What is Hotel Management Software?
Hotel management software is an information management application that assists hotels, resorts and other accommodation services in digitising large chunks of their operations. It comes with specific modules to manage rooms, front desk, housekeeping, bookings, kitchen and more.
With a hotel solution, businesses can manage different verticals
of their operation- guests, employees, assets and more.
Why You Need Hotel Management Software?
Hotels, motels, resorts, country clubs, B&Bs, boutique apartments, service apartments and any other lodging service can use a hotel software. Such places need this solution for: -
1. Efficient Processes:
Hotel software creates an efficient administrative system with which managing different verticals becomes simpler. Because it’s a digital solution, the time consumed in performing administrative tasks is reduced and redundant/reoccurring tasks are automated.
2. Automated Tasks:
Certain tasks like updating room status on check-in/checkout, sending promotional messages, etc. can be easily automated with a hotel software. This helps your staff focus more on guest experience & ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
3. Better Customer Support:
This hotel software lets you manage your online reputation, accumulate and assess feedback
, process complaints, communicate with guests and do more.
4. Data Security:
Top Hotel software are designed with the latest in data security & encryption technology, ensuring that your business data is secure and in safe hands.
5. Easy Access of Information:
A digital repository of records is a lot easier to manage than physical records. With a hotel management solution, you get just that through a central data management platform.
6. Online Booking & Integration with Third Party Website:
Want your hotel to be listed on popular hotel booking platforms like TripAdvisor, Trivago, Goibibo, etc? Or do you want to include a booking option in your own website? All these processes can be easily attained with the best hotel system.
Modules in Hotel Management Software
Hotel software comes with many useful modules. These include:
Features in Hotel Management Software
- Room Management- From occupancy status to cleaning status, the room management module assists in managing the entire nitty-gritty. You can also update the system to reflect repairs needed in the room or if a room is currently unavailable for repair work.
- Housekeeping- You can easily manage the housekeeping staff with this module. Your staff can use it to update the cleaning status & assign cleaning duties to employees. Additionally, admin staff can update the system to reflect rooms that have to be cleaned.
- Bookings- When guests make a room booking, this module of hotel billing software reflects the booking status and conveys it to your hotel staff. This lets them know in advance about bookings, and accordingly hand out rooms to other guests.
- Invoicing- Any hotel has multiple facets operating within it. There are different vendors who provide kitchen supplies, stationary, bedding, furniture, cleaning supplies, etc. to your hotel. This module generates automatic invoices for any such transaction. Additionally, at the time of guest checkout, it generates invoices detailing their stay and add-on services availed by them (food/drinks ordered, on-premise activities, mini-bar usage, etc).
- Reporting- You can’t run a successful hospitality business if you don’t assess the profitability and performance metrics of its different verticals. This module generates MIS reports which details out & graphically represents different metrics like seasonal bookings, highest booking period and so on in an easy and convenient way.
- CRM- A hospitality business needs a robust customer experience strategy for longevity and profitability. The CRM module can be programmed to send welcome and thank you messages to arriving & departing guests respectively. Additionally, you can share promotional messages, send congratulations and wishes on important days, and solicit feedback about guest experience.
- Kitchen Management- When guests place an order from your hotel restaurant, the front desk can enter the order information into the system which gets relayed to the kitchen staff. The front desk/room service team isn’t required to call and confirm the order with the kitchen, as the order status can be updated by the cooking staff.
- Property Management- If you run a resort, this module is especially useful to manage different areas of your property. You can use it to simultaneously check up on swimming pools, tennis court, restaurant, lounge, yoga studio or any other activity available at your lodging business.
- Front Desk- When guests walk-in to your hotel, the front desk module can be used to create a digital record of their information, complete with every detail relevant to their stay. When they check out, this module details out their transaction and forwards it to the invoicing module for billing.
- Accounting- Quite a few hotel software offers this as an add-on module. Accounting module helps in ledger maintenance and bookkeeping of your hotel finances. It records financial information, including transaction and payment details, and stores it in a centralized database.
This software has a whole slew of features to make your business pop. Its features include: -
Benefits of Using Hotel Management Software
- Employee Management: Track your employees’ work schedule effortlessly with hotel management system. This nifty tool can be used to track employees as they move in & out of your property, along with tracking their break hours. Simply ask them to input their entry and exit time into the system. If you have a separate attendance solution, you can integrate the two seamlessly.
- Front Office Management: From tracking visitors’ check-ins/outs to addressing their queries, your front desk operations are simplified with hotel front desk software. Guest registration, query handling, delegating tasks to room service & kitchen and checkout processes can be performed with a hotel front desk software.
- Online Travel Agency (OTA) Integration- If you want your property to be available for viewing and booking on popular online travel websites and aggregators, hotel management solution can assist you with that. You can use the hotel software’s dashboard to create a listing on popular webpages. Additionally, any booking made on your hotel’s website is automatically updated to OTAs, ensuring that the room count remains consistent across platforms.
- Franchise Management- If you run a multi-location hotel, you can easily manage all of them with a single hotel solution. You can maintain the super-access of the solution at your head office. This way, information of any update in any of the location will be conveyed to you immediately and you can also send instructions/guidelines to the concerned staff, without moving an inch.
- Housekeeping Management- From assigning cleaning schedules to laundry and maintenance tasks, the housekeeping management feature allows hotels to digitise the administration of your housekeeping staff. Simply assign a schedule and the same will be communicated to the concerned team. Any impromptu requests made by a customer can be instantly communicated to the housekeeping staff for quick resolution.
