendance is an employee time tracking software that allows you to track leaves, tasks running and expense management of employees. Everybody from architects to engineers can use the OfficeTimer software. With OfficeTimer Attendance software, you can define the minimum and maximum workable hours per day, which helps in organising workflow and manage tasks efficiently.
Key features of OfficeTimer Attendance Software:
- Timesheet Management: The timesheet feature helps you minimize resource wastage and increase productivity. OfficeTimer software comes with the real-time tracking feature and can be integrated across various operating systems.
- Expense Management: Create multiple expense sheets with this employee attendance tracking app. You can attach project bills and mark expenses for invoice as billable or non-billable as well.
- Task Management: You will be able to break down the project’s activities into tasks and group them by similar tasks. You can also set milestones to identify different stages of the project.
- Attendance Management: Now get real time alerts and notifications on your teams’ entry and exit times from work. This software automatically raises flags for habitual defaulters.
- Project Management: You will be able to manage projects of all sizes with multiple clients. Also, you can attach unlimited project or task documents in this employee attendance tracking app and manage and allocate funds with this software.
- Task Management: Define the unlimited number of tasks in multiple ways with this app. You will be able to reflect the horizontal and vertical organization of each project easily with this software.
- Invoice and Billing: With this employee attendance tracking app for Android, you will be able to classify each task and each expense as billable or non-billable. Synchronization with the timesheet can also be done to help in the billing.
greytHR is software for employee time and attendance management. It is suitable for companies with various numbers of employees. greytHR is a cloud-based HR and payroll software which is accurate and effective. It automates key areas of HR, payroll management, leave, and attendance tracking.
Key features of greytHR:
- Core HR Process Management: You can send communications, reminders, and alerts with greytHR. You will also be able to gain insights from the ready-to-use reports. Manage and access employee’s documents as well.
- Payroll Management: The software processes payroll with just a single click. It uses extensive reconciliation tools which also compute accurate salaries and configure complex salary structures.
- Compliances: This employee attendance tracking app helps take care of all statutory deductions for PF, ESI, Professional tax, IT, etc. These are automatically updated in the payroll system.
- Leave Management: This feature can improve transparency & employee satisfaction. greytHR leave management software automates everything from leave application to acceptance.
- ESS Portal: With the help of greytHR, you will be able to ensure better communication, standardized processes, and increased transparency. You can also access the ESS portal with a mobile app anytime, anywhere.
- Mobility: greytHR also has a mobile application, which ensures its access at any point in time. Employees can apply or review leaves, access income tax-related information and view payslips. Managers can approve or reject leaves just with a single tap on their mobile.
All these employee attendance software might look similar to you but their features vary according to the industries. Because each organization has its own unique requirements, you should select an employee tracking software that is best for your industry. You should also choose your vendor based on ease of implementation and your requirements.