You must have already made some New Year Resolutions for yourself; but, have you made any resolution for your business? Improving your customer service could be one of the resolutions. If you take up this resolution, have you thought how you are going to do it? The only way you can serve you customers better is by systemizing the help desk.
Now, you might have another question - how to systemize it? The answer to it is automation. It will help your business reach great heights by creating happy customers, which in turn will help you get more customers. Deploying a good and robust helpdesk ticketing tools in your travel company will help you improve your company's customer service.
But, which one is the ideal one for your company? With a number of different helpdesk ticketing tools available in the market, getting confused is quite obvious. So, to help you choose the best one that would best meet your business requirement, here is a list of things that you should consider.
- Know your budget: You will find helpdesk solutions starting from Rs. 720 per month and going up to Rs. 1 lakh annually. It is not that the more you pay the better you get; however, having a budget in mind will help you get your hands on the software that will best suit your business needs. Therefore, knowing your budget is important to prevent overspending or buying a software that isn't helpful for your business.
- Make a checklist of features you need: Helpdesk software has the power to make or break a firm. This tool not only helps in managing the ticketing system but also helps track the work flow and other aspects of the business. Without having the features that are important for your business, you will not be able to serve your customers. To make the best choice, making a checklist of the features that you need will help you choose the ideal software.
- Do not miss out on the security aspect: In most cases, particularly the ticketing system passes clients' data back and forth. This data usually contains addresses, names, passwords, and other confidential information that not just you even you customers would not want anyone outside your company to know. Therefore, ensuring the tool you select is secured is important. Consider SSL or some form of encryption is vital.
- Ensure it has ticket management feature: You might be of the perception that every help desk tool is capable of managing ticketing system. You might be thinking that assigning, re-assigning, escalating, resending, closing, canceling etc., all these capabilities will be included in every system. However, that isn't the case. Some systems offer more while others don't. Therefore, it is important to ensure that the software you are buying has everything in it or choose the one that will work for you better.
- Make sure it has an user-friendly interface: When you choose a software it is important you buy one that has an easy-to-use and user-friendly interface. Having an easy-to-use interface will let your employees understand and encourage them to use the software more. Whereas, a software that has a complex interface will make their life more difficult and it will also consume a lot of time to understand it.
Here you go! These are some of the important aspects that you need to consider when you decide on buying a helpdesk ticketing tools this New Year.