- Maintenance Management- Much like housekeeping, this feature manages your property’s maintenance activities. Repair work, cleaning, gardening, painting, washing and any other maintenance activity can be easily administered with a hotel solution.
- Marketing Management- The hotel software provides many advanced marketing features, which you can use to send promotional messages to your guests (SMS & Emails), feedback requests and analyse customer satisfaction metrics.
- Online Booking- This software’s dashboard creates an online booking option in your website, complete with a payment gateway. It’s highly secure, so data loss or hacking is next to impossible.
- Point of Sale (POS)- An add-on feature, you can receive payments from your guests and generate automated invoices using hotel accounting software.
- Reservations Management- Reservations made online/offline will be updated in the hotel reservation system, ensuring no confusions or misallocation of rooms.
- Reviews Management- Irrespective of positive/negative reviews, the review management feature consolidates feedback from your website, feedback cards, social media and review aggregator platforms, and allows you to respond to them. You can also use the review analyser to identify key points of contention reported by guests.
Hotel software makes your hotel processes run smoother and ensures that your business’s growth isn’t hampered. The significant benefits of using a hotel management system include:
- Reduced Time Spent on Administration- Using this software, you can minimise the time spent by your employees on administrative tasks. A lot of redundant tasks are automated, such as billing, invoicing, task delegation, etc., allowing you to focus on growing & improving your business. Aside from this, you can also use its employee management feature to gain valuable data on employee performance and productivity.
- Improved Online Presence- You might have a social media presence already but in a world with immense online saturation, you need to stand out. With this software, you can increase your brand presence online through the integrated website builder, social media & OTA manager and feedback consolidator. You can use it to increase your relevance in search engine results, enabling more travellers to discover your hotel during their research.
- Enhanced Relationship with Guests- Using a hotel management system, you will be able to develop a better rapport with your guests. The software lets you send welcome messages to guests with upcoming stays. Additionally, you can also send thank you notes and feedback requests to guests when they are checking out.
- Increases Bookings- With a comprehensive hotel solution, you can do just that. You can setup a website with online booking options, list hotel on other platforms & OTAs, improve stay and constantly monitor activities in your hotel to ensure complete accountability and efficiency.
How soon can hotel management system be deployed at my business?
If you’re looking for a customised solution, it would take a few days for final deployment. Standard hotel software modules can be deployed in 24-48 hours.
Is hotel management solution beneficial if I’m running a small-scale hotel?
Yes, irrespective of your hotel size & scale, you can still benefit from using hotel solution. If you’re concerned about the price and ROI, you can always opt for a license-based software subscription model, wherein you’ll only have to pay for the modules you use. Payment for the same would be deducted on a monthly/quarterly/half-yearly/yearly basis.
What kind of resources would I have to dedicate to train my employees in using hotel software?
When you purchase a hotel management system, the vendor will help you in the setup and training process. They’ll guide you in the nitty-gritty of the solution, along with providing readable user guides for further clarifications.
What is the difference between hotel management and property management?
The basic difference between these two is that hotel management solutions cater specifically to the lodging business, including inventory, stay & finances. On the other hand, property management solutions are more umbrella-esque and caters to any business within the purview of real estate (hotels, construction, apartments, office buildings, etc).
My hotel doesn’t need all the modules offered by top hotel system. Can I only get the modules I need?
Yes, you can order a hotel software which is customised with just the features & modules your business needs.
We have a swimming pool and an indoor children’s playing arena. Can they be administered with a hotel software?
Absolutely! Hotel solutions have dedicated modules that allow you to manage additional functions aside from room and guest management.
I use an accounting software in my hotel, for bookkeeping and billing. Can hotel management solution be integrated with it?
Yes, third party integration is possible with hotel software. For clarity, make it a point to ask the hotel software vendor if your exiting accounting & attendance solutions can work in sync with the hotel software, to prevent any confusion later.
If you’re looking to buy a hotel management software, there are a few things you should be clear about. Some important things to consider before buying any top hotel software include: -
Define Your Need
Before buying this software, you need to clarify your business requirement. Are you looking to improve the guest experience? What operations do you wish to automate? What’s your end-motif of using a hotel solution? Understanding your business need is the first step to choosing the best solution.
Ease of Access
Hotel management solution with a complex user-interface will make it difficult for your employees to access all of its features. They will have to spend more time in understanding the solution, leading to the loss of productivity and efficiency. Consequently, it will affect your revenue as well. A hotel software should be easy to use, as it will help you increase profitability and stay competitively viable.
Check for Vendor Support
In case you run into trouble using the solution, how fast is the response time from vendor in solving your problem? Clarify this before buying a hotel management system, as any delay in support will affect your work flow. Choose a vendor whose response time is quick & efficient.
Get a Demo
Opt for a solution that comes with a free trial/demo or both. Using the solution before deployment will help you understand its functionality and if it’s suited to your business. Don’t hesitate in asking, as our sales experts are there to arrange a quick demo for any hotel software you choose.
Here’s a list of the best-selling top 10 hotel management software in India, for your business: -
- eZee FrontDesk - Hotel Management Software
- Indian Mesh Hotel Management Software
- Bigdbiz Hotel Management software
- Fusion PMS
- Hot-Inn Hotel Management
- Software Window Hotel Management Software
- Ahead SoftPro Hotel Management Software
- HMS Hotelogix